Faorground twister in progress - home made.

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
ascap29
I'm New !

Faorground twister in progress - home made.

Post by ascap29 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:28 am

Here's something I'm currently working on. It's a fairground twister and it's been a helluva challenge. It's also the first model I've built in over 20 years. I've managed to get the gearing working and if I can figure out how to post a vid on here from my FB account then I'll show you it working.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
All I have to do now is make the truck to tow it. I was going to go the full hog and make a platform for the ride but the cost of the 16x16 plates prohibited me somewhat......Unless anyone know where I can get them at a great price......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ascap29
I'm New !

Re: Faorground twister in progress - home made.

Post by ascap29 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:44 am

I finally finished it and have uploaded a short video. Comments and criticisms are most welcome :-D

Cheers, Rick.

LegoImagination
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Faorground twister in progress - home made.

Post by LegoImagination » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:11 pm

That is really cool. I like how it moves like a real ride would. If you got better matching bricks, I wonder how it would do if submitted...