New guy

Welcome to Toys N Bricks. Be sure to introduce yourself here!
possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

New guy

Post by possum » Thu May 20, 2010 8:04 am

Hello, my name's Matt. From what I've read I suppose I am starting to come out of my dark age. I've recently become engaged to a lovely lady with 8 & 11 y/o daughters. We're also expecting our first son in a few weeks. The girls love LEGO & I've decided to pickup the AFOL lifestyle in hopes of maintaining some form of sanity with 3 females & 3 children in the house. Just now we've been focusing on Atlantis, City, Creator, & Star Wars kits, but I'd like to get into MOCs as I have several ideas I'd like to try. I guess you could say I'm re-learning the basic skills from childhood & trying to get some new techniques down. Away from the bricks, I'm a baseball & hockey fan who works in IT. Glad to be here, looking forward to absorbing some knowledge.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: New guy

Post by Senator » Thu May 20, 2010 8:43 am

Welcome Matt. Congrats on your first son! This site has some really good news on new sets so I often check here too.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu May 20, 2010 9:15 am

Hi Matt and welcome to Toys N Bricks. We have separate topics for upcoming Atlantis, City, Creator and Star Wars so be sure to check those out. If you haven't done so already, you can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Have a great time here ! ;)

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu May 20, 2010 10:40 am

Welcome! It's good to see that girls are into LEGO - I always pictured them as unisex toys myself, but never actually knew any girls who liked them when I was a kid. I have a 3.5y/o daughter who loves to build with me. She has a lot of Duplo Farm sets that she plays with on her own, but I think she enjoys playing with "daddy's LEGOS" more. I came out of my 'dark age' this past Christmas when I received the Midi-Scale Millenium Falcon and LEGO Indiana Jones 'Venice Canal Chase' sets. Since then my collection has grown to 41 sets (well, that includes the Duplo stuff, too).
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Fri May 21, 2010 6:18 am

vynsane wrote:Welcome! It's good to see that girls are into LEGO - I always pictured them as unisex toys myself, but never actually knew any girls who liked them when I was a kid. I have a 3.5y/o daughter who loves to build with me. She has a lot of Duplo Farm sets that she plays with on her own, but I think she enjoys playing with "daddy's LEGOS" more. I came out of my 'dark age' this past Christmas when I received the Midi-Scale Millenium Falcon and LEGO Indiana Jones 'Venice Canal Chase' sets. Since then my collection has grown to 41 sets (well, that includes the Duplo stuff, too).
I'm not sure what it is, but my 2.5 year old already like my legos more then his own duplos (and we've probably got more duplos then legos). Especialy the minifigs.