[REVIEW] 8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

What rating would you give to this set?

Excellent
38%
Average
63%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 8

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

[REVIEW] 8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack

Post by hatcher » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:12 pm

Indexed

Here is my review of the Rebel Trooper Battle Pack.

The front of the Box:

The Back of the Box:

The box contains two bags, and the instructions. There are no stickers.

The front of the instruction book:

And a random page from the instructions:

The minifigs: This set contains four figures. A Rebel Officer, the twin rebel soldiers, and an X-Wing Pilot (?) named Zev Senesca. Why they included an X-Wing Pilot instead of another soldier I don't know. The Imperial battle pack contains an At-At driver so I guess they thought it would be a good idea. The helmets for the troopers and officer are new, the same (I think) as the ones in the Echo Base set. Zev has an orange band across his face to simulate a helmet face screen, and it looks good. His helmet is also a new design, as I believe is the torso.

Only Zev has any printing on his back, but the others get a nice white back pack.

The following are pictures from the build of the included vehicle, which I don't remember seeing in Empire, but whatever. It is a nice simple build, with no real difficulty. The flick fire missiles don't really go very far, but since I hate flick fires anyway, no big deal.

The extra pieces(sorry its blurry): An extra helmet visor, a white cheese slope and a red 1x1 circular tile.

And the final product complete with figures.

Overall, this set is good for what it is, a battle pack. The figures are good, and the vehicle, if not movie accurate, at least is something you could play with if you were so inclined, as opposed to what the Imperials got to go along with their speeder.

I give this set a 7/10.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

toystest
Knight
Knight

Re: [REVIEW] 8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack

Post by toystest » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:28 am

Thanks for the review.

I think the little icon in the instructions is awesome. 'Don't throw this in someone's face'