LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Post Reply
User avatar
possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Charlotte NC
Contact:

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by possum » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:06 am

hardtravelinghero wrote:TRU had nothing either, but the City sets were cleared out pretty good. The City Advent Calendar was there though. I wonder if that is BOGO this week. Anyone know?
Just the city Advent, not the pirates.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

User avatar
hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Long Island, NY and various locations
Contact:

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by hardtravelinghero » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:08 am

possum wrote:
hardtravelinghero wrote:TRU had nothing either, but the City sets were cleared out pretty good. The City Advent Calendar was there though. I wonder if that is BOGO this week. Anyone know?
Just the city Advent, not the pirates.

Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!
I concur with your signature. Do people feel a need to be greedy and secretive, even after they've cleaned out the minifigs in an area? I'm sure we all love Lego and minifigs a ridiculous amount, but in the end they don't give us any of our human necessities. It's not like if we were all trapped in a desert and one of us found a spring but didn't want to share it because it's a survival issue for his or her family (though we could argue about that one). Some of us need to get over ourselves and take this hobby a little less seriously. This is coming from someone who has been to two Targets every day for nearly a week, and TRU most T/Ths. If I never got the figures, I'd have no less a fulfilling life. But I sure as hell would enjoy the things. Plastic, lifeless things, no matter how much of an imagination you or I have. Toys. Hobby. Fun. Necessity they are not.

Excelsior,
Paul

User avatar
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 2295
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 am
Location: SE MI USA

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:21 am

2 partial boxes still at Monroe, MI Target.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

User avatar
possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Charlotte NC
Contact:

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by possum » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:58 am

hardtravelinghero wrote:
possum wrote:
hardtravelinghero wrote:TRU had nothing either, but the City sets were cleared out pretty good. The City Advent Calendar was there though. I wonder if that is BOGO this week. Anyone know?
Just the city Advent, not the pirates.

Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!
I concur with your signature. Do people feel a need to be greedy and secretive, even after they've cleaned out the minifigs in an area? I'm sure we all love Lego and minifigs a ridiculous amount, but in the end they don't give us any of our human necessities. It's not like if we were all trapped in a desert and one of us found a spring but didn't want to share it because it's a survival issue for his or her family (though we could argue about that one). Some of us need to get over ourselves and take this hobby a little less seriously. This is coming from someone who has been to two Targets every day for nearly a week, and TRU most T/Ths. If I never got the figures, I'd have no less a fulfilling life. But I sure as hell would enjoy the things. Plastic, lifeless things, no matter how much of an imagination you or I have. Toys. Hobby. Fun. Necessity they are not.

Excelsior,
Paul
I don't want to get too far off topic here, but want to add to your point. I have another (much much more expensive) hobby that I've kind of put on the back burner recently due to a new family and that is collecting game worn hockey & baseball jerseys. In the game worn community it's common not to share finds because each shirt is one of a kind. LEGO isn't like that. They grow on trees, and even the CMFs (back on topic!) aren't that tough to find if you're willing to spend a little extra cash. And people who complain about TRU or BL seller markups should come over to the game worn hobby where a $125 jersey can fetch anywhere between $300 and five figures depending on the player.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

User avatar
hatcher
Count
Count
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:46 am
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by hatcher » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:46 pm

The Walmart in Barrie Ontario (North End Walmart) has the series 2 in stock. Locked like 2 boxes, but that might been a consolidations since they looked rather mixed up. $2.86 each.

Also, the Toys R Us in Barrie has about 5 boxes of them in, selling for $2.99 each.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

User avatar
Legobrandon
Count
Count
Posts: 1763
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:31 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:51 pm

hatcher wrote:The Walmart in Barrie Ontario (North End Walmart) has the series 2 in stock. Locked like 2 boxes, but that might been a consolidations since they looked rather mixed up. $2.86 each.

Also, the Toys R Us in Barrie has about 5 boxes of them in, selling for $2.99 each.
Thanks for the update Hatcher! I will be going to TRU and checking to complete my collection! :)
Image

User avatar
vynsane
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by vynsane » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:10 am

Both Targets in Newburgh and Poughkeepsie (NY) had these in the Seasonal aisle as of last week, just too busy to post.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

User avatar
Legoliner Pilot
I'm New !
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:26 pm
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
Contact:

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by Legoliner Pilot » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:25 pm

And my loot so far!

Image

Image
The stuff in the bag is an un-opened set of Series 2. The bags on the left are extras (13 to be exact). On the right are both series one and two instrcution leaflets.

Image

All of my Spartans:

Image

All purchased from Fort Lauderdale Toys 'R Us, Miami LEGO Store, and Bricklink.

kevin93
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:23 pm
Location: THE USA

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by kevin93 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:57 am

You got so much figures and spartans. Spartans are so hard to find. Man am I jealous now :mrgreen:

stocktheodds
I'm New !
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by stocktheodds » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:59 am

Target in Salt Lake City Utah off of Fort Union had 2 boxes just put on the self this morning. I grabbed a couple that I needed and left the rest! Good luck...

User avatar
Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor
Posts: 2220
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:28 pm
Location: Natick, MA, U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by Mantisking » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:17 am

The Target in Framingham has them. I grabbed eight (Disco Stu, Explorer, Mime, Spartan, Vampire, Karateka, and Pharaoh(x2)) on Wednesday of last week.

User avatar
hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:17 pm
Location: Long Island, NY and various locations
Contact:

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by hardtravelinghero » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:08 pm

Good finds in Central PA and North Central MD.

ToysRus in York PA had nearly one full box on Friday afternoon. I bought 11 figures and was able to feel the packages to get only the ones I wanted with no mistakes. Only two Spartans. Didn't keep track of the other figures, but felt up every package.

ToysRus in Harrisburg got them sometime this past weekend. There was an empty display box at register 5 this afternoon when I returned my 11 York minifigures because I was lucky enough to find the minifigures at Lutherville-Timonium MD Target. The seasonal display was nearly overflowing.

I had also ordered and received my 16 from Legoshop.com and my mix wasn't too bad:
two extra witches
two extra blackbelts
one extra I don't recall

If your local Target does not yet have them and you have other nearby Targets you're willing to drive to, ask an employee to see if any of the other nearby stores have them. Two days before I made it to Timonium I was informed they had 118 in stock. Most seemed to be there Saturday night at 9:30. Most of that number are still there.

And yes, it seems Spartans are hard to find everywhere. Obviously Lego plans on flooding the market in a few months when they license Frank Miller's 300.

-Paul
Last edited by Brickbuilder0937 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed a four letter word

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 956
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:23 am
Location: Rockland, NY

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by slacker » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Lego in West Nyack NY has two box out right now. I was able to get one set. Target in the mall has been picked. Only had two baywatch girl and two ring master. Target in spring valley has 1 1/2 box. Display boxes are still there. Good hunting

xoodus
I'm New !
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:37 am

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by xoodus » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:09 am

UK users - I've just got back from buying a few at my local The Entertainer store. I spent a while speaking to the lovely lady at the till and she said they were already on their third case since getting them last Thursday! She was very helpful and even scanned the small barcodes and let me know which ones they were with their own cheat-sheat of codes.

The bad news is that because of the company policy they don't have any of the witches or vampires. She said that they go through all the cases at the warehouse when they recieve them from Lego and take them out! Someone has a boring job! I asked what they do with them and if there's any way of getting hold of them but she said she had no idea. Somewhere, maybe back at Lego, there is a huge stack of vampires and witches.

I'm yet to see them at my local WH Smiths (or anywhere else) so I'll just have to wait to find them. I know this isn't the right thread for asking about trades - so I'm not going to!

slow1234
I'm New !
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:23 pm
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by slow1234 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:53 pm

slow1234 wrote:Victoria, BC, Canada status...

The TRU in Mayfair Mall doesn't have any, but the floor manager said they could be coming in any time. He anticipates they will go quickly.
UPDATE: I just talked with the TRU at Mayfair - they don't have any figures yet, but are expecting them. The warehouse manager said the LEGO rep was in yesterday, and the manager asked her specifically about the figures. The LEGO rep didn't know when they would arrive. They are coming though!

I asked the manager whether he'd been getting lots of calls, and he said that in the two hours they've been open today, he's already had 5 or 6 calls specifically about the minifigs!

slow

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:30 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by NIGELTTF » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:10 pm

xoodus wrote:UK users - I've just got back from buying a few at my local The Entertainer store. I spent a while speaking to the lovely lady at the till and she said they were already on their third case since getting them last Thursday! She was very helpful and even scanned the small barcodes and let me know which ones they were with their own cheat-sheat of codes.

The bad news is that because of the company policy they don't have any of the witches or vampires. She said that they go through all the cases at the warehouse when they recieve them from Lego and take them out! Someone has a boring job! I asked what they do with them and if there's any way of getting hold of them but she said she had no idea. Somewhere, maybe back at Lego, there is a huge stack of vampires and witches.

I'm yet to see them at my local WH Smiths (or anywhere else) so I'll just have to wait to find them. I know this isn't the right thread for asking about trades - so I'm not going to!
No Witches or Vampires??? What superstitous nonesense would cause a company policy like that? :evil:

User avatar
vynsane
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by vynsane » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:56 pm

NIGELTTF wrote:No Witches or Vampires??? What superstitous nonesense would cause a company policy like that? :evil:
The same kind that causes people to not allow Harry Potter or Twilight books to be sold in their store, since they promote witchcraft and evil. I find it rather ridiculous myself.
xoodus wrote:Somewhere, maybe back at Lego, there is a huge stack of vampires and witches.
I bet they are sent back to LEGO and enter the pool where the [email protected] purchases are pulled from.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

User avatar
vynsane
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by vynsane » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Checked in at the Target on Rt. 33 in Harrisonburg, VA while on vacation. No CMFs2, but the bay was there. Spoke to an employee who turned out to be off the clock, just shopping after his shift, who told me to check back on Friday, since that would be the next day they would possibly get them in. He seemed to be under the impression they would be getting more, so if you're in the area on Friday, check it out. If you get there before me, please be kind enough as to leave me a Spartan for the tip ;)
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 559
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:23 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by gabriellee11 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:58 pm

My target is now selling the minifigures for $2.99. Do anyone know if it is probably my target or is it every target?

User avatar
Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor
Posts: 2220
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:28 pm
Location: Natick, MA, U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by Mantisking » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:09 pm

gabriellee11 wrote:My target is now selling the minifigures for $2.99. Do anyone know if it is probably my target or is it every target?
I bought three today at the Target in Framingham, MA. Still $1.99.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests