Random Spaceships

Every week, a LEGO(My Own Creation) posted here will be featured on our front page. Got a cool creation? Share it! This is also the place to share your building tips and ideas as well as LEGO IDEAS.
kemcab
Peasant
Peasant

Random Spaceships

Post by kemcab » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:30 am

Hey everybody. Being new, I figured I would share some of the MOCs that I've created in the last few months. These are unplanned MOCs, meaning I took the pieces available within reach and came up with a rapidly evolving design. Next, I took pictures, swooshed them a bit, then scrapped them to make something else.

There is some irony in that I really enjoy photography, but have yet to apply those skills to taking pictures of my Legos. I should fix that.

This ship is static in design with no moving parts. In my head I was imagining this as a private jet in some industrial, alternate universe.

This one is made with pieces from the Star Wars AT-RT set - #75002. The nose can be tilted and the wing mounted cannons can be turned about. Obviously, I was inspired by Star Wars cruisers and wanted something angular and menacing.

The next ship was made from mostly Mixel pieces. Note that the missile launches in back are mounted on ball socket pieces, so you can easily move them above. The front is on hinges, so you can open wide or secure the cannons and armor around the cockpit. Inspiration came from bug eyed, underwater creatures.

This ship was also made from mostly Mixel pieces. I was thinking of birds while making this, thus the wings can tilt up and down.

The wings can be swept forward or a little back on hinge plates with various, adjustable greebles.

This fighter has vertically adjustable wings in back and a variety of weapons that can be fired. This ship, while not the prettiest, had the biggest swoosh factor for me.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Re: Random Spaceships

Post by Mantisking » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:31 am

These are neat. I really like the second, third, and fourth ones.

kemcab
Peasant
Peasant

Post by kemcab » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:30 pm

Thank you! The ones you referenced came from a limited number of parts within one or two sets versus the others that grew out of a mish-mash of sets sitting nearby. I'm hoping to take the next step and start actually planning out some designs and pulling together the pieces to methodically build it.

gopalkrishnan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by gopalkrishnan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:04 am

These are amazing! I loved the wings one.