*NEW* Darth Vader's Sith Starfighter

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
hk-1440
I'm New !

*NEW* Darth Vader's Sith Starfighter

Post by hk-1440 » Fri May 15, 2015 8:44 pm

_new__darth_vader_s_sith_starfighter_by_hk_1440-d68gvgw.jpg
It's actually in the toy shelf right now! Darth Vader's Sith Starfighter! Includes an Imperial Droid and Darth Vader with a glow up lightsaber! In stores now!

Nah, just kidding. It's custom.

I got the idea from a toy I saw called The Sith Starfighter. To be honest, I was never a fan of seeing a yellow ship. I mean can you imagine in space, a yellow, bright object in the middle of war? I mean what is it suppose to be? It's like painting a bulls eye target on your ship and say "hit me." It's just plain weird and screams classic prequel. That's why I prefer the colour black, it's sneaky, mysterious and just kick ass.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jon_Solo
Peasant
Peasant

Re: *NEW* Darth Vader's Sith Starfighter

Post by Jon_Solo » Wed May 27, 2015 4:35 pm

I definitely prefer this color scheme to the yellow. Nice job!

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Wed May 27, 2015 4:43 pm

Color scheme would depend on what planet you're on. I guess yellow may work better in some places than black, what you did is much more than I'd do, but I like the picture much more than actual ship,I like the fact that it's made to look like original lego box. Great job !
VENI VIDI VICI

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Wed May 27, 2015 8:04 pm

Got kind of excited when I first glanced at the picture. Looks great and the box detail is pro-level work. I especially like the Boba Fett box art. Is that from a previous Lego packaging, because it doesn't look familiar?

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Fri May 29, 2015 2:28 pm

I'm curious, isn't this copyright infringement by modifying and using the Lego and Star Wars logos, box design elements and images?! I get "creativity" but you're using someone else's intellectual property without consent.

And people complain about the Chinese counterfeiters...

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Fri May 29, 2015 7:32 pm

payam81 wrote:I'm curious, isn't this copyright infringement by modifying and using the Lego and Star Wars logos, box design elements and images?! I get "creativity" but you're using someone else's intellectual property without consent.

And people complain about the Chinese counterfeiters...
Seriously? There is no money being made off of this. It isn't even real...