Results of Second Lego Ideas Review!

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Umbra-Manis
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Results of Second Lego Ideas Review!

Post by Umbra-Manis » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:48 am

The results of the second lego review are in!
Wall-e and Doctor Who and Friends are being produced. All the other projects were rejected.

1781847-second-review-results.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Results of Second Lego Ideas Review!

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:16 am

YES! This is the result I was hoping for, I plan on buying multiples of both sets.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:34 am

I'm happy that Wall-E is being produced. Don't care about Doctor Who.

I'm not surprised that Invisible Hand, X-Mansion, Assault on Wayne Manor and UCS AT-AT weren't selected - they're just too large. I'm completely unsurprised that Ghostbusters HQ wasn't selected - we already had a project reach review stage that had the Ectomobile and HQ included, and they only made the Ectomobile.

This also means that w can assume Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum will not pass review.

I am very surprised, however, that Hubble Space Telescope and Lego Lightsabers didn't make the cut, or at least weren't held for further consideration. That's disappointing.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:10 am

The Hubble not making it is very odd because they had the Mars rover set that sold out in 4 seconds and never got more made. (Idiots at LEGO) So maybe that's why they didn't want to go through that again.

Everything else was not shocking at all. What is disappointing is the next review range doesn't have a single set that is likely to be made. Are we going to get a several hundred dollar set or a random piano? :lol:

Umbra-Manis
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Umbra-Manis » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:36 am

Personally for the next review I feel like we'll end up with a Hornet or Downsized JP. I think Hidaka ruined his chances with piano through his involvement with CUUSOO Brick. I doubt that Lego will work with him now.

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:02 pm

Umbra-Manis wrote:Personally for the next review I feel like we'll end up with a Hornet or Downsized JP. I think Hidaka ruined his chances with piano through his involvement with CUUSOO Brick. I doubt that Lego will work with him now.
I agree, I think those two have the best chances of making it.

I am very happy Wall-E made it and will try to buy it day one. I don't really care much for Dr. Who, but happy for the fans that are getting a set.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:17 pm

There will be a lot of happy Who fans.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:06 pm

dr_spock wrote:There will be a lot of happy Who fans.
Super excited about both Doctor Who and Scooby-Doo!

Neo
Knight
Knight

Post by Neo » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:05 am

The trend of Ideas winners suggest that the part count and final production cost are deal breakers.

WRT to the next group: the Jurassic World, the marble maze, and the Piano would make a good fit

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SEK527 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:50 am

Brick & Blue wrote:The Hubble not making it is very odd because they had the Mars rover set that sold out in 4 seconds and never got more made. (Idiots at LEGO) So maybe that's why they didn't want to go through that again.

Everything else was not shocking at all. What is disappointing is the next review range doesn't have a single set that is likely to be made. Are we going to get a several hundred dollar set or a random piano? :lol:
The only set from this group that I would have purchased is The Hubble. I would have bought a few to give as gifts too. Yes, the Rover (a vehicle) sold out quickly, but The Hubble is similar to Hyabusa which as I recall LEGO ended up discounting on its Sales & Deals page after I already bought four.

The only sets from the upcoming batches that I'd buy if LEGO will produce them are the Natural History Museum & DiscWorld & LEGO Physics (provided this one gets enough votes for consideration).

echobanzai
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by echobanzai » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:50 am

how much would the AT-AT have cost?

the lightsabers would have been so cheap to make, no need for special parts, except the figures.
that could have been a series, like the minifighters.

payam81
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by payam81 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:44 pm

Wall-E? Seriously? :lol:

I admit it does look good in Lego form but this would be one of the rare Ideas sets I'd pass.

Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Sinfanti » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:39 pm

I'd say that WALL-E would be the set I'd have to get, as it will certainly make my kids very happy. By the time they watched the movie on DVD for the first time and it became a family favorite all the merchandising for the movie was long gone.

2009conkie
I'm New !

Post by 2009conkie » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:35 am

I think it is rediculous that Wayne Manor and the X Men were not chosen. I mean with so many fans for both, and what a fabulous build. I know personally I would have bought several of both. And as for it being because of the size did that stop anyone from buying the Death Star? I don't know about anyone else but I am really disappointed. I would have expected them to be a little smarter in their decision.