[Contest] LEGO Spring 2013: Classic Movie Vignette

Vote, View and participate in our LEGO Contests to win awesome LEGO prizes.
zhouston
I'm New !

Re: [Contest] LEGO Spring 2013: Classic Movie Vignette

Post by zhouston » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:52 pm

I know in at least one other contest in the past people who entered were allowed to vote, but they could not vote for themselves.

Did we ever decide on how accurate the scene has to be to the original movie? I still don't know if we're trying to replicate the scene as best we can or if we're simply recreating a scene and adding our own artistic vision.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:50 am

I have to say the whole CMF part of the contest is rather... poor. It doesn't make sense, the rules aren't 100%, and worst it makes it very very limited, plus a lot of people have issues finding them.

MotionOTheOcean
Peasant
Peasant

Post by MotionOTheOcean » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:33 am

Brick & Blue wrote:I have to say the whole CMF part of the contest is rather... poor. It doesn't make sense, the rules aren't 100%, and worst it makes it very very limited, plus a lot of people have issues finding them.
Well, if you don't like it, you don't have to enter. I for one think it adds an interesting challenge to what would otherwise be a fairly simple idea.

davedude
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by davedude » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:25 pm

MotionOTheOcean wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:I have to say the whole CMF part of the contest is rather... poor. It doesn't make sense, the rules aren't 100%, and worst it makes it very very limited, plus a lot of people have issues finding them.
Well, if you don't like it, you don't have to enter. I for one think it adds an interesting challenge to what would otherwise be a fairly simple idea.
exactly!! how many minifigs are there to fit a classic movie theme???? i hardly own any myself!

cylon13
I'm New !

Post by cylon13 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:11 pm

Can our figure comprised of 100% CMF parts have no hair / headgear whatsoever? As long as the rest of that figure uses CMF components is this acceptable? I'd hate to have cut this submission out because one of our film's heroes is bald, haha.

There will be another figure in the scene with a (unique) CMF headgear piece, but that figure will not be 100% CMF.

Thanks for any incoming responses!

jimmythunder
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jimmythunder » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:42 am

I just have to say that there are so many fantastic entires to the competition already. It has been fun, and the submissions are very creative and inspiring.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:37 am

cylon13 wrote:Can our figure comprised of 100% CMF parts have no hair / headgear whatsoever?
Your minifig does not need hair or headgear.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:34 am

MotionOTheOcean wrote:
Fairly simple idea?

LEGO bricks themselves are a very simple idea and look at everything that is built from them! Building with LEGO is supposed to be about using your imagination, not limiting it for no beneficial reason.

Because of that rule I'll probably won't do anything special for the contest. Even look at the people who already have their models up. Half of them just threw a CMF under some other other pieces or minifigures to hide them just to make sure they fit with a lame rule.

aemil
Peasant
Peasant

Post by aemil » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:28 pm

Hey people! New member here :-D

I would like to give my congrats to the entries so far, some of them are really unique!
This is a really cool contest, I find the whole theme really interesting, even it has some limitations, e.g. you think a great idea, but you don't have the CMF you need :cry:

Anyway, I' ve always thought that limitations is a great way of thinking out of the box..
Hope to finish my vignette today so I can post it and get some comments from you!

Good luck to everyone!

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SEK527 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:57 am

Sorry for the last minute question. If a LEGO piece has a LEGO sticker that belongs to it can it be used? I'd like to use a LEGO triangle that has the traffic light sticker on it. That sticker belong to the triangle, but I'll be using that piece as a musical instrument part. Thanks!

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:57 pm

SEK527 wrote:Sorry for the last minute question. If a LEGO piece has a LEGO sticker that belongs to it can it be used? I'd like to use a LEGO triangle that has the traffic light sticker on it. That sticker belong to the triangle, but I'll be using that piece as a musical instrument part. Thanks!
That would be fine. :up:

Kez
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Kez » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:37 am

All entries look great, good luck to all contestants :-D

Eek
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Eek » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:19 pm

Thank you to everyone who entered! The vignettes were fun to look at and this contest has made me want to re-watch a lot of movies. =)

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:46 pm

Good luck all! So many great entries.