Flying Dutchman Creation Reaches 10 000 Supporters

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Flying Dutchman Creation Reaches 10 000 Supporters

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:29 pm

The Flying Dutchman creation by Sebeus has now reached 10 000 supporters on LEGO Ideas. otential LEGO Ideas set. LEGO released a SpongeBob version of the Flying Dutchman (SpongeBob Set #3817) back in 2012 before, but would they make an actual "Flying Dutchman" ship?

You can check out the creation here.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/flying-dutchman- ... upporters/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

medib
I'm New !

Re: Flying Dutchman Creation Reaches 10 000 Supporters

Post by medib » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:32 am

It looks like a nice ship. Congrats on the designer who posted it and got the necessary backing.

I think either that it will either be rejected outright because of the amount of brick necessary or that it will
be put on the shelf until the next movie comes out.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:53 pm

medib wrote:It looks like a nice ship. Congrats on the designer who posted it and got the necessary backing.

I think either that it will either be rejected outright because of the amount of brick necessary or that it will
be put on the shelf until the next movie comes out.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks.
Agree, plus the whole Potc theme did not sold too well except for the ships. Given mini-figures sell sets, and they have already released a Davy Jones figure, Lego might be on the fence with this one. Without a new movie or exclusive figures to hype it, sadly, I doubt they will pass this one.

echobanzai
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by echobanzai » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:03 am

and lets not forget a new pirtates film is on the way, which i assume lego will be making sets of.

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by unduli » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:14 am

It's a gorgeous set but I agree that this one, like many set suggestions, are a bit too far fetched. If there were to be another PotC or a related reason to release a great collector set that would be one thing, but I just don't see this getting produced.

This falls into the last review period - does anyone know how long that lasts/ when the results are expected?