Best way to apply stickers?

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
Tronedor
I'm New !

Best way to apply stickers?

Post by Tronedor » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:24 am

Hey everyone, new to the boards and this is my first post!

I am mainly a collector of the UCS items and I have a really hard time putting on stickers straight, especially the large name plate stickers that come with these sets. Any tips and tricks of how to get them on super straight fairly easily? Hoping one day LEGO can print these instead of giving stickers for the price we are paying but until then I'm stuck trying to master this art! lol

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Best way to apply stickers?

Post by SpaceViking » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:35 am

I use a pair of tweezers and a steady hand. (and lots of practice?)

gopalkrishnan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by gopalkrishnan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:44 am

It takes lot of effort to apply those stickers but one thing you can do is scan them and then stick it on the wall.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:49 pm

I also use a pair of tweezers. I brace the edge of my hand against the table and slowly bring it down on top of the part. I wouldn't claim to be particularly good at it. I've had more luck trying to position the center of the sticker rather than the edge, because if you are crooked, it will propagate down and maybe be hanging over the piece.

Yeah stickers are terrible. There were some kind of big ones in the Palace Cinema set. :problem:

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:55 pm

Tweezers for small stickers.

Two hands for large stickers.

I eye center them then I press down one corner or edge and work my way across.

Tiffany9292
I'm New !

Post by Tiffany9292 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:33 pm

tweezers works everytime, helps you prevent finger prints on your stickers :mrgreen:

Brickedoff
I'm New !

Post by Brickedoff » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:18 am

Windex. Spray the part getting stickered with windex. Set sticker on windexed part, & slide sticker into best aligned position. The windex allows the sticker to slide & it buys you time time to set it appropriately. Once positioned, wipe off excess windex, being careful not misalign sticker. Once windex excess is wiped off, sticker will set quickly. Once set, use soft cloth to out any air bubbles - working from center out usually works best. This is the only way I apply stickers anymore & they are all perfectly aligned.

Noca
I'm New !

Post by Noca » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:55 pm

I line up one of the corners, and then just place them on starting from one side to the other. Lego stickers, especially the smaller ones can be adjusted slightly immediately after applying them just with your thumb.