LEGO Cuusoo Western Town Modular Buildings

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
ahcow
Citizen
Citizen

Re: LEGO Cuusoo Western Town Modular Buildings

Post by ahcow » Tue May 08, 2012 10:55 am

danutsta wrote:im mostly into city stuff but i would buy this.
+1
I don't even like Western but I will buy this.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue May 08, 2012 11:30 am

I'm absolutely amazed that this hasn't hit 10k yet. I voted for it back when it was at 2,400 votes and that seems like months ago.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

Buttmunch
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Buttmunch » Fri May 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Sweet! This just hit the 10,000 mark according to the main page here! I too would buy this, even though Western isn't a theme I normally would.

Too bad they won't make it. I'm waiting for the Western theme is "not appropriate" for children excuse on this like they've used on everything else lately. :roll:

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri May 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Buttmunch wrote:Too bad they won't make it. I'm waiting for the Western theme is "not appropriate" for children excuse on this like they've used on everything else lately. :roll:
They'll lose all credibility, that being the case, in light of the Western theme from 1996/7...
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

harrelmusic
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by harrelmusic » Fri May 11, 2012 8:53 pm

I shall repeat -- make me one of these that has the same spirit as this set but shrinks it into a MMV size and I'm all over it! Congrats to the designer. LEGO's response to this should be fun.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Fri May 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Well out of the projects that have reached 10,000 supporters and have been subsequently rejected, this Western theme has a much better chance of being produced.

- Any potential references to 'violence' can easily be modified and/or removed (ie. the Gun store can easily be changed to a different type of building.
- The potential for financial success is somewhat greater, since a Western theme may have a much broader audience, as opposed to something like Firely that has a much more niche market. If the initial set does become a success, then LEGO can easily turn it into a full-fledged theme. Afterall, that is what the creator's intention was.
- Licensing wont be an issue.
- It'll be a good source of horses!

tired
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tired » Fri May 11, 2012 10:54 pm

Western was always a decent product line and will be easy to reproduce. There are already a number of existing molds. It can be used in modular builds. The popularity of the bandits and cowboys in the collectable mini-fig series mean that kids may want a line for it. Set concepts can be extrapolated from Toy Story's woody's round-up playset, the toy story train set, and recent city mining sets.

I mean once you include trains, you unlock an entire niche.

Two grand sets
- one based of the CUUSOO western town ($120)
- one based of a train robbery with train (no duh!), a number of those brand-new horses and a small platform/scenery to boot ($100) >>> I guess it could be electrical or just a set like the ghost train from Monster Hunters or Hogwarts Express.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sat May 12, 2012 12:36 am

vynsane wrote:
Buttmunch wrote:Too bad they won't make it. I'm waiting for the Western theme is "not appropriate" for children excuse on this like they've used on everything else lately. :roll:
They'll lose all credibility, that being the case, in light of the Western theme from 1996/7...
They've done it before. It meets all criteria for passing. This is a shoe in.

silvashado
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by silvashado » Sat May 12, 2012 8:21 am

I am so happy this has finally made it! I can't see LEGO rejecting it completely. I do see them toning down the Gun and Bar stuff, though I hope they don't. I mean, they've got to have guns. You can't do a Western series without guns. And they've had a bar in PoTC, though maybe it wasn't labeled as such. Well, in any case, I think they will do what they feel they have to do to make it fit their kid-friendly orientation. I just hope they still capture the essence of this project. I also wonder if they'll do more than one building... guess time will tell.

[edit] Hey, did anyone else notice that the Western Project has the tag "LEGO CUUSOO Product" rather than "In Review"? Take a look at this link http://lego.cuusoo.com/all/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and you'll see what I mean. I wonder if it's an error....

Buttmunch
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Buttmunch » Sat May 12, 2012 9:04 am

I admit I am new to this whole thing, but has Lego actually ever made one of these once they hit 10,000 and weren't immediately rejected for being inappropriate for kids? The last few I've seen, granted, have been licensed items, not generic themed ones like this. So it probably does have that much more of a chance of actaully working for them and since they have done a western theme before, they really don't have much of an excuse on it not being appropriate. Hoepfully we've finally cornered them! :lol:

silvashado
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by silvashado » Sat May 12, 2012 9:56 am

Buttmunch wrote:I admit I am new to this whole thing, but has Lego actually ever made one of these once they hit 10,000 and weren't immediately rejected for being inappropriate for kids? The last few I've seen, granted, have been licensed items, not generic themed ones like this. So it probably does have that much more of a chance of actaully working for them and since they have done a western theme before, they really don't have much of an excuse on it not being appropriate. Hoepfully we've finally cornered them! :lol:
Minecraft was the first worldwide project that is going to be made into a set. There were two in the Japan-only market before it went worldwide. It's just that recently, quite a few made to to 10,000. Some will go on to the review phase while a couple got rejected right away.

Licenses do make or break a project because if it's inappropriate for kids, LEGO won't do it even if the model itself is not mature. That's why it's so great to see the Western town make it because there is no license and there's more flexibility in making it appropriate for kids... even though it will mostly be bought by adults.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sat May 12, 2012 6:15 pm

I don't think that the guns and the drinking will be an issue because it still meets the requirements because it is pre WWII violence and weaponry, and the drinking doesn't occur in any sort of contemporary setting.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat May 12, 2012 10:47 pm

I believe this western town has much higher chance to get approved. For wine issue, we have already seen Castle/Kingdoms set carrying wine bottles(came with pirate), cups/wine glasses(came with the King), and wine barrels(in 10193 Medieval Market Village). For gun issue, as other forum members said, we could always see guns from Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and CMF. TLG couldn't use the same lame excuse to kill fans' creativity. I definitely file complaint if this get rejected again.