LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
ch5412
I'm New !

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by ch5412 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:47 pm

im calling my local toys r us. because they said they get a truck in every wednesday so im calling. :lol:

Tomatoe
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Tomatoe » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:51 pm

For those in canada, call walmart every morning as they get stock everyday. I'll check Tru tommorow to see if they have any.

tikirobot
I'm New !

Post by tikirobot » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:21 pm

Checked Stockton, Ca - nothing. They said maybe Wednesday. Darn work anyway. Really upset that I missed the restock of the TRU.com last night. :cry:

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by possum » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:57 pm

Quite a day of hunting today here in Concord NC (suburb of Charlotte):
WalMart: nothing. No sales, no MFs
TRU: Nothing & they still don't know what I'm talking about.
Lego Store @ Concord Mills: About 50 MFs on the shelf. After checking the bar codes for about 5 minutes, 2 employees came up to chat (they both had seen me in there before). The employee who I see there every time I go mentioned he still had a box behind the counter for when the shelf got low. It didn't take much prodding before he brought it to me & said "go at it." Limit was 16 per person. I don't want a whole set, so I got what I and my step daughters wanted plus a few extras (those bar code lines run together after a while). They were $1.99 each. The guy I spoke to in depth mentioned that only the Orlando store & Concord Mills had them thus far. IDK how accurate that was, but he did mention that people from Virginia said Fairfax VA had none so far. Happy Hunting!
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

Everybody
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Trading Thread

Post by Everybody » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:03 pm

Do they have these online or at target?

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Re: Lego Minifigure Series 2 available at toysrus.com

Post by sidersdd » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:46 am

TRU.com on-line price is now moved up to $2.99. Currently listed as out of stock.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:33 am

sidersdd wrote:TRU.com on-line price is now moved up to $2.99. Currently listed as out of stock.
And in the meantime BL is listing it for $1.88. I don't know why people don't take advantage of the cheaper price there. Very strange. :D

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:26 am

natelite wrote:
sidersdd wrote:TRU.com on-line price is now moved up to $2.99. Currently listed as out of stock.
And in the meantime BL is listing it for $1.88. I don't know why people don't take advantage of the cheaper price there. Very strange. :D
Were it a sealed case...I'd take that deal. But I'd rather not get a bunch of traffic cops, weight lifters, and adventurers

gbleeker
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gbleeker » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:52 am

natelite wrote:
Nat,

I don't see that price anywhere on BL. Let alone, in North America.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:26 am

NIGELTTF wrote: Were it a sealed case...I'd take that deal. But I'd rather not get a bunch of traffic cops, weight lifters, and adventurers
gbleeker wrote:
natelite wrote:
Nat,

open your eyes? :D

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=8684-1

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?sID= ... D=18732176

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:32 am

Finished my sets yesterday. I didn't get a set the first time I went to the Lego Store. Second time around they had what I needed. I went through two boxes and was getting worried that I would not be able to get the last figure which was Pharaoh. The employees there are very nice about letting you get what you want. I even helped out a few parents that wanted something for their kids.

gbleeker
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gbleeker » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:51 am

Blah, you gotta be kidding me Nat. Compare apples to apples, please. These are for at min, 60 per lot. There are NO minifigures at $1.88 each at whatever amount I want to purchase. Heck, one of those lots are a min 360 piece buy. Laughable.

Comparing $2.99 from TRU vs. $1.88 is about as fair as comparing $3.50 for a bag of coffee at walmart vs $0.99 for the same 1lb bag (except I fail to mention that you have to buy 200 lbs to get that price).

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by possum » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:55 am

gbleeker wrote:
Blah, you gotta be kidding me Nat. Compare apples to apples, please. These are for at min, 60 per lot. There are NO minifigures at $1.88 each at whatever amount I want to purchase. Heck, one of those lots are a min 360 piece buy. Laughable.

Comparing $2.99 from TRU vs. $1.88 is about as fair as comparing $3.50 for a bag of coffee at walmart vs $0.99 for the same 1lb bag (except I fail to mention that you have to buy 200 lbs to get that price).
You forgot the $70 donkey ride that coffee has to take to get to the US.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

gbleeker
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gbleeker » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:16 am

Lol, I did indeed Possum. I would think I'd get a discount on Donkey shipping though?

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:05 am

a box cost eur14 to ship. and a box is 60 bags. total comes to approx $130. i don't see what the fuss is about donkey kong and minnie mouse. you aren't buying 1 or 2 bags from tru that's for sure! not including the cost of gas for your car, you reach $130 around 40 bags from TRU at $2.99 ea (take tax into consideration). :D good luck finding those spartans!

beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by beethead » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:10 am

possum wrote:
gbleeker wrote:

You forgot the $70 donkey ride that coffee has to take to get to the US.
Just for the record I ordered from that BrickLink store yesterday and I have a tracking number already. If it all works out, the cost of buying a complete box of 60 would be approximately $2.35 CDN per minifig after factoring in shipping costs. Listing says the box is sealed and the seller has an excellent record. Should arrive in 5-7 business days for international shipping from Germany. For me this is a great deal because minifigs go for around $3.00+tax here in Canada. My cost will be less than the store price even if I have to pay taxes for the parcel which I'm crossing my fingers Canada Post will not collect. :)

I'll keep you guys posted but by the time it arrives I'm sure this deal will be gone.

gbleeker
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gbleeker » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:17 am

I'm definitely not denying the fact that it is cheaper, but buying in bulk is just that. I'm not interested in 60, or 360. I want a set of 16 and whatever it takes to get that. It is not in my best interest to buy 60 of them for $2.30 versus just buying a few at $3 each.

mhornet
I'm New !

Post by mhornet » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:06 pm

gbleeker wrote:
natelite wrote:
Nat,

open your eyes? :D

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=8684-1

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?sID= ... D=18732176[/quote]

I bought a box from this seller, thanks natelite! Shipping took about a week to the US. Wish I would have waited a week as it would have been $10 cheaper. Oh well, I still got my box for $2.49 per figure, which is the same I paid at TRU for series 1 and I dont have to drive all around.

Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:35 pm

We've got more Canada LEGO news on the popular LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2! Wal-Mart will once again get the bigger share of the series 2 minifigures compared to ToysRUs. There are no sightings of the minifigures yet at ToysRUs, Chapters or Mastermindtoys. However, they should receive them very soon.

Wal-Mart
  • Each Wal-Mart store will get around 4-12 cases. Shipments arrives overnight and they do not know whats inside.
  • Most Wal-Marts opens at 7 A.M. Stockup occurs in the mornings. However, note that not all of their shipments are LEGO.
  • The amount of cases each store will get depends on the size (i.e. Wal-Mart Supercentres will receive a smaller shipment compared to regular Wal-Marts).
ToysRUs
  • Each ToysRUs store will get around 2-6 cases. Shipments usually arrives every Tuesday and Thursday.
These minifigures are part of a special order and are all ordered from the company's headquarters. The company then distributes the stock evenly with their stores. Like series 1, once all of the cases have arrived, they will not receive any additional stock.

Missing figures to complete your set? You can always trade it in our Buy/Sell/Trade forum! Don't forget to vote for your favourite LEGO Collectable Minifigure over here.

Permalink: http://toysnbricks.com/blog/can-lego-mi ... more-news/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

raiders
I'm New !

Post by raiders » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:48 pm

just picked up a untouched case at tru tonight. My son was so excited we got 2 whole sets and several extra guys. The extras are up for sale so we can buy more star wars stormtroopers for his collection..