[REVIEW] Pharoah's Quest 7325 Cursed Cobra Statue

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

How would you rate this set?

Excellent
40%
Average
60%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 10

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

[REVIEW] Pharoah's Quest 7325 Cursed Cobra Statue

Post by BobaFett2 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:54 am

Indexed

7325 Cursed Cobra Statue is one of the 2011 Pharaoh's Quest sets. It contains three Minifigures-Jake Raines, Helena Tova (who came with brown hands-I'm getting a replacement from LEGO.com), and a Snake Mummy. The set is made up of a giant Cobra (statue?), a "Statue wall", and a jeep. It costs US $30.00 and came with 213 parts.
The Set
The Cobra attaches to the statue loosely, and it isn't perfectly posable but it works out decently.
Thankfully, the Cobra's neck flap is made of a decently tough plastic. Could have been a bit better in shape, but it has great printing. Maybe I could make an Egypt boat sail?
7325 Cobra
The Cobra itself is great-not as good as the Scorpion, but it is very posable. Many nice pieces, lots of gold-I think it's a statue from the set name. It would have been better is they used a dark tan 2x4 tile instead of a dark tan 2x4 plate, but otherwise it's near-perfect.

7325 Car Front
The Car has a license plate-remember Adventurers? A nice little reminder of the theme that probably inspired this one, and a good design as well.
7325 Car Back
Apparently Helena Tova is supposed to sit in a box. There's a brick with a rope sticker, but it doesn't look that great and the rope appears as if it should fly off while the car drives.
7325 Car Side
The side is nothing special, but the wheels are old/new (new version of old piece).
7325 Structure Back
The statue's back has an arch in there, maybe to make the cobra a bit easier to fit on. It attaches loosely, and I think it's a pretty new piece that they use.
7325 Structure Front
The statue has a simple but effective design. The colors work, and there are two *cough*stupidstickershouldbeprinted*cough* hieroglyph pieces that really fit in.
Parts
There are tons of nice parts. The set may be a bit pricey for it's part count but it has lots of parts in new colors. First off, the car's parts-there is that car center piece in dark red-definitely new (in that color). The 2x4 dark tan piece is new in that color. The wheels have a new tire piece-different from the older version only marginally. Now onto the statue: the top has some dark blue roof corner slope bricks. There is also a 2x4 plate in earth orange, some gold 1x2 slopes (3 tall), and a dark tan 1x2 brick that originated in western. There's also a gold scarab shield. The snake has tons of gold slope bricks, a new printed head, a new plastic piece, some joint pieces in black (the socket part, I think that's new). There's also dark tan 2x4 plates and earth orange 1x2 tiles. I got some gold extras, and 8 1x1 round dark bley bricks...dunno why.
Build
The set wasn't challenging to build, although it has a decent design. I've had better builds for the same price, but I've also had more boring ones.
Minifigures
Jake Raines is awesome. His face is detailed and has sideburns and he has a new hairpiece which I really like. His legs aren't printed, but that's not usually important. The torso has a great printing, although it puzzles me that LEGO would print a bullet chain on a Minifigure.
Apparently others have been receiving the same Helena Tova with the brown hands. I know that's not how it's supposed to come though, because if you compare the box art, she has yellow hands. Anyways, she has a nice new torso as well. They use shadows on the side to make her look skinner, and the torso is nicely detailed. The face has eyes (of course) and a mouth with lipstick. There are barely visible freckles and one eyebrow is raised. She has orange hair, so I suppose it's a great fit-but I haven't seen a lot of female Minifigures in recent themes, so I can't say.
The Snake Charmer Mummy is similar to the flying one, although it doesn't have wings and it has a Pharaoh headdress. The printed snakes could have been done better-they aren't bad, but in my opinion, they look a bit under-emphasized. Great to have more mummies, though.
Price
The price is a bit high, with US $30.00 for 213 parts. 3 Minifigures and lots of gold makes up for it (in a way), but it's not a great deal getting a 14 cents per part value.
Overall
Pros
-New printed piece and snake neck flap
-Good Minifigures
-Great colors
-Lots of gold
-License Plate
Cons
-Stickered instead of printed
-US $0.14 per part
-Brown hands on Helena Tova mistake happened in all copies (I suppose, seeing bricklink).
-Neck flaps could have been better
-Mummy's headdress was sub-optimal
So, to sum it up-
Parts-4.5/5-They could have switched a few parts around, but the new colors and parts made up for it-sadly, though, they have some stickers...
Price-3.5/5-I understand that new colors and new molds may cost money, but this is a bit ridiculous
Design-4/5-Well designed, but other Pharaoh's Quest sets are better (or so I have decided from the other two that I have and from the pictures of the three that I don't-this was the only one I didn't really want that much)
Minifigures-5/5-Other than the Mummy's headdress, they are perfect! The mistake with the hands made me laugh, and replacements are always nice since I get a free part...
Building Experience-3.5/5-I've had better
Overall: 4.1-There ARE better sets, and it's probably one of the few bad ones in the theme (other than that stupid Magnet set and the fact that the Battle Packs don't have Anubis Warriors...)

So, what do you think? Do you like this set? Why, or why not? Apparently, I can't add a poll. I don't know why though.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: [REVIEW] 7325 Cursed Cobra Statue

Post by vynsane » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:00 am

I'm really looking forward to this series, I feel like I really missed out the first time Adventurers came around (although I'm still looking to get some of them, but they're relatively hard to find).

The brown hands issue seems like just an early running production change - Look for future iterations of the set to have the "contents of box may differ in color from package design", or for the pictures themselves to be photoshopped.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:40 am

vynsane wrote:I'm really looking forward to this series, I feel like I really missed out the first time Adventurers came around (although I'm still looking to get some of them, but they're relatively hard to find).

The brown hands issue seems like just an early running production change - Look for future iterations of the set to have the "contents of box may differ in color from package design", or for the pictures themselves to be photoshopped.
So you are saying this is a change? Hmm, I guess that makes sense. Gloves...
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:13 pm

She's pictured on BL as having brown hands - so the question really is: Has anyone received a set where she DOESN'T have brown hands?
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:19 pm

vynsane wrote:She's pictured on BL as having brown hands - so the question really is: Has anyone received a set where she DOESN'T have brown hands?
I'm thinking it's a big production line error.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

InfectiousZombie
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by InfectiousZombie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:43 am

BobaFett2 wrote:
vynsane wrote:She's pictured on BL as having brown hands - so the question really is: Has anyone received a set where she DOESN'T have brown hands?
I didn't even think twice about it. I Thought it was cool that they had her wearing gloves.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:04 am

InfectiousZombie wrote:
BobaFett2 wrote:
I didn't even think twice about it. I Thought it was cool that they had her wearing gloves.
I would take brown over regular hands any day. Since most minifigures have the yellow or flesh hands, brown hands are a nice change for gloves.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [REVIEW] Pharoah's Quest 7325 Cursed Cobra Statue

Post by autobrick » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:22 pm

legitimatealex wrote:
InfectiousZombie wrote:
BobaFett2 wrote:
I would take brown over regular hands any day. Since most minifigures have the yellow or flesh hands, brown hands are a nice change for gloves.
I have never seen Helena with non-gloved hands, under than on the Pharaoh's Quest section on the Lego website, where she has yellow hands.

Also, according to her web bio her name is Helena Skvalling, not Helena Tova, which is what is printed on the box! This reminds me of how the original Adventurers had different names in different regions.
Bio: http://pharaohsquest.lego.com/en-us/Bio ... 0Skvalling

I like the look of the truck in this set, however the snake/tower in this set is a bit underwhelming. I think I will just pick up a Helena fig (strangely exclusive to this set) off Bricklink instead.

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:36 pm

I recently built this set after acquiring it in a BOGO50.

My Helena has brown hands/gloves and the jeep is neat. Fan of the deep red, however due to the hair style that goes down the back Helena can neither drive nor sit "shotgun" to the side of Raines.The Tamina braided hair would have the same problem so no faux-tomb-raider either.

(interesting to note the planned location of the steering wheel is to the right, I wonder if Raines is supposed to drive on the left side of the road :lol: )

As female characters goe, Helena is a plus for the collection but to be a fitting cohort to the adventurer I do not have the right short-style hair piece to subsitute, least of all keep her a ginger and drive the jeep.

I like the cobra, the neck piece is a welcome piece, I thought it would be decorated fabric like so many old pirate sails. I like the colored pieces always a plus for gold and sand pieces.

$30 is a bit high, hopefully you can find a sale price on this one.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

yeti79
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by yeti79 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:39 pm

I also changed her hands to yellow and got her a shorter ponytail hairstyle so she could sit in the vehicle