UCS Lego tumbler

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
JIMIVEGAS
I'm New !

UCS Lego tumbler

Post by JIMIVEGAS » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:49 pm

I noticed on a couple of threads people saying this set to be sold out for the rest of 2014. Is that all BS or what? I can understand that it maybe true for the lego site. However, my local lego shop has been getting in at least a couple every week only to be sold out the next day. So I'm not really too worried about getting one since the set is so new. However, the holidays are upon us and i'm wondering if this will be a hot item around that time. Also, I've been seeing this set being flipped for a small profit recently. Who are these people buying the sets for $100 over retail? Can they not just go to the store and put some work into getting the set?

CrazyRus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: UCS Lego tumbler

Post by CrazyRus » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:21 am

#1 - not all people have a local Lego store. For example, my state, Michigan, has only 1 for the whole state. So while it's close to me (~20 min drive), some people would have to drive for hours on the off chance they can maybe pick it up. Nobody got time for that.

#2 - some people don't care about money. They have either too much of it or simply don't know it's (money) value.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: UCS Lego tumbler

Post by dr_spock » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:10 am

Lego Shop@Home do not ship to every country in the world. If you live in one of those countries then your options are limited. Such as resellers. Or families and friends in countries that Lego has a presence. Traveling to a country with Lego Store. It won't be cheap.