New Pick-A-Brick Wall Elements in-store

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Legoman83
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: New Pick-A-Brick Wall Elements in-store

Post by Legoman83 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:19 am

The Lego store I go to in Toronto had horses for a week and then they were gone lol. But the store manager said they will be getting more in since they are really popular. I managed to fit I think 16 in a cup and then abunch of small 1x1 round tiles to fill in the empty space. As for the stairs take two and stack them with the backs toward each other, I managed to fit alot into one cup and then again tossed in a bunch of small pieces to fill in the cracks. They also have a bunch of wheels and palm trees at the Lego store at Sherway mall!

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:54 am

Legoman83 wrote:The Lego store I go to in Toronto had horses for a week and then they were gone lol. But the store manager said they will be getting more in since they are really popular. I managed to fit I think 16 in a cup and then abunch of small 1x1 round tiles to fill in the empty space. As for the stairs take two and stack them with the backs toward each other, I managed to fit alot into one cup and then again tossed in a bunch of small pieces to fill in the cracks. They also have a bunch of wheels and palm trees at the Lego store at Sherway mall!
I planned to get palm tree leaves when I was there last but forgot. I think they had several different styles of leaves at Cincinatti OH store

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:19 pm

vynsane wrote:My question is... what are you all doing with/planning for these horses???
It could be used to build "word". :lol:no

http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewt ... 161#p81338

I also needed those horses for my castle army to ride on. These white horses were acquired from local lego store 2 years ago in summer, I could only mange 20 horses in the cup though. The store associates told me the best record was 23 horses in the cup.

JustBrickin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by JustBrickin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:51 am

I got some 1x1 clear plates at PaB in Topanga, CA:

Here's what I got overall:

And:

...which total to 1742 pieces in a big PaB cup.
Building LEGOs, one piece at a time...

My Flickr

Legoman83
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Legoman83 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:16 pm

That's a nice cup of parts! I use the 1x1 clear pieces to build windows for my city, stacked 8 high they turned out great.

JustBrickin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by JustBrickin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:57 pm

Thanks. I was hesitant to buy but the moment I saw those clear, I just had to get it!
Building LEGOs, one piece at a time...

My Flickr

Brickdiction
I'm New !

Post by Brickdiction » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:58 pm

I fit 21 horses and probably 2/3 of a cup of translucent blue gems fairly easily. 23 horses is insane!

Legoman83
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Legoman83 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:23 am

That's crazy!!! Good for you though! You can never have enough horses!!! Haha

Katra
I'm New !

Post by Katra » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:29 pm

Has anyone else noticed a bin of mixed miscellaneous parts on a pick a brick wall? The Tigard OR store has had one the last two times I've been up there.

Ben
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Ben » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:56 pm

Calgary has had one for quite a while (over a year I would guess). They refer to it as the "spice" bin. The really good stuff like minifig parts mostly gets sorted out before it goes on the wall, though I have found some accessories in it on occasion. Otherwise it seems to be a mixture of damaged and/or dismantled display sets along with lots of stuff out of the other bins on the wall.