Availablity Update for LEGO Ideas Exo-Suit & Research Institute

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
pbb99
Knight
Knight

Re: Availablity Update for LEGO Ideas Exo-Suit & Research In

Post by pbb99 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:02 pm

sold out before I could complete my order.

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:04 pm

Update: Just got my box from TRU and sure enough, 3 Exo Suits were in there! I can't believe my order wasn't cancelled and I was lucky enough to get 3 for $10 cheaper than at Lego.com. :)

Still looking for the Research Institute.

wyldjedi
Citizen
Citizen

Post by wyldjedi » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:10 pm

I am really ticked off. I made 2 separate orders for 2 exosuits each right when they went online. My order came in Tuesday and one of the boxes came with 2 Hero Factory sets instead of the Exo's. So I had to RMA them and now I wait for them to get back to HQ for them to mark as returned, and then wait again for the Exo's to restock and hope I manage to get them. Whenever that may be.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:02 pm

My 2 backordered exosuits I ordered on Aug 1 shipped today.
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

omalak
Citizen
Citizen

Post by omalak » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:53 pm

Placed an order on release night with lego.

Package arrived today got a research Institute for my wife to build and an exo suit for me.

I really wish they would improve the quality of boxes on the ideas sets. The BTTF set had a great box.

I really hope lego has more stock.

I'm not sure the issue is that Lego should make more but people really need to stop hoarding sets.

BBM
I'm New !

Post by BBM » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:22 pm

Lego Discover Center in Vaughan Mills has about 30 exo suit, but no RI.

sunnybricks
I'm New !

Post by sunnybricks » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:37 pm

Both sets are still available, albeit on backorder, at S@H in the Netherlands. I just placed my order.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:14 pm

I was very concerned about my order because to the best of my knowledge I NEVER received my order confirmation email or any shipping confirmation as of August 6th. My order of 2x Exo-suit (son decided he wanted one... glad I was able to get 2) arrived today and I also received an email from LEGO today
Thank you for your recent order: order#.

We apologize that due to a technical error with our email system between July 31 and August 6, you may not have received an order status, or shipping confirmation email regarding your order. If you have not received your order, you may check the status by visiting our Order Status Page.

Here is some additional information on what your order status means: Your order will show a status of "Customer Service" during the review process and we will contact you only if there are any problems, in which case the status would change to "Please Contact Customer Service." If your status is "In Process," then your order has been reviewed and is ready for shipping. Once your order is "In Process," we cannot make any changes to the order. When your order ships, the status will change to "Shipped" and a tracking number will made available.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for being a valued LEGO® shopper.
I'm posting in case anyone else has placed an order and didn't receive order confirmations or shipping updates. Hang in there. My VIP points were updated about a day ago which did reassure me somewhat that order was being shipped. My order arrived in a smaller box than I expected (fits 2x Exo-suit packages very nicely) and was well packaged. Say what you will about LEGO S@H I've had much better luck with their packing orders for shipment than ToysRus, Target and Wal-mart. I've had some horrible packaging jobs from ToysRus (packaged arriving in very bad condition).

I'm disappointed (in myself) for not noticing that the mini car poly was available to ALL orders of $100. For some reason I thought it was only available to those that order the larger Mini Cooper set. With the pick a brick order of parts that my son needed my order was sooo close to $100. I would definitely have added something else to my cart for it. At least it wasn't something that I simply had to have (still I love "free" items).

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:09 am

I stopped by my local Lego store last night. They were out of Exo-Suit sets. I was told to call back Monday morning, when their shipment gets in, and see if they could hold one for me.

MrMonsieurGreen
I'm New !

Post by MrMonsieurGreen » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:47 am

Mantisking wrote:I stopped by my local Lego store last night. They were out of Exo-Suit sets. I was told to call back Monday morning, when their shipment gets in, and see if they could hold one for me.
I did the same, only they said that they are no longer allowing reservations for sets.

vorpalblade
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by vorpalblade » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:32 am

Mantisking wrote:I stopped by my local Lego store last night. They were out of Exo-Suit sets. I was told to call back Monday morning, when their shipment gets in, and see if they could hold one for me.
I was given the same suggestion to call in on Monday morning, but my store only anticipated Research Institute's and did not know if they would be receiving any Exo-Suit's.

alexb54
Citizen
Citizen

Post by alexb54 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:56 am

I didn't realize these were released already so I just called my wife who happened to be in the mall and asked her to check in the Lego store for Research Institute. She just called back and they had ONE left behind the counter!! It's our wedding anniversary on Sunday so I will be receiving this awesome gift from her. :up:

dqfritzke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by dqfritzke » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:43 pm

TRU.com has the Exo listed for $24.99 - has anyone bought it for that price? Why then is it $45 in Canada?

MrMonsieurGreen
I'm New !

Post by MrMonsieurGreen » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:50 pm

dqfritzke wrote:TRU.com has the Exo listed for $24.99 - has anyone bought it for that price? Why then is it $45 in Canada?
Because it's toys r us. No one knows about them.

stevenli
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by stevenli » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:15 pm

dqfritzke wrote:TRU.com has the Exo listed for $24.99 - has anyone bought it for that price? Why then is it $45 in Canada?
You can list anything for any price. Doesn't matter if you never stocked it. :(

Surprised at the price though. You'd think TRU would have it at $49.99 :crazy:

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:57 pm

I got my Research Institute already delivered but the Exo is still in backordered even though when I placed the order for both on day 1 it showed available.

If you still want the Research Institute you can try calling around at the Lego Stores, my local one here in Canada had two but both were on hold till the end of the day, so they asked me to call again tomorrow morning to see if folks picked them up or not.

Good luck all.

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:20 pm

Hey, TRU did stock it - I got my 3 copies for that price from their website. They arrived yesterday, perfectly packaged.

warhev
I'm New !

Post by warhev » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:04 pm

Just a quick follow to anyone who read my original post. According to Amazon, they shipped my two Exo suits the next morning - there was no delay. Will let you know when I get them, if anyone cares to know.
Also, funny how there is now an actual forum topic about Amazon having them in stock 2 days after I post it in here, but no credit to me. *sigh* still in invisible mode! I guess...

warhev
I'm New !

#21109 LEGO Exo-Suit Giveaway & Availability Update

Post by warhev » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:05 pm

Although I wish I could be entered in the drawing, I am glad you are limiting it to people who don't have it already. As someone on another site mentioned, it'd be nice if the people who support projects on the Ideas website get first crack at them if they are produced! I just got lucky & happened to be on Amazon when they went live (via Amazon itself, anyways).
Thank you so much for crediting me with the Amazon find! My goal was to let people here know ASAP so they could get the Exo-suit, before the flippers bought all the Amazon stock. Good luck to you all!

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:02 am

Exo suit (though still not available) at TRU is now at 39.99, up from the original price of 29.99.

It is like EBAY over there!

david