LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by slacker » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:06 pm

raiders wrote:just picked up a untouched case at tru tonight. My son was so excited we got 2 whole sets and several extra guys. The extras are up for sale so we can buy more star wars stormtroopers for his collection..
That's odd. You should've gotten 3 sets out of a case.

kevin93
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by kevin93 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:31 pm

slacker wrote:
raiders wrote:just picked up a untouched case at tru tonight. My son was so excited we got 2 whole sets and several extra guys. The extras are up for sale so we can buy more star wars stormtroopers for his collection..
That's odd. You should've gotten 3 sets out of a case.
That is very weird. Natelite (post below) had 4 boxes and came up with at least 3 minifigures for each. How did you get only 2 whole sets raiders?
natelite wrote:well, i just spent this morning sorting 4 boxes of these things. :lol:

i can confirm that all 4 boxes had the same contents:
spartan - 3
disco stu - 3
popstar - 3
pharaoh - 3
adventurer - 3
surfer - 3
skier - 3

vampire - 4
lifeguard - 4
witch - 4
mime - 4
mariachi - 4
weightlifter - 4

ringmaster - 5
karate master - 5
bike cop - 5

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:56 am

kevin93 wrote:
That is very weird. Natelite (post below) had 4 boxes and came up with at least 3 minifigures for each. How did you get only 2 whole sets raiders?
that's simple. it was touched. :lol:

that or he missed out reading the bar codes manually. he is only human. :lol:

raiders
I'm New !

Post by raiders » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:51 am

I just looked again and it seems the pop singer and weight lifter extras were combined in my pile. The case is just as the above case. 3 sets total.

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Lego Minifigure Series 2 available at toysrus.com

Post by possum » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:06 am

natelite wrote:a box cost eur14 to ship. and a box is 60 bags. total comes to approx $130. i don't see what the fuss is about donkey kong and minnie mouse. you aren't buying 1 or 2 bags from tru that's for sure! not including the cost of gas for your car, you reach $130 around 40 bags from TRU at $2.99 ea (take tax into consideration). :D good luck finding those spartans!
I may be spoiled. I live 10 minutes from a Lego store and, as I said elsewhere, got to hand pick through a freshly opened box on Tuesday. So I didn't need too much luck finding my spartan. I would entertain the idea of buying one box, pulling what I wanted & selling/trading the rest. Some people can't afford to drop $120 minimum on these though. And no matter your financial situation, $70 s/h (I'm estimating, didn't do the exact conversion) to get across the Atlantic is ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous in fact. Bricklink is definitely a nice resource in this hobby, but I have yet to find a Eur-Asian seller who has reasonable shipping rates to the US. Of course, if BL required you to put a s/h cost table on your page maybe I would have by now, but that's a different thread. :)
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:36 am

Checked in at the NYC store yesterday, they were unpacking a delivery but the manager said they weren't receiving any CMFs2 with that shipment. They might be getting them tomorrow. I'm thinking of checking out the Palisade's Center store today, at least calling in. Maybe they'll receive another shipment today/tomorrow?
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

imooumoo
Citizen
Citizen

Post by imooumoo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:16 am

Checked my Walmart Supercentre, a Lady working for Lego told me they had them in overstock but were waiting to put them out, maybe next week?

gbleeker
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gbleeker » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:30 am

imooumoo wrote:Checked my Walmart Supercentre, a Lady working for Lego told me they had them in overstock but were waiting to put them out, maybe next week?
Imoo,

In the US or outside?

gbleeker
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gbleeker » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:37 am

My local TRU had one case come in last week, but nothing on today's truck shipment. I'm hoping next week...

imooumoo
Citizen
Citizen

Post by imooumoo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:38 am

gbleeker wrote:
imooumoo wrote:Checked my Walmart Supercentre, a Lady working for Lego told me they had them in overstock but were waiting to put them out, maybe next week?
Imoo,

In the US or outside?
In Canada, sorry. Doesn't the US have them out already? I think the rest of the world has them in stock just not on sale, or at least it seems that way.

gbleeker
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gbleeker » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:47 am

I wouldn't say the US has them yet.. certain TRU have had them occasionally, so yes technically they are here.

However, the majority of the TRU have not received any yet. And to my knowledge, no Walmarts or any other stores have them in the US at all.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:04 pm

gbleeker wrote:However, the majority of the TRU have not received any yet. And to my knowledge, no Walmarts or any other stores have them in the US at all.
They've been spotted and purchased at the West Nyack, NY LEGO store - ask slacker! The NYC store is expecting them soon.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

gbleeker
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gbleeker » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:15 pm

Ah yes, well I meant any store other than the Lego stores.. but I didn't say that!

It is unfortunate because I am in the Midwest, nowhere near a Lego store. Chicago would be the nearest and is a 8.5 hr one-way trip. Hardly worth it for me!

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:39 pm

possum wrote:
natelite wrote:a box cost eur14 to ship. and a box is 60 bags. total comes to approx $130. i don't see what the fuss is about donkey kong and minnie mouse. you aren't buying 1 or 2 bags from tru that's for sure! not including the cost of gas for your car, you reach $130 around 40 bags from TRU at $2.99 ea (take tax into consideration). :D good luck finding those spartans!
I may be spoiled. I live 10 minutes from a Lego store and, as I said elsewhere, got to hand pick through a freshly opened box on Tuesday. So I didn't need too much luck finding my spartan. I would entertain the idea of buying one box, pulling what I wanted & selling/trading the rest. Some people can't afford to drop $120 minimum on these though. And no matter your financial situation, $70 s/h (I'm estimating, didn't do the exact conversion) to get across the Atlantic is ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous in fact. Bricklink is definitely a nice resource in this hobby, but I have yet to find a Eur-Asian seller who has reasonable shipping rates to the US. Of course, if BL required you to put a s/h cost table on your page maybe I would have by now, but that's a different thread. :)
are you from the future? since when was eur 14 = $70? maybe in 5 or 10 yrs time when US has to pay back all that debt borrowed from china... maybe. :lol: like i said, $130 including s&h is hardly "expensive". go buy from tru... if you find that expensive. :D

daiseysue
I'm New !

Post by daiseysue » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:11 pm

We just bought some at Walmart

Mrbobo15
I'm New !

Post by Mrbobo15 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:26 pm

Found one box at the Goodyear, AZ Toys R Us. They placed it on the mini Lego display near the front of the store.

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by possum » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:32 pm

natelite wrote:are you from the future? since when was eur 14 = $70? maybe in 5 or 10 yrs time when US has to pay back all that debt borrowed from china... maybe. :lol: like i said, $130 including s&h is hardly "expensive". go buy from tru... if you find that expensive. :D
My bad, I'd been looking at this store whose s/h is more expensive: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=bi ... D=18662256 Still, if I'm looking for small quantities, the local store works For Me.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:06 am

Found a box in Toledo, OH yesterday.
Picked up 7 packs. Didn't want to be greedy.
Funny thing is, I wouldn't have gone if we hadn't lost power at work.
Yay for power outages! :mrgreen:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:08 am

vynsane wrote:
gbleeker wrote:However, the majority of the TRU have not received any yet. And to my knowledge, no Walmarts or any other stores have them in the US at all.
They've been spotted and purchased at the West Nyack, NY LEGO store - ask slacker! The NYC store is expecting them soon.
They have been spotted in the Queens Lego store. They have 12 boxes in the back and slowly getting them out. 12 boxes!!!!

None in the one by the City.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:09 am

vynsane wrote:Checked in at the NYC store yesterday, they were unpacking a delivery but the manager said they weren't receiving any CMFs2 with that shipment. They might be getting them tomorrow. I'm thinking of checking out the Palisade's Center store today, at least calling in. Maybe they'll receive another shipment today/tomorrow?
stopped by during lunch yesterday. They have none. I was told shipments won't be in until monday and they don't know if they will get any.