[LDD] Modular fence/wall extension for 10228 "Haunted House"

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

[LDD] Modular fence/wall extension for 10228 "Haunted House"

Post by vynsane » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:18 am

After a Eurobricks post by user Murdoch17, I was greatly inspired to try my hand at my own modular fence. Originally I had intended to follow suit with the 'standard' set forth by the original poster, but realized that the gate that comes with the Haunted House set wasn't integrated into his version, and that was my main focus. To that end, my version is completely different from the original inspiration. (I hope he doesn't mind).

Each module in the LDD file is a distinct 'Group' accesible in the 'Groups' palette for ease of selection/manipulation. The 'modularized' version of the original gate/fence/wall is included in the file, as well as my version that's broken up into three parts - the central 'Gate' module, and the two lengths of wall on either side with the tapered fence.

Modular Fence for 10228 Haunted House by vynsane, on Flickr

LDD File
- Modular Fence Extension for 10228
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: [LDD] Modular fence/wall extension for 10228 "Haunted Ho

Post by vynsane » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:25 pm

No comments? Not even "that background is WAY too dark, dude!"

Well, how about this background?

More modular extensions to the 10228 "Haunted House" wall/fence by vynsane, on Flickr

This version includes a new 'small corner' module complete with 'crystal ball' adornment (as opposed to the 'large corner' featuring the urn/brazier) and a 'neglect damage' variant of same. You can see the damaged version in the lower right-hand corner of the picture.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:00 pm

I like the layout from first version, even if the background is dark :-D I will put a creepy statue at the corner instead of Cylinder Hemisphere. On the other hand, I would keep using black ladders or 1 x 4 x 3 Bar with End Protrusions as the fences.

Wouldn't be a better idea to make a LDD fence that wraps around the house, would it?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:46 am

legohunter wrote:I like the layout from first version, even if the background is dark :-D I will put a creepy statue at the corner instead of Cylinder Hemisphere. On the other hand, I would keep using black ladders or 1 x 4 x 3 Bar with End Protrusions as the fences.
Oh, yeah, I have ideas for taller/larger corners with statuary, for sure. The ladders didn't look as good as the spindled fence, IMO. I don't like how the clips are attached to the ladder, whereas the one used in the official set, the one that gets wider at one end, has no clips.
Wouldn't be a better idea to make a LDD fence that wraps around the house, would it?
That's ultimately the idea, I'm working on more modules and variants. I have an idea for an integrated 'carriage house' as well...

InfectiousZombie
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by InfectiousZombie » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:35 pm

"That's ultimately the idea, I'm working on more modules and variants. I have an idea for an integrated 'carriage house' as well..."

Awesome looking! The carriage house is a great idea as well! I am already building a pond (for the swamp creature) and a dog house (for the werewolf)! I think the Haunted House is one of the best sets I have seen!

Tori Fauz
I'm New !

Post by Tori Fauz » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:36 am

Way cool !!