[Kids] B&N LEGO Movie Event 1/25

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
atmail35
Duke
Duke

[Kids] B&N LEGO Movie Event 1/25

Post by atmail35 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:17 pm

It looks like Barnes & Noble is holding some sort of event at stores on Saturday, 1/25.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/lego-event/379003980" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Join us for a Hands-On Learning event as we count down to The Lego Movie. Activities, fun and surprises for all who attend.

It was unclear from the website if this includes any giveaways, but call your local store to see if you need to sign up in advance or just show up.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Re: [Kids] B&N LEGO Movie Event 1/25

Post by atmail35 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:19 pm

I thought that maybe TRU would do something, but I haven't seen anything posted on-line yet.

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:07 am

Looks like TRU will be on February 8...

http://club.lego.com/en-us/events" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:00 pm

I want that car, it reminds me of set 3177 Small Car.
I don't know if they'd give me one...

"Event is intended for children ages 5 and up. Event materials available while supplies last and are available only to participating children. Limit one per child."

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:59 pm

Has anyone had any lucky being allowed to do these types of events with younger kids? My 2 year-old actually does really well building, but she'd obviously fall short of the 5-year threshold...

(EDIT) Ehh, nevermind. Apparently you do have to sign up, and my store's already booked.

phonciplebone
I'm New !

Post by phonciplebone » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:22 pm

The event wont be a building event. It is just activities to promote the movie and plot. The building event is scheduled for March.

CharliesDad
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CharliesDad » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:01 am

I'm taking my son to Barnes and Noble tomorrow afternoon. I've never been to one of these at a B&N, but we've been to several in the past at Borders and there were usually activities plus a polybag. Hopefully this will be the same.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:30 pm

If someone goes in the morning, can you please report back as to what went on? Ours isn't until 3, but now I might have a conflict. I'm trying to decide "how important it is" to attend this - LOL.

cdoobiest
I'm New !

Post by cdoobiest » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:16 am

I called the store in Saugus, MA. The lady told me it would be some sort of craft activity, like coloring and a free movie poster. Don't quote me on this, you may want to call your store. The lady who answered didn't seem too knowledgeable. Also, March 1st is building event. Not on calendar online yet, but I was able to sign up at Burlington, MA store. Good luck

Red237
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Red237 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:16 am

Thus was a 3 page ditto. Unscramble, decode and word search. S
Skip it!!! There was a raffle at the end for three chima speedorz. They also made all the kids get up and wanted them to dance to "everything is awesome"

Thought you should know :)

mirrorboxer
I'm New !

Post by mirrorboxer » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:01 pm

Our event was the same color/activity page and mini poster. Also, every participant, including both of my boys, got a MBA poly 20202 as a thank you for coming.

chanmic
I'm New !

Post by chanmic » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:08 am

Burlington MA yesterday - activity sheet, mini poster given away and drawing for 2 LEGO movie tickets. You have to register for the events (March 1st is next; per earlier post). No lego building or lego give away at the store yesterday, but nice event.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:39 pm

Thanks to those who posted replies yesterday, we ended up going after all. It was a mob scene. The limited to 50 children and the list was full and they were holding a waitlist! :crazy:

My daughter was very disappointed that the activity involved just the puzzles/games mentioned. She started on the decoder activity right away and then we came to find out the kids were supposed to do it together with the B&N person leading it. Pretty lame IMO. But she played along. The B&N person rambled off a bunch of stas on # of LEGO bricks etc., but it was hard to hear.

They didn't show the movie clips, but did have a raffle. They raffled off two movie tickets, 3 chima speedorz and some MBA poly bags (looked like leftovers from a previous event).

The B&N person mentioned that it was sponsored by B&N and Warner Bros...probably why there was no building of LEGO involved. They said, "don't worry, every child gets a surprise at the end". It was the movie poster...which was anti-climatic for many. But the event served it's purpose by hyping up the movie (and they put in a plug for people to buy LEGO sets or books).

I guess we will try the March 1 event if we are around as that sounds more promising.

CharliesDad
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by CharliesDad » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Like others, my son and I found the B&N event pretty crappy. We went to the store in Nashua, NH and it was a mob scene without enough supplies and my son was definitely less than thrilled by the poster giveaway considering we have three or four of them already. But we were planning on visiting the Lego store down in Burlington, MA already and they were actually giving away small polybags there, so the day was not a loss after all.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:25 pm

CharliesDad wrote: But we were planning on visiting the Lego store down in Burlington, MA already and they were actually giving away small polybags there, so the day was not a loss after all.
Can you elaborate? Is this the LEGO Movie Accessory pack? I saw it at the store, but have not had time to take my daughter in to build her item and receive her pack.

Mom2Nate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Mom2Nate » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:39 pm

I received an email from B&N so I called immediately to register. It was a bit of a disappointment. It consisted of the 3 page worksheets and the poster giveaway. No raffles or giveaways:(

murphquake
Peasant
Peasant

Post by murphquake » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:43 am

Same story in NYC, raffle was for 3 night lights at the one I went to. If I knew other stores were being more generous I probably would have hit another one. The pages they printed out are also in an activity book with several more pages/characters that my LUG was sent for an event we had this weekend.

mirrorboxer
I'm New !

Post by mirrorboxer » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:29 am

My kids have been trying to put their MBA 20202 polybags together and are having a difficult time re-creating the 3 models pictured on the bag. I also can't seem to find the instructions online anywhere. Does anyone have a "copy" that they would be willing to forward to me?

cmrt1014
Citizen
Citizen

Post by cmrt1014 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:37 pm

mirrorboxer wrote:My kids have been trying to put their MBA 20202 polybags together and are having a difficult time re-creating the 3 models pictured on the bag. I also can't seem to find the instructions online anywhere. Does anyone have a "copy" that they would be willing to forward to me?

Have you checked out the images on brickset? They seem more detailed.

mirrorboxer
I'm New !

Post by mirrorboxer » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:32 am

Yes, we found those images on brickset. While more helpful and detailed than the pictures on the bag, it would be nice to have the actual instructions. PDF, scan, etc. is more than sufficient. A Step by Step guide for two boys under 8 would be very appreciated.