21103 LEGO BTTF DeLorean Time Machine Pictures

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

21103 LEGO BTTF DeLorean Time Machine Pictures

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:33 pm

The official picture for the 21103 Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine has finally surfaced from the UK July 2013 LEGO Store Calendar via BrickFanatics! This creation was originally posted at the Cuusoo website back in 2011 which achieved 10 000 votes for evaluation. After a series of assessments and tests by the LEGO Group in 2012, the product passed. Congrats again Masashi! On July 18, 2013, you can purchase this official LEGO product at LEGO Brand Stores and LEGO Shop at Home.

Though, it does appear that there's been some modifications to the original Cuusoo creation that was posted. There are no minifigures in the "official" LEGO product and the vehicle also appears to have been modified as well.

Original LEGO Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine Creation

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/21103-lego-bttf- ... -pictures/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

wyldjedi
Citizen
Citizen

Re: 21103 LEGO BTTF DeLorean Time Machine Pictures

Post by wyldjedi » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:28 pm

Even if some spectacular minifigures were included I think the official Lego version of the Delorian looks pretty ugly. I am going to pass

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:01 am

I agree. Gonna pass on this as well. So many great Cuuso ideas, yet I own zero of the actual created ones. What does that say TLG?

They should have created this set on a scale of the Lambo's and VW Van.

Otherwise, They should either go with the Cuuso creator's design (assuming they waive licensing rights)
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:00 am

I wonder what would TLG think when the majority did not support and purchase the approved Cuusoo creation set. I am not saying we should blindly support TLG's version; however, voters (I didn't vote for this because I had enough vehicles in my Lego collction) were supposed to expect some variation from original design.

After all, I believe the assessment for future potential Cuusoo set will definitely be even harder to get passed.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:22 am

If the price is right, I'll buy it. That set looks like a stockpile of great parts.

Eurolock
I'm New !

Post by Eurolock » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:52 am

Perhaps those who supported the original cuusoo project would be more interested in buying the official Lego version if it actually bore some resemblance to the model they voted for.

Monkey Shuttle
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Monkey Shuttle » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:36 am

If it seats Minifigs, I'll buy it, but I gotta agree that some of the artistic license taken on this model is a bit gag-inducing.
Last edited by Monkey Shuttle on Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

skeet318
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by skeet318 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:12 am

I'm taking the wait-and-see aproach....

skeet318
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by skeet318 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:31 pm

I really like the cutsy original though....

I'm New !

Post by 1265 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:55 pm

The LEGO version doesn't look that bad except for the hood and A-pillar. With few modifications to these, it's a better looking car than the original model.

Doesn't look like this set comes with minifigures......which would be a shame. If the original design didn't showcase the minifigures - but only the car - it would not of reached 10K votes. The minifigures drove the votes. So, based on the car design alone, I give my vote and slight edge to LEGO.

echobanzai
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by echobanzai » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:36 pm

i wanted the car for the steampunk crazy engine looking vehicle.
i cannot believe they put a basic flat hood on there, the more shapes and edges, the better.

and without minifigs? are you kidding me? lego wimped out. i agree, the car got votes because of the minifigs AND the incredible car.

you think lego is doing something cool, then they pull the big corporate on us.

i will buy a set just for minifigs. i almost never buy a set just for parts.

i was psyched to get a doc brown and marty lego minifig. what a shame lego.

greanie2011
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by greanie2011 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:22 pm

Saving grace on this set = sweet minifigs

auralgami
Peasant
Peasant

Post by auralgami » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:38 pm

No minifigs = no sale.

Also, I can see why they might want to make the model look like the first movie, but it is...kind of ugly with that hood. The original CUUSOO creation had more junk on the hood, but still looked more sleek.

It's sad, but CUUSOO somehow manages to suck all the awesome out of the ideas that people work so hard on.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:44 am

It's now being reported that this set does come with minifigures. http://www.bricknews.co.uk/NewsArticle.aspx?NewsID=354" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:24 am

Well, the fact that it comes with minifigures is something at least. I'll need to see the actual model and price before making a final decision. I do like the way Marty and Doc look, and I love the time circuit tile shown (although it will probably be a sticker.) and if you can make the car up to look like it did in each of the movies, it might be ok. (Crossing fingers.)
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:44 am

I was really looking forward to this set, was thinking about buying two which I never do.

That is one ugly POS, the real model is so nice and what they did to it is a mess!

The price is 35 pounds, so 35 Euros and probably 35$, so not worth it. It's a car, it should be $25.

slimninj4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by slimninj4 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:56 am

hatcher wrote:Well, the fact that it comes with minifigures is something at least. I'll need to see the actual model and price before making a final decision. I do like the way Marty and Doc look, and I love the time circuit tile shown (although it will probably be a sticker.) and if you can make the car up to look like it did in each of the movies, it might be ok. (Crossing fingers.)
Yeah it is much nicer that it comes with 2 figs and the ability to change it 3 different ways.

badbob001
Peasant
Peasant

Post by badbob001 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:10 am

Brickbuilder0937 wrote:It's now being reported that this set does come with minifigures. http://www.bricknews.co.uk/NewsArticle.aspx?NewsID=354" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
More importantly, that site mentions that it will include instructions on how to build the three versions of the car from each of the movies. That is fantastic! For people that like to put things on display, this may make them buy three sets.

I wish the build was a little bit better. The top seems too angled and makes it look like a 1-seat aircraft. Perhaps making it one stud wider will help. And the hood is ugly with the stepping slope and removes any chance of seeing engine details.

echobanzai
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by echobanzai » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:50 am

thanks bricbuilder!!!

the model with the hood contraption is from part 3.
lets hope they really can make all three deloreans.
and with those minifigs, im buying!!!

echobanzai
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by echobanzai » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:59 am

35 bucks for a lego store exclusive is fine.
even tho i think this would sell at tru too.

i buy limited edition toys, the smaller the production numbers, the more expensive.
if we really get minifigs on a limited edition set? its worth the money.

what would really knock it out of the park is if it came with the cowboy costumes to put over the figs from the first movie! ha.