LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by vynsane » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:22 am

slacker wrote:They have been spotted in the Queens Lego store. They have 12 boxes in the back and slowly getting them out. 12 boxes!!!!
Dang, that's tempting, but the traffic getting onto the Island... I wonder about the Garden City/Roosevelt Field store as well.
slacker wrote:stopped by during lunch yesterday. They have none. I was told shipments won't be in until monday and they don't know if they will get any.
Yeah, I called them yesterday afternoon, and that's what they told me, too.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:39 am

TRU in NYC, $3.49 each!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: almost double msrp. Ebay and BL will do well this month.

gbleeker
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gbleeker » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:46 am

slacker wrote:TRU in NYC, $3.49 each!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: almost double msrp. Ebay and BL will do well this month.
Yikes, I won't buy them if they are going to be that much! I might buy 1 or 2 if I need to complete a set, but definitely not 16-20 ...

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:56 am

slacker wrote:TRU in NYC, $3.49 each!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: almost double msrp. Ebay and BL will do well this month.
You're surprised? I'm surprised they even have them - I don't think they stocked the first series. Better off hoofing it the couple blocks and getting them at the Rockefeller Center LEGO store.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:08 pm

They did stock them for the first series at a low low price of $2.99 if you remembered. That was the time I was venting on what crappy deals we get in the tri-states. :roll:

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:16 pm

I remember asking them if they had them in stock and they said no, but they were $2.99 in their POS system. I never went back to check if they ever stocked them, since I found mine in the Valley Stream, NY store.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Lego Minifigure Series 2 available at toysrus.com

Post by slacker » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:34 pm

TRU in nyack has two boxes wide open for $2.99 by the service desk

Legoliner Pilot
I'm New !

Post by Legoliner Pilot » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:29 pm

I visited the Fort Lauderdale TRU retail store this afternoon and I found two boxes: One was obviously rifled through, but sitting directly below it was a COMPLETELY un-touched box! It hadn't even been set up yet! All 60 figure bags were present, untouched!

Amazed at my sheer luck, I immediately took the box to the front of the store and paid for it. It cost me a lot: 2.99 per figure times 60 is $190 USD! I then took it home and scanned all the barcodes with my iPhone 3GS and labeled the bags with a label maker. :D It turns out that I have three full sets and 12 extras! I kept one set, sold another, and will be offering the third and all the extras on my Bricklink store soon.

In other new, I bought another full case of 60 for $170 from GERMANY and it was actually cheaper then a local TRU store's price: I got it with shipping and insurance for $172 USD. Funny how it is cheaper coming from Germany from TRU :lol:

Anyway here is a picture of the case I bought:

And my order confirmation for the case of sixty coming from Germany:

I am so happy right now, just so happy :D

legogeek
Knight
Knight

Re: Lego Minifigure Series 2 available at toysrus.com

Post by legogeek » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:37 pm

Legoliner Pilot wrote:Amazed at my sheer luck, I immediately took the box to the front of the store and paid for it. It cost me a lot: 2.99 per figure times 60 is $190 USD!
Isn't 60 of them only $179.4? I really hate the price from TRU. It sucks that its the only retailer to offer the figures other than lego stores.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:07 pm

I've merged the TRU.com topic and the general CMFs2 availability topic because, really the former is just a subset of the latter and it diluted into a conversation of availability at TRU brick and mortar store as well, confusing the issue. I let it be for a while, but Legoliner Pilot's cross-posting of the same exact post in both topics tipped the balance.

That said... Legoliner Pilot - maybe I'm not getting it, but why would you buy another full box from Germany if you already sold one full set and plan to sell another set from the box you got in Ft. Lauderdale? Is it just to resell? Seems like overkill to me, but to each their own, I guess.

grogall
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by grogall » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:02 am

Well here in Munich they are getting released everywhere from small drug stores to large department stores and even some grocery stores. My bounty so far is 1 complete and sealed box €95 staff discount from a friend, one complete open set, one complete sealed set, 147 spartans as of this posting. I will be headed to Real today and see how many spartans I can scan with my iPhone. so good luck Hunting! :D :D :D

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:50 am

vynsane wrote:That said... Legoliner Pilot - maybe I'm not getting it, but why would you buy another full box from Germany if you already sold one full set and plan to sell another set from the box you got in Ft. Lauderdale? Is it just to resell? Seems like overkill to me, but to each their own, I guess.
he got it for too expensive. tom brickstore is cheaper @ $130 all inclusive. :lol: anyhoo...maybe he needs more spartan? but he sold 1 sets with it...and is planning to sell the other. :lol:
grogall wrote:Well here in Munich they are getting released everywhere from small drug stores to large department stores and even some grocery stores. My bounty so far is 1 complete and sealed box €95 staff discount from a friend, one complete open set, one complete sealed set, 147 spartans as of this posting. I will be headed to Real today and see how many spartans I can scan with my iPhone. so good luck Hunting! :D :D :D
all the cheap BL sellers seem to be from germany... i really envy you guys. 147??? how about some pics of your bounty? :lol: i'm only at 30. :lol:

grogall
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by grogall » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:51 am

natelite wrote:
vynsane wrote:
all the cheap BL sellers seem to be from germany... i really envy you guys. 147??? how about some pics of your bounty? :lol: i'm only at 30. :lol:

Sorry I'm going to keep them sealed till I know what I'm going to to with them all.

at Real today I was only able to get 6 Spartans but apparently the TRU next door will get some new ones next week. :shock:

farscape1
I'm New !

Post by farscape1 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:45 pm

Just got back from TRU in West Palm Beach, FL. They had 2 full boxes. I made three complete sets (one for me, one for each of my kids). Only one other person bought one while I was there.

TRU in Boynton Beach expects them shortly.

They are now $3 each!! Not cool when they started out @ $2.

Slightly o.t., but they are still running the chrome stormtrooper promo until tomorrow (8/29).

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:01 pm

farscape1 wrote:They are now $3 each!! Not cool when they started out @ $2.
This is the reason why I'm avoiding TRU this time around and only asking around at the LEGO stores in the area (I have four at my disposal!) but I understand not everyone has that luxury, and are stuck with TRU or aftermarket, which is going to be just as expensive if not more so (except in the case of Germany, apparently, where you can wallpaper your house with CMFs2).

farscape1
I'm New !

Post by farscape1 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:35 pm

From what I've heard, TRU is the only option outside of a Lego store in the US.
Aftermarket is ridiculous.
I was told that US Wal Mart & Target declined to carry the first ones. No idea about series 2.

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by possum » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:26 pm

farscape1 wrote:From what I've heard, TRU is the only option outside of a Lego store in the US.
Aftermarket is ridiculous.
I was told that US Wal Mart & Target declined to carry the first ones. No idea about series 2.
FWIW, a LEGO store employee told me Target already had gotten series 2 earlier this week.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:26 pm

My local Walmart in North Vancouver, Canada has two-three boxes left. However, those popluar figs were all gone. I guess the store carried more than 3 boxes before my visit, coz I could see more than 14 adventurers there(I did not seriously count them but this one is the easiest to recognize based on the barcode). Hope this could help.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:12 pm

legohunter wrote:My local Walmart in North Vancouver, Canada has two-three boxes left. However, those popluar figs were all gone. I guess the store carried more than 3 boxes before my visit, coz I could see more than 14 adventurers there(I did not seriously count them but this one is the easiest to recognize based on the barcode). Hope this could help.
You can always get them from LEGOShop.com or even at ToysRUs in September. Wal-Mart just got them early. Your already well ahead of the game! ;)

kevin93
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by kevin93 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:32 pm

grogall wrote:Well here in Munich they are getting released everywhere from small drug stores to large department stores and even some grocery stores. My bounty so far is 1 complete and sealed box €95 staff discount from a friend, one complete open set, one complete sealed set, 147 spartans as of this posting. I will be headed to Real today and see how many spartans I can scan with my iPhone. so good luck Hunting! :D :D :D
Lucky Germans! We only have tru and the figures are overpriced. The demand their does not seem to be high. 147 spartans is cracy, thats 49 boxes of minifigures (UNTOUCHED)! :shock: