senteosan's LEGO Ideas Jurassic Park Project Creation Approaching 10 000 Supporters

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

senteosan's LEGO Ideas Jurassic Park Project Creation Approaching 10 000 Supporters

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:22 pm

December 5 Update: The creation has now reached 10 000 supporters.

The Jurassic Park Creation on the LEGO Ideas site now has over 9600 supporters! senteosan's creation shows the entrance of Jurassic Park along with a dinosaur (T-Rex I believe), a vehicle and 3 minifigures. The creation should reach 10 000 supporters in the next few days so if you like the set, make sure to support it!

This is also going to be quite interesting if LEGO Ideas does make a Jurassic Park set as The LEGO Group is already making official Jurassic Park sets for 2015.

Description

The Jurassic Park Gate is a famous trademark of the Jurassic Park Series. It first appeared in the first movie 1993 when the tour cars entered the Park and it is definitely one of the most iconic scenes in motion picture history. Now recreated in Lego form too - ohh, with some extra spice...

I got this idea right before 3D version of first film hit theaters on April 2013. I used a tremendous amount of time drafting models again and again, making sure that all propositions are right and each component looking as realistic as possible. I have always thought this as a display piece, like UCS -style eye catcher but there certainly is a lot play value here too.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-ideas-juras ... upporters/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: senteosan's LEGO Ideas Jurassic Park Project Creation Ap

Post by vynsane » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:18 am

Toys N Bricks wrote:This is also going to be quite interesting if LEGO Ideas does make a Jurassic Park set as The LEGO Group is already making official Jurassic Park sets for 2015.
Well, they're making Jurassic World sets for sure. Whether or not they dip into the well and go back in time is anyone's guess, but it's likely - seeing as how both Star Wars and Indiana Jones were themes that started around newer movies in the franchise, but each reached back in time to create sets based on earlier installments.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

pbb99
Knight
Knight

Post by pbb99 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:33 pm

I'd buy this for sure, but with Lego's own Jurassic World sets coming down the pipe, I can't see them producing this. Wouldn't be surprised if they have their own Jurassic Park gate set in the works. But I hope I'm wrong!

Claybricks
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Claybricks » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:33 pm

I think the Lego built dinosaur in this set looks awesome.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:26 pm

I'm sure this set will conflict with an official set that will feature the gate and car. So basically I'm sure we will get the essence of this set, but with a lot of changes. Mainly less pieces and not the "Park" characters. I have a feeling they will focus on "World" for the time being.

lordoflego
Knight
Knight

Post by lordoflego » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:35 pm

Just like others, with new Jurassic World lego theme coming out soon, I doubts that we will this set in production. Regardless, I think it's really nice even though I never cared much for the movie.
VENI VIDI VICI