Basic Set of just plates?

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
LegoImagination
Citizen
Citizen

Basic Set of just plates?

Post by LegoImagination » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:00 pm

My idea is that Lego should sell basic sets of mostly plates. I.e. 1x4, 1x6, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, etc.

Right now Lego sells Basic Brick sets. These mostly have the normal bricks. The idea is you can build what ever you want from those sets. But most of the model kits they sell, like Star Wars, Creator, Ninjago, etc, all those use mostly plates. There are exceptions of course. My point being that the basic sets can't make models even close to the kits Lego makes. and a big part of this is the lack, or very few plates you get in Basic sets.

So what do you think if Lego sold a Basic set with mostly plates? I think it would appeal to older kids more than the Basic sets do. Models could be more detailed and not so blocky. Duplo-->Bricks-->Plates
Last edited by LegoImagination on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegoImagination
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Basic Set of just plates

Post by LegoImagination » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:00 am

No thoughts, good, bad, or don't think it would sell well?

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Basic Set of just plates?

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:55 am

LEGO used to sell bulk bricks in pre-packed polybags including several with assorted plates. (see here) They stopped making these about the time LEGO stores and Pick-a-Brick walls started becoming more widespread.