Professor Moranis' Steampunk Antigravity Flying Chair

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
kemcab
Peasant
Peasant

Professor Moranis' Steampunk Antigravity Flying Chair

Post by kemcab » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:28 pm

Professor Moranis decided to travel in style. With that in mind, he created an antigravity flying chair out of various components he had stripped from his Time Traveling Machine. Luckily for us, he photographed his progress and has released them in the Steam Explorer's Journal.

The Professor began by building his open cockpit. Here we can see him install a plate of gauges.

Slowly, the Professor rotates the propeller for one of the engines, checking for balance. It took a lot of effort to attach it to the antigravity field generator.

After verifying the balance and tightening the bolts, Professor Moranis installs the engine on the main frame.

Yup, the central pressure valve and smoke stack are all in order.

Excellent, the copper chains to help equalize the overflow of energy from the antigravity generators.

Almost there! After connecting the chair to the frame, Professor Moranis installs the bronze starter pump. To the right of the Professor is a blue plasma globe to help regulate the system.

Finally, we have the completed chair, and it's ready for flight!

The Professor starts up the contraption, showing us the billowing smoke from a profile shot. Note the secondary pipe jutting out the back.

Another shot of the chair, this time from the back.

The Professor and his Chair visiting the land of Officigar.

The ship is a MOC made with the pieces from Kit 10 of the Invention designer MBA. The top wing is attached to the vertical support plate via a Technic Pole Reverser Handle connected to the Technic axle running vertically through two stud technic blocks. The chair uses two technic pins to connect to two plates with technic holes at the base of the vertical support.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Professor Moranis' Steampunk Antigravity Flying Chair

Post by vynsane » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:35 pm

That's awesome! I love steampunk builds but have yet to try my hand at it.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:51 am

Very nice. I like the story as well as the actual build.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

kemcab
Peasant
Peasant

Post by kemcab » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:05 am

Thank you both. I've been finding that if I tie a story to the actual creation, the pieces I use and their location end up making sense and form a more cohesive whole.

gopalkrishnan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by gopalkrishnan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:00 am

Hey @kemcab, I think you did a great job with Professor Moranis. I loved the figures first and then the story.