Availablity Update for LEGO Ideas Exo-Suit & Research Institute

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
pstaro
I'm New !

#21109 LEGO Exo-Suit Giveaway & Availability Update

Post by pstaro » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:56 am

I can verify that the Vaughn LEGO Discovery Centre does carry the Lego Exo-Suit. As of this morning (Sunday August 10, 2014 at 11:30am) they had eight boxes of this hard to find limited edition set. I picked up three boxes (1 for myself and the other 2 for my friends).

Hopefully those interested and lives in the area can quickly go pick them up.

Good Luck!

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Availablity Update for LEGO Ideas Exo-Suit & Research In

Post by SpaceViking » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:56 pm

brothers-brick.com is reporting that the Exo Suit is *not* a limited run. So, if you're patient, there should be more available soon.
http://www.brothers-brick.com/2014/08/0 ... -run-news/

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:07 am

SpaceViking wrote:brothers-brick.com is reporting that the Exo Suit is *not* a limited run. So, if you're patient, there should be more available soon.
That is good news.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:05 am

I still hope no one thought I was trying to incite panic when I reposted Mark Stafford's comments about there only being "one production run" etc. in my review. I tried to temper any doomsaying with the fact that there were no real facts and also that the oft-quoted 10,000 number was simply applied misinformation.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:23 am

vynsane wrote:I still hope no one thought I was trying to incite panic when I reposted Mark Stafford's comments about there only being "one production run" etc. in my review. I tried to temper any doomsaying with the fact that there were no real facts and also that the oft-quoted 10,000 number was simply applied misinformation.
Nah. I think we all panicked when it showed up as "sold out" on the Lego website.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:09 pm

vynsane wrote:I still hope no one thought I was trying to incite panic when I reposted Mark Stafford's comments about there only being "one production run" etc. in my review. I tried to temper any doomsaying with the fact that there were no real facts and also that the oft-quoted 10,000 number was simply applied misinformation.
No not at all. You were simply trying to pass on info. I recently made a mistake by assuming that LEGO Galaxy Squad was retiring because suddenly EVERY set was clearance priced at LEGO shop at home. They were restocked I guess and are hanging around just a little while longer (maybe). I too felt bad and worried that people would think I did it intentionally but I truly thought that they were being retired (and who doesn't love clearance prices).

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:30 pm

Went to my "local" LEGO store (about an hour away) to see if they had the Research Institute. Apparently they got a small shipment yesterday and sold out (10, maybe). But then said, "well they are available online, right now". Of course, by the time I got to my computer...sold out again.

Guess it wasn't meant to be.

Interestingly, lots of Ghostbusters in the world- even at Toys R Us. Thought those would be MIA as well.

Oh...and The South Shore Lego Store had 2 Architecture Studio sets, which I haven't seen in the States in a year.

david

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:44 pm

dho7622u wrote:Oh...and The South Shore Lego Store had 2 Architecture Studio sets, which I haven't seen in the States in a year.
Yeah, that saw a re-release recently, coinciding with the release in Europe/GB. It's also increased in price by $10 to $159.99 instead of $149.99.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Interestingly, I think it was 149.99 in store- vs the 159.99 on line. Maybe I am wrong...I was a little distracted by walking out of a LEGO store empty handed (first time in 4 years).

david

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:34 pm

21110 - Research Institute update:

My local store, Lego Yorkdale Mall (Toronto, Canada) got a shipment today. I had my name on the waiting list and got a call today to come pick it up by end of day tomorrow latest. Apparently the whole lot went to the people on the list, none were put on the floor. Maybe call Thursday morning to see if anyone failed to pick up their on-hold set.

Best of luck.

vorpalblade
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by vorpalblade » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:09 pm

Nice that your store offered to do a waiting list, I asked at mine, but they only told us to call when they opened today, and all of the few they received were sold to people that were there when the door opened.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:20 am

dho7622u wrote:Interestingly, I think it was 149.99 in store- vs the 159.99 on line.
Maybe it's possible they have old signs? I know I saw $159.99 at the Danbury, CT store.

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:02 am

vorpalblade wrote:Nice that your store offered to do a waiting list, I asked at mine, but they only told us to call when they opened today, and all of the few they received were sold to people that were there when the door opened.
Agreed! Generally the two Lego Stores in the Toronto that I frequent (Yorkdale & Fairview) both have fantastic service and do wait lists for hot units. I also support them by often buying sets from them instead of third party distributors and always fill out the feedback survey.

The monthly mini-builds are also very well managed and fairly easy to get in and out of.

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:27 am

Well my son and I went to LEGOLAND FL Mon-Tues and we had a great time.

Monday, I walked into the park the first thing I did was check the Big Store.
Right there behind the counter 2 Exo-Suit. No long lines, ask the employee for the set:
She: "One or two?"
Me: Both please.
She: "You are in luck these are my last two"
Me: Oh! thank you, we are going to have a blast building them. (for him when he is a little older and can manage the techniques)

With the 10% annual pass discount the rest of the day was as pleasant as how it started. :-D

P.S. Double check the rest of the stores and indeed no Exo-Suit on either day.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:27 pm

MrVEP wrote:Well my son and I went to LEGOLAND FL Mon-Tues and we had a great time.

Monday, I walked into the park the first thing I did was check the Big Store.
Right there behind the counter 2 Exo-Suit. No long lines, ask the employee for the set:
She: "One or two?"
Me: Both please.
She: "You are in luck these are my last two"
Me: Oh! thank you, we are going to have a blast building them. (for him when he is a little older and can manage the techniques)

With the 10% annual pass discount the rest of the day was as pleasant as how it started. :-D

P.S. Double check the rest of the stores and indeed no Exo-Suit on either day.
Nice! That is an excellent day!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:12 am

I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:19 am

So, according to the post, both Exo-Suit and Research Institute production runs are being extended and should both be considered back-ordered, even though RI still states "Sold Out" as opposed to "Temporarily out of stock" as is the case with Exo-Suit. They should really change that.

Cool that they're actually acknowledging and addressing the issue!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:23 am

vynsane wrote: Cool that they're actually acknowledging and addressing the issue!
I thought so too.
Gives hope to those who missed out on them.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

stevenli
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by stevenli » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:00 am

Question is WHEN it'll be coming back. Also would like to see Rover make a comeback. Missed that one :(

Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Ideas 21109 Exo Suit & 21110 Research Institute will be coming back!

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:43 pm

The LEGO Ideas Blog has confirmed that while both 21109 Exo-Suit and 21110 Research Institute are sold out at the moment, they will be getting more in. If you are wondering why they are not taking more backorders, the reason is most likely because the next batch of sets being produced have all been ordered by the "backorders" already. So fear not! The two new LEGO Ideas sets will be available again in the future once they have caught up with the demand.
On August 1st, LEGO Ideas launched two sets: #21109 Exo Suit and #21110 Research Institute. Currently, both sets have sold through their initial stock and are back-ordered. This means that more sets are on the way, so we hope you will be able to secure these and other special sets from LEGO Ideas.

Thanks to ncbarrett for the heads up!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-ideas-21109 ... ming-back/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!