[Entries] Holiday LEGO Building Contest 2011

Vote, View and participate in our LEGO Contests to win awesome LEGO prizes.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[Entries] Holiday LEGO Building Contest 2011

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:13 pm

This is the entries topic for the Holiday LEGO Building Contest 2011. Feel free to comment on other people's entries in this topic too!

Below are the rules for submitting your entries. For full details regarding the contest and prizes, please read the contest announcement topic.

Submit your Entry
  • Upload your images onto our Flickr Group Pool (you can upload as many as you want)
  • Tag your images as "Toysnbricks"
  • You may link your Flickr account here so we can see additional images
  • Post your creation in this topic with up to 2 images and the amount of pieces you have used
  • You may edit your entry as many times as you like until the deadline (November 30)
Toys N Bricks reserves the right to modify or change the rules at anytime.
By accepting the prize, you have read and understood the rules and our Basic Contests & Prizes Rules.
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [Entries] Holiday LEGO Building Contest 2011

Post by dho7622u » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:23 pm

My Entry in the Holiday Contest:

Black Friday at the Big Box
It is Black Friday at the local "Big Box" superstore! Outside, people started to line up early, and a lucky few made it in before the police stopped by to make sure all is peaceful.

Inside, chaos spreads as everyone races to get their prizes. The Big Box employees are doing their best to keep it all under control.

Looks as though someone got there a bit too late!

This is my entry in the Toys N Bricks 2011 Holiday Lego Building contest. This is made from 608 Lego pieces.

Black Friday at the Big Box by dho7622u, on Flickr

Black Friday at the Big Box by dho7622u, on Flickr

see more on my flicker page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22379868@N08/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:33 pm

It is Christmas morning and it is time to open some presents! This little vignette has 248 pieces. I hope it is okay if I used some parts from the Winter Toy Shop.

Little Jimmy doesn't seem too happy with the present his grandparents gave him. While his brother, Thomas is enjoying his new RC train set.

View more images on my Flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/legobrando ... 343352060/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Hope you guys like this little vignette that I whipped up in an hour or two. Good luck to other contestants!

sydra
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sydra » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:52 pm

I've only been buying LEGO since this summer, I have very few to work with, but wanted to have fun with this contest anyway. Most of what I have is very random stuff from two bags I found at yard sales, and so this is what I came up with:

Rupert's Christmas Junkyard by sydra53, on Flickr

Title: Rupert's Christmas Junkyard
Piece count: 288
With the rough economy this year, there's just no budget for decorations. So Rupert decides to use whatever he can find lying around the junkyard to make things a bit more festive! From the bathtub turned sleigh to the 3 wise mannequins, the possibilities were endless!

Brick Monster
I'm New !

Post by Brick Monster » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Here is my entry! :-D

A Medieval Christmas by Brick Monster, on Flickr

It's a typical medieval Christmas, and It has 781 LEGO pieces. It took me 3-5 hours to build.

Enjoy! :lol:

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:59 pm

I spent a good part of last weekend trying to figure out what to build and then even more time actually building it. I figure I would make a matching set to continue with the Winter Village theme.

Winter Candy Shop
523 pieces

Here is the front of the store. Every purchase gets a child a free picture with Santa Claus!
Front View by Condor80, on Flickr

Rear view. The lady takes her candy to the cashier to be weighed while her husband picks out more candy. Upstairs, the chocolatier prepares new products for the holidays. The chocolate frogs are sure to be a hit!
Back View by Condor80, on Flickr

Here's the link to the album for some alternate views :-)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29290522@N ... 138771622/

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:06 pm

Wonderful entry 'Condor'. This is my favourite contest entry so far! Great work! :razz:

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:47 am

Nice candy shop.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:27 pm

Thanks guys! I had a lot of fun building it. It's funny how you're never really done with a MOC. Even now I'm thinking of ways I can improve on it :-)

Good luck to everybody!

Brick Monster
I'm New !

Post by Brick Monster » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:47 am

Just one week left. :shifty:

StevePoulsen
I'm New !

Post by StevePoulsen » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:57 pm

benkeller
I'm New !

Post by benkeller » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:18 pm

Here is my Christmas train with a conveyor belt for the presents to be loaded.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2003sam
I'm New !

Post by 2003sam » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Here is my entry for the Holiday building contest. It is a ski slope with a snowboarder, and a skiier stuck headfirst in the snow! Santa and Rudolph have landed on the cabin roof, and Santa is on his way down the chimney. Someone is cutting a Christmas tree while someone else shovels the walk. I used 465 pieces.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/70891266@N ... nbrickscom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IMG_1867.JPG
IMG_1868.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 2003sam on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:17 pm

2003sam wrote:Here is my entry for the Holiday building contest. It is a ski slope with a snowboarder, and a skiier stuck in the snow. Santa and Rudolph have landed on the cabin roof, and someone is cutting a Christmas tree while someone else shovels the walk.
No image?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:47 pm

@benkeller and 2003sam

Please remember to follow these rules when submitting your entry. Otherwise, your entry will be disqualified.
Toys N Bricks wrote: Submit your Entry
  • Upload your images onto our Flickr Group Pool (you can upload as many as you want)
  • Tag your images as "Toysnbricks"
  • You may link your Flickr account here so we can see additional images
  • Post your creation in this topic with up to 2 images and the amount of pieces you have used
  • You may edit your entry as many times as you like until the deadline (November 30)

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:16 pm

Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dr_spock_8 ... hotostream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Someone forgot to tell the mayor that it is electric lights...

58 pieces for the tree. 23 mini-figs.

scottyay
I'm New !

Post by scottyay » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:06 pm

The Pub.

A warm, cozy, intimate place to gather after hours. Tried to get that traditional stone and brick with vines and other brush. The pub was built almost exclusively with pieces from the winter bakery set. (exclusions are: barrels and taps, yellow translucent pieces on the lamps, greenery "vines" on the chimney exterior, minifigs+utensils, and 6 or so white pieces needed to finish off the roof).

Threw in the dog sledder for kicks. Sled made with pieces from the winter village post office vehicle and gazebo.

Used 476 pieces.

Rest of the pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottlenger/tags/lego/
Last edited by scottyay on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Here is my entry in the Holiday Building Contest, the Living Nativity. Tourists from all over Legoland flock to the living Nativity, where Citizens of Legoland act out scenes from the Christmas story. In this vignette, representing the birth of Jesus, the narrator tells the story to a crowd of eager attendees, while Mary and Joseph attend to the baby. They even got a real LEGO camel this year, cool!

There are approximately 260 pieces used.

IMG_6103 by hatcherman, on Flickr

IMG_6105 by hatcherman, on Flickr

Check out my flickr stream for all the picks. http://www.flickr.com/photos/hatcherman/?saved=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hatcherman/?saved=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

SeijiAmasawa
I'm New !

Post by SeijiAmasawa » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:58 am

proofOfSanta2.jpg
proofOfSanta.jpg
Hi. My first MOC. It's not big but I didn't have much to work with. The little girl is trying to get proof that Santa exists. I used 185 pieces of Lego from the Log Cabin, last year's Advent calendar and the Traveller's camera. Thanks for looking.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seijiamasawa/
Last edited by SeijiAmasawa on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bono1900
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by bono1900 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:08 am

My entrie is colled - "Oh come, All ye faithfull"
On the first picture people are gathering into the church to celebrate the birth of Jesus. I tried to do this model as similar as possible (for me) to the real church in Tomsk (here is the link to the picture of it - http://flic.kr/p/5V9Hki" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
On the second picture we see the very first worshipers of the newborn Christ, shepherds and magi, who enter into the very first church.
Number of bricks is ap.900

http://www.flickr.com/photos/burlakovda ... nbrickscom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
contest 004a.jpg
contest 007.jpg
P.S. This the time of the year when we practically do not see the daylight. So it is a real challenge to make a good pictures with simple camera and dead batteries (if I have time, tomorrow I will try to make it better).
P.S.S. sorry for possible errors in my post, we do not speak English in Siberia very often :)
Last edited by bono1900 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.