Simpsons Minifigures @ TRU

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Simpsons Minifigures @ TRU

Post by zztoy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:54 pm

I found, of the bunch I purchased at Target, there were three different distinct serial numbers at the bottom of all the ones I purchased. I compared two of the same figures and found the bump codes where different for the same figure when there was different serial numbers. So if you are going to determine by bump codes, need to stay within the serial number on pack. But it is not an exact science either as you read further.

Next, once I had all these sorted, I had enough for two sets. Both my sons and I went through and on two occasions found the same bump codes with same serial number, but different figure :crazy: , however, they were able to get all 16 and only two packs were opened duplicated. I was in disbelief when the bump codes matched and the figures in some were of one, and some of the another, but no more than two different figures. Maybe my eyes were failing me, but it didn't appear I could see any differences from the front or back of foil.

I just don't understand why Lego makes this so difficult other than monetary gain. I spent over an hour sorting and making a chart to speed up the sort against one of the serial numbers. I found there were two figures that were very close with the bump codes, but not until I couldn't locate the 16th, I looked at the biggest pile of dupes, and found some in the pile had a hard to find bump code that distinguished it. Can't imagine anyone doing this in the store! It might be easier buying the whole set on ebay if your free time is limited.

I would imagine, Lego will eventually remove any ways to determine, I remember series 2 was just dealing with UPC codes, which seemed difficult at the time.

Hope this helps anyone save some time...

stevebuscemi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by stevebuscemi » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:00 pm

Maybe the point is for this to be a mystery and that some kid has the chance of getting a rare item. Now some poor honest person buys a pack and get a low chance of getting a rare figure because everyone sorts through them.

lol at you wanting sympathy for not making it easier. If you want a set, buy a box and then resell what you don't want.

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:17 pm

Nah..laugh all you want, I'm not interesting in throwing green around and such a waste to have duplicates of something.

stevebuscemi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by stevebuscemi » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:51 pm

So you like stealing the rare figures that are meant to be rare?

Good job stealing a rare figure from some kid who is honest about it.

You don't like getting duplicates? Imagine the person that buys 20, 30, 40 of these only to find that it has NO rare figs in it because you picked them over. Congrats on saving money at the cost of costing honest people money.

Shannon510
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Shannon510 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:22 am

I think to say spending the time to pick through and sort figures in the store is dishonest is a bit of a stretch. I also don't like wasting money buying duplicates.

It is not as you need anything but some time and patience to do it yourself. No one has some freak mutant ability that makes the ability to feel lego figures unique to only them. I don't think anyone is stealing or cheating anyone out of anything.

Heartbreak7
I'm New !

Post by Heartbreak7 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:56 am

What rare figures? :roll:

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:46 pm

stevebuscemi wrote:So you like stealing the rare figures that are meant to be rare?

Good job stealing a rare figure from some kid who is honest about it.

You don't like getting duplicates? Imagine the person that buys 20, 30, 40 of these only to find that it has NO rare figs in it because you picked them over. Congrats on saving money at the cost of costing honest people money.
Your comments are the most IGNORANT Ive seen on this board so far, think before you speak.

sketchman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by sketchman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:45 am

My boys use the "feel" method to find desired figures, but not because of rarity or aftermarket value, but rather because of them wanting a certain figure. I really don't see anything wrong with that.

Claybricks
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Claybricks » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:55 pm

Shannon510 wrote:I think to say spending the time to pick through and sort figures in the store is dishonest is a bit of a stretch. I also don't like wasting money buying duplicates.

It is not as you need anything but some time and patience to do it yourself. No one has some freak mutant ability that makes the ability to feel lego figures unique to only them. I don't think anyone is stealing or cheating anyone out of anything.
It's only stealing if you don't pay for them.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:30 am

The employees will feel up the packs for kids at the lego store. I've felt them up since series 1. I think it's safe to say most people who post on this board have helped themselves and kids who walk up find the figure they need in a store using the feel method. Anyone buying 20 - 40 figs would probably go through the effort to pick a case that hasn't been opened yet and/or have the brains to look and see if the case has been gone through or not :roll:

sterlingice
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sterlingice » Sun May 04, 2014 7:12 am

TRU has them online for $3.99 so I bought one at my local store. I went up to see how many they had and they had most of a box so I tried to get most of the set before I ran out of time. Unpleasantly surprised that in store they rang up at 4.49. Oh, TRU *sigh*

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Sun May 04, 2014 9:21 am

sterlingice wrote:TRU has them online for $3.99 so I bought one at my local store. I went up to see how many they had and they had most of a box so I tried to get most of the set before I ran out of time. Unpleasantly surprised that in store they rang up at 4.49. Oh, TRU *sigh*
Have them price match it.

breal1
I'm New !

Post by breal1 » Sun May 03, 2015 8:51 pm

Is anyone against posting bump codes from the new Simpsons Minifigs?

I dont' really understand all of the debate about using the bump codes or feeling the packs. The only rare figure that I've ever seen in recent years is the Mr. Gold figure. If Lego wanted to make them blind packs, they would have spent more on boxing the figures up so you couldn't feel them.

winbrant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by winbrant » Tue May 05, 2015 5:09 am

Bump codes are specific to a lot #, of which are stamped on the bottom of the box and bottom lip of the bag.
Some bump codes are re-used between different lots.
Bump codes are not always precise when applied when a bag is sealed and cut...sometimes they are higher or lower for the same minifig. Some are more defined. And almost appears there are 3 "types" of bumps.

I usually buy a box (for myself and to share with others (nephews, nieces, etc.). And once I identify by feel what is inside I can use that bump code to find the others...but, again, sometimes it's easier just to feel to find and definitely to confirm.

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Tue May 05, 2015 6:21 am

Lego doesn't want to make it easy using a second bar code or obvious bump codes but doesn't want to make it impossible either.