Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:20 pm
Location: Poconos, PA

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by Mrbill317 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:09 pm

I had to pull the trigger and just did an ebay BIN for 14.50. I don't want to wait for 20-30 bucks he will reach.
I made the same mistake with Western Emmett.

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:52 am
Location: United States

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by grymg » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:41 pm

Now I know why people said this month's promo is better than 2x VIP, resale value is looking pretty good. .
Last edited by grymg on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: NJ

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by SEK527 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:28 pm

I put an order on 3/6 for Palpatine's Arrest & pick-a-brick stuff. The martian arrived yesterday, but I was more excited over the LEGO Movie cardboard picture that is different depending on the angle you look at it. Two days later I realized I needed more PAB parts so I took advantage of some sale items for gifts. Another martian will land here soon. I hope I get another LEGO movie thingie!

User avatar
StClair
Count
Count
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:25 pm
Location: KY (US)
Contact:

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by StClair » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:07 pm

SEK527 wrote:I put an order on 3/6 for Palpatine's Arrest & pick-a-brick stuff. The martian arrived yesterday, but I was more excited over the LEGO Movie cardboard picture that is different depending on the angle you look at it. Two days later I realized I needed more PAB parts so I took advantage of some sale items for gifts. Another martian will land here soon. I hope I get another LEGO movie thingie!
I placed 1 order in late Feb and received the LEGO movie hologram "thingie". I placed 2 more in early March and received 2 more so you'll probably get another :-D

I was considering placing one more order this month for one more Martian Manhunter... just one more. I have one for myself, one for my son and the other would have been great for trading. Like others I'm glad that we have him. I love the superhero minifigures (the well done ones) and Martian Manhunter was always one of my favorite Justice League members. A Hawkgirl would be great.

adarkpassenger
I'm New !
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:40 am
Location: las vegas

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by adarkpassenger » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:05 pm

This is just an opinion...but if you are one of the people who complained their way into getting a second, or a third, just because they made a large order, thus taking it out of the hands of one of the many adults and children who have been waiting for it....you shouldn't comment about it. Be happy and keep it to your self. You are only making Lego look bad for violating their own policy as well as publicly displaying the fact that you are opportunistic. You may think this is me being sour because I didn't get one... I placed my order at Midnight on March 1st and got mine just fine. My ONE allotted figure PER HOUSEHOLD.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:53 pm
Location: Far Far Away

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by dulait » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:18 pm

StClair wrote:
SEK527 wrote:A Hawkgirl would be great.
Can be done with all the Chima pieces they currently have, just need a new paint job.

User avatar
The-Daryl
Knight
Knight
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:01 am
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by The-Daryl » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:24 pm

adarkpassenger wrote:...My ONE allotted figure PER HOUSEHOLD.
That would be great if Shop@Home actually enforced that. They don't. Do you also advise people not remove those mattress tags that announce "DON'T REMOVE UNDER PENALTY OF LAW" :lol:

As for MM: It's crazy they went so fast. But since they weren't limited to SH sets just ANY purchase and so many new sets came out at the same time it sort of skews the idea of just the figure being insanely popular.

This was my first S@H order in well over a year, and it was just for the promo = I've bought plenty of LEGO in that time, but not from LEGO direct. Heck, the only way I could even feel comfortable paying full retail for $75+ of sets was to factor in how much the minifig would cost on the secondary market if I didn't grab one direct.

Now if we can just get Hawkgirl and Green Lantern!

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:08 pm
Location: USA

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by Marcus70 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:01 pm

The-Daryl wrote:
Now if we can just get Hawkgirl and Green Lantern!
With the green lantern key chain light coming out in 2014, here is to hoping for a future Green Lantern polybag. :)
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... yE7BrK9KK0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
The-Daryl
Knight
Knight
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:01 am
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by The-Daryl » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:14 am

Marcus70 wrote:
The-Daryl wrote:
Now if we can just get Hawkgirl and Green Lantern!
With the green lantern key chain light coming out in 2014, here is to hoping for a future Green Lantern polybag. :)
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... yE7BrK9KK0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ya I've seen that! Definitely makes one lean towards the direction of hopeful :)

Heck, I'm still hopeful, that this year, we'll get a super secret/surprise hard to find/retailer exclusive set (like Funhouse or Doc Ock Lab) that has Lantern in it, since it's 5 marvel, and 4 DC so far (with an Xmen and GotG over the summer!).

Then I can begin a petition for Cyborg! :ugeek:

User avatar
SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 9:04 pm
Location: Montana, USA

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by SquareSide » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:01 am

The-Daryl wrote: This was my first S@H order in well over a year, and it was just for the promo = I've bought plenty of LEGO in that time, but not from LEGO direct. Heck, the only way I could even feel comfortable paying full retail for $75+ of sets was to factor in how much the minifig would cost on the secondary market if I didn't grab one direct.
I wanted Pally's Arrest (especially at 50% off) and eventually wanted Lego City Undercover Wii U and it was $10 off so I bit getting the free shipping. MMH was a nice bonus. I knew who he was from the cartoon show which was actually pretty good. I think there is an in-between with ppl wanting the promo and ppl wanting the sets on sale/free shipping and it made the figure run out way faster than anticipated.

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:52 am
Location: United States

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by grymg » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:11 am

The May the 4th promo figure should only be for $75 min purchase of STAR WARS only right? So hopefully it should last longer.
Image

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:08 pm
Location: USA

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by Marcus70 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:19 am

For me, they didn't even mention the "one figure per household" at my store when I made my purchase. Even today, I'm reading others getting multiples at there local stores, even though they are sold out online.
Last edited by Marcus70 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

meclo
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:30 am
Location: Canada

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by meclo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:38 am

I had to run to my local Lego store to grab one yesterday after reading this. I was wondering if people actually knew who he was or if it was just timing, with the new sets being released and the Lego movie and its sets being so insanely popular. I'm thinking it's the latter...no one will turn down a free Lego minifig, even if they or their kids have no idea who he is!

Kinda seems a shame, all these kids ripping open a polybag that might hit $20-30, to play with a dude in it they don't know. But, maybe some of them will become interested in JLA!

And now of course the nerd/collector in me is wondering if I should open it or not..! :P But I probably will. Supes and WW need someone to fly with!

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:53 pm
Location: Far Far Away

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by dulait » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:09 am

grymg wrote:The May the 4th promo figure should only be for $75 min purchase of STAR WARS only right? So hopefully it should last longer.
If it is in fact the one below, it will last longer since for one, I have no interest in it.

Image

Anton
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm
Location: 204

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by Anton » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:50 am

I hope May the 4th is something different. Not really sure what/who they can put.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:30 am
Location: oregon

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by lego the hutt » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:27 am

Anton wrote:I hope May the 4th is something different. Not really sure what/who they can put.
Word is that it will be TC-4. He is ok. Not as nice as TC-14 though.

Was TC-4 in the movie? Can someone tell me what scene?

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: NJ

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by SEK527 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:03 pm

StClair wrote:
SEK527 wrote:I put an order on 3/6 for Palpatine's Arrest & pick-a-brick stuff. The martian arrived yesterday, but I was more excited over the LEGO Movie cardboard picture that is different depending on the angle you look at it. Two days later I realized I needed more PAB parts so I took advantage of some sale items for gifts. Another martian will land here soon. I hope I get another LEGO movie thingie!
I placed 1 order in late Feb and received the LEGO movie hologram "thingie". I placed 2 more in early March and received 2 more so you'll probably get another :-D

I was considering placing one more order this month for one more Martian Manhunter... just one more. I have one for myself, one for my son and the other would have been great for trading. Like others I'm glad that we have him. I love the superhero minifigures (the well done ones) and Martian Manhunter was always one of my favorite Justice League members. A Hawkgirl would be great.
You were right! Today I got a second hologram thingie. I was going to originally refer to it as a hologram, but my hubby told he that it's not a hologram, but it must be since you thought so too.

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:52 am
Location: United States

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by grymg » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:38 pm

I believe the term is "lenticular" card
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenticular_printing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I only got one, but pretty cool. There is a barcode on the back, can these be bought?
Image
Image

User avatar
SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 9:04 pm
Location: Montana, USA

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by SquareSide » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:03 pm

meclo wrote: Kinda seems a shame, all these kids ripping open a polybag that might hit $20-30, to play with a dude in it they don't know. But, maybe some of them will become interested in JLA!
Easy there "Lord Business." ;-)

Anton
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm
Location: 204

Re: Lego Martian Manhunter Mini Now Live

Post by Anton » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:57 pm

lego the hutt wrote:
Anton wrote:I hope May the 4th is something different. Not really sure what/who they can put.
Word is that it will be TC-4. He is ok. Not as nice as TC-14 though.

Was TC-4 in the movie? Can someone tell me what scene?
Still will probably go for one this year. He will go well with TC-14.

No appearance in the movie, apparently he got cut for EP1: Phantom Menace.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TC-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like he's already available in the UK. http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys ... Position=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GRAMMAR EDITS!!!! :crazy:
Last edited by Anton on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests