Where can I sell A LOT OF LEGO SETS BOXES

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
noobi
I'm New !

Where can I sell A LOT OF LEGO SETS BOXES

Post by noobi » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:06 pm

I have tons of LEGO boxes to sell without any of contents inside. Where is the best place to sell. I have a ton and I have to clear space. Please let me know.
Last edited by vynsane on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: self-promotional links removed.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Re: Where can I sell A LOT OF LEGO SETS BOXES

Post by The-Daryl » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:11 pm

Pretty sure joining just to sell/self promote is a no-no, so you'll probably want to remove that link.

And to answer your question, try opening a Bricklink store; I see a bunch of boxes for sale there.

Good luck :)

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:41 am

I keep telling myself one of these days I'll have a box burning and film it just for fun....I don't know why I save them all.

sketchman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by sketchman » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:40 am

I've never really understood selling just boxes...I guess if there was someone who wanted to have the complete deal (box, instructions,bricks, etc) I guess that'd be a reason, but other than that..once the sets are built, I discard the boxes.

greanie2011
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by greanie2011 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:30 pm

I have kept 99% of my boxes. Not sure why I have kept them myself. I did see 1 person who wallpapered a room with flattened boxes. Sounds like a really cool idea for a Lego room huh!?

Stepho556
I'm New !

Post by Stepho556 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:12 am

I think some people gather bricks into sets and then sell online as a set. Never tried this, but I imagine they get better sale prices if they have an unsealed box and instructions with the set than if the set is sold in ziploc baggies.

Stephen

sketchman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by sketchman » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:44 am

Not sure if you sold those boxes yet, but there was someone locally on Craigslist who was looking to buy lego boxes...

Cementups
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cementups » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:52 am

For those that keep your empty boxes, do you keep them only one side open or do you keep them flat and break both sides of security tape? I keep all my boxes that aren't already damaged in some way.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:12 pm

Cementups wrote:For those that keep your empty boxes, do you keep them only one side open or do you keep them flat and break both sides of security tape? I keep all my boxes that aren't already damaged in some way.
I keep all my boxes and polybags after opening. I open both sides to store hem flat otherwise they would take up way too much space. Even flat they take up too much... We all know precious space is always needed. I keep them mainly in case I decide to sell the sets. Having the box gives a sense of security to buyers that the set was maticulously taken care of and not parted together. It also protects used sets better if you sell and ship.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

jessica52877
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jessica52877 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:00 pm

I've always saved all my boxes, the older boxes where the whole flap opened seem to take up so much more room as I don't flatten them.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:43 am

I keep all my boxes. I don't flatten them out either. I just dump the smaller boxes in the big ones.