Series 14 minifigures and the box

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
greyimp
I'm New !

Series 14 minifigures and the box

Post by greyimp » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi everyone, new to the forum but excited to be getting into LEGO with my 6 and 8 year olds.

I'm wondering if anyone could address getting a whole box of a particular minifigure series (14 is almost here and who doesn't love zombies?) since I have 2 wee collectors and I don't mind them myself. I've seen info here and there that you can find the whole box and get them for about $2.70 each or so, but is that just ebay or are there vendors who sell them by the box?

Is it worth it? Subjective of course... however I'm wondering if the distro in boxes is pretty even or if it's really really random and you could just get a whole mess of the same ones. I'm sad they raised the MSRP just as my family got into these and lookin to find the bargain!

Thanks very much!
-S

Congruence
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Series 14 minifigures and the box

Post by Congruence » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:09 pm

The distro is always the same, generally you can get 3 full sets from a box of 60, and then a few spares of the others.

I always buy a full box from my local walmart, if you go right after they put them out you can generally get a sealed box, my store generally gets about 10 cases. Then I feel them at home to see what's what, keep a full set plus any spares I want, then either return or bricklink the ones I don't.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:26 pm

I've never tried it. I've considered it. I always look for a review by Whitefang at Eurobricks when there is a new series released. Whitefang always gives a count of how many of each were found in a case (near the end of the review). I always look just to see which one's I'll have the hardest time finding. If I want multiples of the easier to find ones I usually wait a month or two in the hopes that i can find them cheaper. Meijers grocery occasionally has some sort of deal enabling me to buy the remaining ones that I want for $3. Sometimes I get lucky and find the ones that I need multiples of months after they've been released on ebay or bricklink for less than $3.99. I got lucky with series 13. My son and I both still wanted several more of the alien trooper and the goblin and I found a dealer with quantities of both at $2.75 and $3 each. Of course others like the unicorn girl, hotdog man and samurai I was sure to buy when they were first released at regular price because they were only 3 per case. Here's a link to Whitefang's review of Series 13 if you want to check it out.. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... opic=99986

Buying a case may be the way to go though. I know several others that collect blind bag minifigures and would gladly give me $3-3.50 for each. As you suggested the remaining minfigs could be sold online.

greyimp
I'm New !

Post by greyimp » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:42 pm

Thanks very much for the input! Now if I can only find them by the case for under $3 per. I suppose ebay but I'd rather use a vendor.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:03 pm

I've usually picked up my boxes from amazon EU (.fr or .es) or from minifiguresplus.com, who have both an ebay and bricklink store. I've read reports that Fred Meyer in the Northwest US, and Meijer in the midwest also often good places to get either boxes and/or good discounts on CMF---although I'm not sure if its possible to do both at the same time.

The amazon.fr route works well for me. Currently, 1 box of Simpsons S2 is $244 on ebay, and $170 on amazon.fr. If you have a credit card that offers lower foreign transaction fees than amazon's currency converter, the price can be a bit lower (about $164, in my case).

That said, I'm expecting the S14 Halloween figures to be very popular. Amazon.fr may not be an option until after Halloween. They will sometimes restrict shipments to the US for popular products.

greyimp
I'm New !

Post by greyimp » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:05 pm

Good to know I'll check there for sure. I like the box idea, makes both kids happy.
Thanks!

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:32 pm

I wish I knew some folks who'd chip in on a joint box buy. I never seem to have the money for a whole box when they come out.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:07 pm

Richard J. wrote:I wish I knew some folks who'd chip in on a joint box buy. I never seem to have the money for a whole box when they come out.
hmmm... Where are you located?

Slickson
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Slickson » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:54 am

StClair wrote:
Richard J. wrote:I wish I knew some folks who'd chip in on a joint box buy. I never seem to have the money for a whole box when they come out.
hmmm... Where are you located?
indeed lol

Richard J.
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Richard J. » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:37 am

Eh? Are you two offering to join forces on a box buy? If you're serious, PM me. I'm in Georgia though so it might not be possible for a face-to-face meet up (I see you're in Kentucky StClair) but shipping shouldn't be that bad. Fairly sure a full set of minifigs would fit in one of the smaller priority mailer boxes at the post office.

I love hunting and feeling but I get so frustrated when I have just a few figures I need and I can't find them. I'm down to just four I need from the "Simpsons" series 2 and the closest place that still has them takes almost 2 hours of driving to reach! Buying a box eliminates that worry and makes it all about finding an extra or just enjoying them but then I have extra complete sets that I want to sell but I kinda don't want to sell too since I paid all that money in the first place. (Yes, I know, that's kinda silly).

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:50 am

Richard J. wrote:Eh? Are you two offering to join forces on a box buy? If you're serious, PM me. I'm in Georgia though so it might not be possible for a face-to-face meet up (I see you're in Kentucky StClair) but shipping shouldn't be that bad. Fairly sure a full set of minifigs would fit in one of the smaller priority mailer boxes at the post office.

I love hunting and feeling but I get so frustrated when I have just a few figures I need and I can't find them. I'm down to just four I need from the "Simpsons" series 2 and the closest place that still has them takes almost 2 hours of driving to reach! Buying a box eliminates that worry and makes it all about finding an extra or just enjoying them but then I have extra complete sets that I want to sell but I kinda don't want to sell too since I paid all that money in the first place. (Yes, I know, that's kinda silly).
I saw series 2 (simpsons) somewhere recently. I think it was my local Walmart). I could charge you cost plus shipping ($2.50-$3.00) if you want AND if they have the ones that you are looking for. If you have a paypal account it would be very easy to do if you want. I would of course wait to see if you are interested. Then check to see if they have the ones that you want/need. PM me if you want me to check. I must warn you it may be a few days or next weekend before I venture back to Wal-mart.