[Contest] Micro Build Tournament 2011

Vote, View and participate in our LEGO Contests to win awesome LEGO prizes.
mvas11
Peasant
Peasant

Re: [CONTEST] Micro Build Tournament 2011

Post by mvas11 » Sun May 15, 2011 3:06 pm

This is my attempt at the mini-build contest. I chose the Lego Imperial Shuttle 10212 as my inspiration. I don't own any mini-builds and I've never constructed one before this attempt. I chose this ship b/c as a kid I always wanted the Shuttle Tiderium but never owned it. The folding wings intrigued me then and they still do now. When I saw Lego made a version I was stoked. Then I saw the price. Anyway, this was really satisfying on a number of levels. My model comes in at 90 pieces compared to the lego version of 2503. I hope you enjoy it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun May 15, 2011 3:14 pm

There is actually a difference of 13 images depending on whether I'm logged in or out - 63 when I'm logged in, 50 when not.

When logged out I can't see Fatyankee's Dropship/AT-OT, legowatermelon's Maersk Container Ship, LegoBrandon's UCSMF, or mvas11's Imperial Shuttle. There is no 'approval' process set in the group, so please review your security settings, all.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sun May 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Legobrandon wrote:How come my entry photos don't appear on the Toys N Brick photo stream? I can only see my photo if I sign in.
If its not a security setting on your browser, then it could be a Flickr bug. I started noticing the problem in April so I contacted Flickr support for help (got no reply regarding that). Two weeks later, the group got delated because we were using it for "commerical purposes". Kinda dumb how you ask them for help and they delate you instead of helping you.

We have no control over these 3rd party sites and I'm seeing what vynsane is seeing - 63 when logged in, 50 when not. I do see Fatyankee's Dropship/AT-OT regardless whether I'm logged in or not.

*Rest assured that if you have followed the rules and submitted your photos to our group pool, your entry will qualify for the contest.

beans
Peasant
Peasant

Post by beans » Sun May 15, 2011 4:45 pm

This is my submission, based on Cafe Corner 10182 and totalling at exactly 200 pieces.

More pictures available on flickr and the group pool:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31544581@N02/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was definitely a challenge trying to simplify all the details of the original into micro-scale; I look forward to building an interior after the contest without having to worry about the piece limit :D.

Hope you like it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

filospinato
I'm New !

Post by filospinato » Sun May 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Mini build of 10198, SW Tantive IV. 174 pcs used. Totally fun to design and build with my wife and son, they were an essential part of this all coming together at the last minute.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sun May 15, 2011 7:40 pm

Here is my entry, my version of the UCS Millennium Falcon. I used 53 pieces.

There are five pictures in my photostream : http://www.flickr.com/photos/hatcherman/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sun May 15, 2011 9:00 pm

Contest is now closed. Voting will begin shortly.