[CAN]: Walmart.ca now carrying LEGO exclusives!?!

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

[CAN]: Walmart.ca now carrying LEGO exclusives!?!

Post by hatcher » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:23 am

On a lark I decided to see if Walmart.ca had any clearances going on. Imagine my surprise when I sorted by price and discovered they had the Death Star, the Sydney Opera House, the Modulars etc, etc, listed for sale. They are only available online, and are all selling at regular price.

Anyway, it was news to me, sorry if all the cool kids already know about this. :)
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Re: [CAN]: Walmart.ca now carrying LEGO exclusives!?!

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:04 pm

This is great news since WM.ca tends to have a lot of clearance and price errors. Hopefully they show up on the exclusives.

Their no minimum free shipping is great too.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:38 am

They have them in the states for a while now I believe, like the online site, it took them a while but finally they are here.

timtosino
Citizen
Citizen

Post by timtosino » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:51 pm

I have both a Target and Walmart Mastercard.. Guess which store I'm going to be earning more rewards points now at :)

hatcher
Count
Count

Post by hatcher » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Question regarding Walmart mastercard. I was just looking at their page, and the way I read it, you can only redeem reward points in store, not online? Is that correct or can you in fact use your points on online purchases? Since these items are available online only, the rewards points would then be useless if trying to purchase them.

timtosino
Citizen
Citizen

Post by timtosino » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:13 pm

I would assume you are still earning points online as if you were earning them in the store. I wasn't expecting to redeem then online anyway, don't know of many stores that do that.

Kash
I'm New !

Post by Kash » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:53 pm

Yeah too bad if you try to buy something from them your order will likely be cancelled. Sure the clearance prices seem good but you try and order and two weeks with no updates they will mysteriously cancel your order and say they are out of stock. Their customer service then says they only update the site's online stock status once a day. I would advise not to use the site and stick with toys r us or shop at home.

hatcher
Count
Count

Post by hatcher » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:58 am

timtosino wrote:I would assume you are still earning points online as if you were earning them in the store. I wasn't expecting to redeem then online anyway, don't know of many stores that do that.
I was thinking I would use the card to pay for my normal stuff like gas, food, etc, and then cash in the points to get reduced price on the exclusives, but you are right. Most online retailers don't let you cash in reward points online, so not surprising that they don't either.