[USA] McDonalds Happy Meal LEGO Movie cups

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

[USA] McDonalds Happy Meal LEGO Movie cups

Post by dehnehsu » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:22 pm

Mcdonalds next Happy Meal promotion will be LEGO movie cups. These were mentioned as coming to the UK. Looks like the next Happy Meal promotion will be in the US as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: [USA] McDonalds Happy Meal LEGO Movie cups

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:05 am

Having seen the garbage LEGO stuck their name on and had at McKillsYea these are still completely stupid, and lame.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:34 am

How is a cup "ACTION"? Whether filled with juice or bourbon, it's pretty much just a cup, hehe.

You would think if they were having a TOY for a happy meal, it'd be like a microbuild, poly, or even minifg parts... Cups are a strange way to go.

I'm sure collecting these will be great fun for some, but not my "cup" of te... erm action ;)

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:28 am

Remember the McDonald's toys for LEGO Batman (the video game)? The figures were pretty cool. Not buildable, but displayed well. http://www.forevergeek.com/wp-content/m ... Batman.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I remember building some LEGO sets at McDonald's in 1989. I'd be surprised if we ever see regular bricks or real minifigs again at a fast food place given the cost. Unless they were charged an additional fee.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:29 am

Look no bricks. What a shame, but not a surprise. Really is a polybag with a 10 brick set so hard?

yeti79
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by yeti79 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:50 am

Wasn't expecting any bricks but was hoping for them. I did expect some kind of toy but a cup, that is pretty lame

FrogsPet
I'm New !

Post by FrogsPet » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:41 pm

Because these are plastic, my first thought it junk. But I also remember loving the glasses that were part of kid's meals at BK and McD as a child. My guess is that my 7yo will like them.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:12 pm

One simple way to put it, "I am loving it.... NOT!"

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:44 am

I think they are hesitant to do the glasses after the Shrek glasses a couple of years ago (the paint contained led in think).
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

davedude
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by davedude » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:21 am

let the s**** ensue

MrVx
I'm New !

Post by MrVx » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:54 pm

I agree with your comments guys... but I have an almost-8 and a 5-year-old here who are psyched by these things! Softens my heart ;-)

We tend to collect cheap plastic character cups from the Cineplex too, and they can't wait to add the long-awaited Lego movie ones to their (worn out) collection.

But, growing up in the '80s, I remember fondly these Happy Meals mini sets http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=1913-1. They meant the world to me and I kept rebuilding them (these were simpler times, some would say!)