Lego Ebay question

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
marksable
I'm New !

Lego Ebay question

Post by marksable » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:53 pm

Hello all -

I'm selling a bunch of new (mostly sold out) Lego sets on e-bay. (Modulars, SW, LoTR, etc). Not here to advertise, although if there's a place on this site to do that, please let me know.

I'm hoping for some advice. I haven't sold anything on e-bay in a while. It seems the system has changed, so its' harder to do both an auction and buy it now. So my question is - what do you think I'm better off doing? Auction or Buy-it-now?

I'm going to do some traveling so I only have about a week to 10 days to hold the auction and ship the items before I go away.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mark

kibosh
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Lego Ebay question

Post by kibosh » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:22 am

Buy-it-Now obviously sells quicker, but at lower prices I find. What's your biggest constraint? Maximizing selling price, or selling quickly?

Joshroadifer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Joshroadifer » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:40 am

If you are leaving soon I recommend Buy-It-Now as most people pay right away. Sometimes with auctions they don't. You have to wait 2 days before you can open a non-payment case as another 4 before you can close it. Then your item sat in limbo for just about a week. Buy-It-Now also spreads your packaging/shipping time over a few days, where auction does not depending upon wen you post.

gopalkrishnan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by gopalkrishnan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:18 am

If you want to sell a LEGO set quickly then BIN is the best option for you. If you have decided to reserve price for an item then BIN feature will not disappear until a bidder meets your reserve price. Usually, when a bidding is received for the item BIN disappears and the item may go through normal auction process.