Availablity Update for LEGO Ideas Exo-Suit & Research Institute

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Availablity Update for LEGO Ideas Exo-Suit & Research In

Post by vynsane » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:34 am

I've posted a response to the Ideas blog entry imploring them to give us more concrete information on the fate of Research Institute. We'll see what happens.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:27 pm

Thank you - please do keep us posted! I was one of the silly people thinking I could pick up the RI set whenever I next made a trip the the local LEGO store. How silly of me, right? :\

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:06 pm

Finally, my exosuit ordered at s@h on August 6th shipped :)

sterlingice
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sterlingice » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:02 am

Same. My Exosuit ordered on the 5th has shipped. My Research Institute is still on backorder

poniemomo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by poniemomo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:57 pm

Looks like Exo suit is back in stock at Amazon with a ship date of Aug 27th.

poniemomo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by poniemomo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:44 pm

and they are gone, that was quick.

darbee
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by darbee » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:03 pm

Saw 1 Exo suit set at TRU in Richmond, BC today, not sure how long it will last there...

gumby
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gumby » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:16 am

darbee wrote:Saw 1 Exo suit set at TRU in Richmond, BC today, not sure how long it will last there...
I actually picked it up, walked a few steps towards the cashier, but changed my mind and put it back. :-)

darbee
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by darbee » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:44 am

gumby wrote:
darbee wrote:Saw 1 Exo suit set at TRU in Richmond, BC today, not sure how long it will last there...
I actually picked it up, walked a few steps towards the cashier, but changed my mind and put it back. :-)

Lol that's exactly what I did too :lol:

omalak
Citizen
Citizen

Post by omalak » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:30 am

FYI Lego store employee at Fairview Mall in Toronto told me yesterday that they do expect a shipment of exo-suits to come in, just not sure when.

As far as the research institute goes, he stated it will no longer be available online through S@H, but they do expect stock in the store, again not sure when or how many.

So if you still need a research lab your best bet might be to continue to check your local Lego store.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:35 pm

omalak wrote:FYI Lego store employee at Fairview Mall in Toronto told me yesterday that they do expect a shipment of exo-suits to come in, just not sure when.

As far as the research institute goes, he stated it will no longer be available online through S@H, but they do expect stock in the store, again not sure when or how many.

So if you still need a research lab your best bet might be to continue to check your local Lego store.
Yup, same in the U.S., I noticed this posted on the US lego website when you select the "Research Institute"

"We apologize, but this item is no longer available on shop.LEGO.com. Limited quantities may be available in LEGO Stores."

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Research-Institute-21110?

vorpalblade
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by vorpalblade » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:51 pm

Was this new information in the last week? I spoke to a store manager about 10 days ago and they still referred me to online.

Kainzzo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Kainzzo » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:27 pm

I managed to see it on Amazon for the $34.95 yesterday sold/fulfilled by Amazon. I had been checking back everyday and only found it $52+ from resellers. It seems when Amazon gets a supply in they list it for retail, but get cleared out pretty quickly. I happily got confirmation of shipment today.

It seems these sets exceed demand every time. They are interesting to almost every demographic and usefull for school, ect. I really hope LG increases production for at least another run. I would really like to get the Research Institute also.

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:05 am

I wonder if they'll have either of these sets at the Lego store at Downtown Disney tomorrow.
*Shakes Magic 8 ball..."Outlook not so good"*

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:04 am

Why would LEGO have in stock their popular exclusive sets leading into the Christmas season? That would only make too much sense.

SSchmidt
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by SSchmidt » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:43 pm

Incredibly disappointing for those who live far away from a LEGO store.

vorpalblade
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by vorpalblade » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:49 pm

It does just seem like a huge PR blunder they walked into. that would not have been that difficult to avoid.

pbb99
Knight
Knight

Post by pbb99 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:07 pm

yeah, given all the news coverage about the Research Institute, seems silly to make it something that pretty much no one could get. I wanted to get sets for my nieces, gf, etc but didn't get any. Because the Lego Ideas blog mentioned producing more in October I'm still hoping that happens, despite it looking bleak based on what the Lego online store is indicating.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:38 pm

pbb99 wrote:yeah, given all the news coverage about the Research Institute, seems silly to make it something that pretty much no one could get. I wanted to get sets for my nieces, gf, etc but didn't get any. Because the Lego Ideas blog mentioned producing more in October I'm still hoping that happens, despite it looking bleak based on what the Lego online store is indicating.
If I was running the marketing department, potential of any new unlicensed set is a huge question mark. Instead of sitting on overstock which might go nowhere and eventually being blown out, I would rather suggest what they did, make less, and test the water. If it fail, great, as expected, but being a success in this case, great also, will either produce more of the same set, or simply take note for future releases. Also as they always advertise at their stores, they are selling 5 sets average around the world a min, losing sales on this small production set is not going to hurt them. Lego know that most of us will still buy Lego no matter what. BUT if they constantly pull stunts like this, THEN they will start feeling the wrath.

vorpalblade
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by vorpalblade » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:05 pm

dulait wrote:If I was running the marketing department, potential of any new unlicensed set is a huge question mark. Instead of sitting on overstock which might go nowhere and eventually being blown out, I would rather suggest what they did, make less, and test the water. If it fail, great, as expected, but being a success in this case, great also, will either produce more of the same set, or simply take note for future releases. Also as they always advertise at their stores, they are selling 5 sets average around the world a min, losing sales on this small production set is not going to hurt them. Lego know that most of us will still buy Lego no matter what. BUT if they constantly pull stunts like this, THEN they will start feeling the wrath.
I agree with you overall, but this Research Institute set brings into play an outside force in the press and gender politics that have become the story. If it was a normal set, this would blow over much sooner than I believe it will in the case of the Research Institute.