Brick Show posts upcoming retired sets. (video inside)

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
vexxet
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Brick Show posts upcoming retired sets. (video inside)

Post by vexxet » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:18 am

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Brick Show posts upcoming retired sets. (video inside)

Post by zztoy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:47 pm

GE will be around for some time, wouldn't panic.

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:39 am

He says that he got the info about retiring sets from Lego store employees. What the hell? %90 of Lego store employees know less than me ( in their defense I know a lot about Lego). They really are clueless, half of them are idiots and half just don't know, it's not like a Lego factory calls them to say that they are retiring this or that set-so they have no way of knowing- they just assume because set is old etc...bottom line is that store employees do NOT have legitimate info- don't call 1-800 Lego number for info either because it's the same story: they don't know. I had Lego employees tell me before that grand emporium will retire first (before fire brigade), I had them telling me that cuusoo rover will be produced till end of this year, same day another one said that it's out of production. Those are just couple exames to back up my theory: they don't know, I learned that over and over again through the years.

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Wonder why the need for the video to tell us this. I agree. Allows lego to produce another production run and dump to the resellers. Good, bad? Who knows anymore.