Visionaries Spectral Knights Capture Chariot

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Boyfromvalley
I'm New !

Visionaries Spectral Knights Capture Chariot

Post by Boyfromvalley » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:33 am

This is the Capture Chariot, vehicle from the late 80s kid show ; Visionaries. I pretty much explained the back story on that in my Lancer Cycle Moc entry. The Capture Chariot was the primary vehicle of the protagonist group; The Spectral Knights. It was operated by Feral; the youngest member of the SK whose animal totem was that of a wolf he acquired for his keen tracking.

The Capture Chariot had one main turret and two gun pods, each capable of flight that were also capable of casting magical fire bolts. Strangely the actual Hasbro toy could only seat 3 of the six SK action figures; four with the Lancer Cycle allowing one; primary Ectar its designated driver. In the series the other knights would man the Chariots turret.

This kind of bothered me as the vehicles of the antagonist group; the Darkling Lords had seating arrangements for all the figures, one even available for Virulina; the female DL who never had a figure released by Hasbro

ImageVisionaries Spectral Knights Capture Chariot by Boyfromvalley, on Flickr

ImageVisionaries Spectral Knights Capture Chariot by Boyfromvalley, on Flickr

Image here shows other Spectral Knights characters Galadria, Cryotek and Arzon.
ImageVisionaries Spectral Knights Capture Chariot And Lancer Cycle by Boyfromvalley, on Flickr

As I said, the gun pods could cast magical fire bolts. The required a spell that was never used in the show or comic series.

"Draw upon the breath of stars, And scorch the skies with fiery scars!"
Image"Draw upon the breath of stars. And scotch the sky with fiery scars" by Boyfromvalley, on Flickr

tensider
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Visionaries Spectral Knights Capture Chariot

Post by tensider » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:56 am

I *loved* that show. I still watch episodes on youtube from time to time. Great creations and custom figures! :)

KendallCo
I'm New !

Post by KendallCo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:04 am

I recognized the Visionaries vehicle immediately, nice job!

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:23 pm

"Sheath these feet in the driving gale, make swift these legs over land I sail!"

Those were great cartoons and toys, I miss them all. Great work on the builds and minifigs, did you print those chest emblems yourself?

Boyfromvalley
I'm New !

Post by Boyfromvalley » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:56 pm

Yes I did. Originally I was going to use screen-caps from the series for both the totems and power staffs, but found it impossible finding any that were suitable. Since I cant draw I instead used photos of actual animals edited them. Some like Darkstorm and Cravix's required some editing.