LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
toystest
Knight
Knight

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by toystest » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:08 am

kevin93 wrote:
grogall wrote:Well here in Munich they are getting released everywhere from small drug stores to large department stores and even some grocery stores. My bounty so far is 1 complete and sealed box €95 staff discount from a friend, one complete open set, one complete sealed set, 147 spartans as of this posting. I will be headed to Real today and see how many spartans I can scan with my iPhone. so good luck Hunting! :D :D :D
Lucky Germans! We only have tru and the figures are overpriced. The demand their does not seem to be high. 147 spartans is cracy, thats 49 boxes of minifigures (UNTOUCHED)! :shock:
I don't think that the demand there is any lower then here, if anything it is going to be higher. Supply is simple better. Within Europe TLG can move supply from one country to another without fees. Once they sent a certain amount to the US and pay the import fees they HAVE to sell them in the US as they wont get their fees back. My guess is they just sent less over here.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:05 pm

toystest wrote:I don't think that the demand there is any lower then here, if anything it is going to be higher. Supply is simple better. Within Europe TLG can move supply from one country to another without fees. Once they sent a certain amount to the US and pay the import fees they HAVE to sell them in the US as they wont get their fees back. My guess is they just sent less over here.
that would be accurate if only there was import tax/duty on toys. there is, of course, none. so making your point pretty much a moot one. :lol:

evilempire22
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by evilempire22 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:32 pm

Picked up 4 Vampires (3 still sealed, for trade), 1 Pharaoh and 1 Witch at the Ridgedale TRU. It was already picked clean of Spartans.

TRU in Bloomington, MN, was all out of minifigs because they got their shipment early and someone pretty much bought all them. The guy said to expect another shipment 2nd or 3rd week in Sept.

LEGO store in Mall of America is all out. Guy said new shipment will be in Wednesday. Store opens at 10 AM.

Nothing yet at Wal-Mart in Bloomington, MN.

farscape1
I'm New !

Post by farscape1 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:54 pm

147 spartans as of this posting.
That is seriously NOT cool.

Do any of you guys have kids? Try looking them in the face and explaining to them why a certain toy they want is unavailable; because some dealer or hoarder has cleaned out all the local stores. :cry:
With series 1, some stores were letting people walk out with the one and only case they had in stock.

Take only what you need!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:24 am

Called around the NY stores today.
  • West Nyack/Palisades Center: not in stock
  • Garden City/Roosevelt Field: one box in stock
  • Elmhurst/Queens Center: not in stock
  • NYC/Rockefeller Center: not in stock but are expecting them soon, told me to try back on Wednesday.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:03 pm

vynsane wrote:Called around the NY stores today.
  • West Nyack/Palisades Center: not in stock
  • Garden City/Roosevelt Field: one box in stock
  • Elmhurst/Queens Center: not in stock
  • NYC/Rockefeller Center: not in stock but are expecting them soon, told me to try back on Wednesday.
I called too thinking that I would be able to pick some up during lunch but they got nothing. My guess is that they will have new boxes on Sept. 1st since that's when they planned to release them.

Queens Center had 12 boxes on Friday. They might be saving them.

Tru in Nanuet had two boxes on Friday. Nothing left as of yesterday.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:23 am

I hit the GC/Roosevelt Field store and they still had a lot left. I had forgotten to bring the barcodes along, so I just checked and sorted the barcodes. I went up to the counter with about 20 for myself and my daughter had grabbed 6 - but they limited us to 16. I was like "Can I buy 16 and then buy 16 for her? She wants a whole set too..." but it was no dice. I'm still on The Island so I'm going to check back now.

Of the 16 I got, I ended up with 9 uniques. 4 motorcycle cops, 3 explorers, 2 lifeguards, 2 ringmasters, and then 1 each of Karate guy, pop star, surfer dude, skier, and dracula. I let my daughter have any dupes and left trips/quads in the bag. I may open the other explorer and give him a different head/hat.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:40 am

Last week all the TRUs in central Maryland didn't know what I was talking about, this week, all were sold out but one. I drove 30 miles to it, only to find someone had shoplifted all 43 of them.

But they had plenty of Series 1, but some kid employee was saying some sort of limit of 5 of each kind. I think he was just making crap up...but the other employees in earshot went along with it.

Perhaps instead of worrying about people buying too many, you should be keeping an eye out for shoplifters.

:lol:

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:46 am

vynsane wrote:I hit the GC/Roosevelt Field store and they still had a lot left. I had forgotten to bring the barcodes along, so I just checked and sorted the barcodes. I went up to the counter with about 20 for myself and my daughter had grabbed 6 - but they limited us to 16. I was like "Can I buy 16 and then buy 16 for her? She wants a whole set too..." but it was no dice. I'm still on The Island so I'm going to check back now.

Of the 16 I got, I ended up with 9 uniques. 4 motorcycle cops, 3 explorers, 2 lifeguards, 2 ringmasters, and then 1 each of Karate guy, pop star, surfer dude, skier, and dracula. I let my daughter have any dupes and left trips/quads in the bag. I may open the other explorer and give him a different head/hat.
You should've let your daughter buy a set herself and then buy your own set. I think they'll be more to come. I was told that they will have more next monday. I'm going to check tomorrow.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:06 pm

slacker wrote:You should've let your daughter buy a set herself and then buy your own set. I think they'll be more to come. I was told that they will have more next monday. I'm going to check tomorrow.
Well, she's 3.5 y/o... the guy didn't buy it. I went back today and got a Witch and Disco Stu. Now missing Mime, Spartan, Pharaoh, Weightlifter and Senor Maracas.

I think I want to get a couple more surfer dudes (the hair, head and torso are highly useful), draculas, maybe another karate guy or two and I'm thinking I want maybe 16 Spartans - that will form a decent phalanx.

imooumoo
Citizen
Citizen

Post by imooumoo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:08 pm

Available on s@h, in Canada to buy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:32 pm

imooumoo wrote:Available on s@h, in Canada
And the U.S.

gbleeker
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gbleeker » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:38 pm

I was able to place 2 orders to the same address with the same card info...

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:14 pm

gbleeker wrote:I was able to place 2 orders to the same address with the same card info...
Me too but I have only gotten the email confirmation for one right now.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

gbleeker
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gbleeker » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:42 pm

I've received both confirmation orders.

clock4me
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by clock4me » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:57 pm

Really want the spartan but don't want to get duplicates..

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:29 pm

gbleeker wrote:I've received both confirmation orders.
I received mine both as well. I'm hoping for a complete set between 32 packages. I think this will happen as long as LEGO doesn't do what it did last time and send me 5 of the same minifigure...
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:45 am

Called the NYC LEGO Store and they have "a bunch" but "they're going fast". Heading up there in about an hour.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:34 pm

They still had a lot @ NYC. I finished my full run and got a bunch of the dupes I want, including a second Spartan. I got a few more Mimes than I originally anticipated (not sure how that happened), picked up two more Karate guys, one more Disco Stu, and I now have six Surfers. I'm debating whether or not to keep all of them. My daughter might want one, and I'd like a few for myself, so maybe I'll try to find a home for one or two. I was sitting on the floor with the cheatsheet and people asked me if I worked there, then I had a bunch of kids and parents asking for help. It was a fun lunchbreak.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:27 pm

Nothing up here. I just want one more set.