New forum member long time fan

Welcome to Toys N Bricks. Be sure to introduce yourself here!
spock00
Citizen
Citizen

New forum member long time fan

Post by spock00 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:44 am

Hello,

I am new to the forums but grew up with Legos in the 80s. I had the basic brick set in a blue tub and a few minor "city" sets. I loved them then and have grown found of all the new figs/sets now. I introduced my kids to them 3 years ago (when they were over 4) and they love them too. They are more into them than I was when I was a kid. I am amazed at all the Lego choices kids have today. They are hooked on the Lego wii games, the Lego board games and all other things Lego. One good thing about this fascination is that they are selling all their other crazy toys like bakugan to buy Legos with the money. I like that :mrgreen:

We haven't made it to LegoLand yet but we'll plan a trip there soon. Heck we haven't made it to the local Lego store yet because of the parking situation at the mall. It is 15 miles or so away and has terrible parking. I wish we had a closer store... Next time we go to DisneyLand we'll have to check out the store there. We get most of our Legos from the Legoshop.com, TRU, Walmart, eBay or other online shops depending on the deals at the time. The local TRU are poorly stocked and often out of everything so that's disappointing.
Anyone recommend a local store in the LA area for Legos?

Take Care :D

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Re: New forum member long time fan

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Welcome to Toysnbricks. Always make use of the sales and deals forum for the best savings.

As for your LEGO store situation... If you live in the middle of America you're hours away from a store. 15 miles away would be just dandy for me : ) Also it is completely worth going to the LEGO store to take advantage of their stocking of the rare sets, as well as the unique and more expensive sets that are $100+ that often are sold out online. Furthermore if you shop at the LEGO store you get to take advantage of their VIP program that earns you reward money for each purchase of LEGO from their store or online. They also have their pick a brick selection that allows you to fill a cup with LEGO bricks from whatever they have stocked on their back wall, as well as a build a fig bucket.

Don't buy from Ebay, it's generally overpriced or not what is advertised. For a more dedicated community of people selling LEGO, go to Bricklink.com. There are a lot of reputable dealers of only LEGO and is much cheaper to find specific bricks on Bricklink than other places.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

spock00
Citizen
Citizen

Post by spock00 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:16 pm

The problem with the closest lego store is the parking. It's in a large mall. But it's not that far I suppose. Maybe in the next few weeks we'll head over there. I'd like to take the kids regularly for the store events such as set building. I am a vip and have a Lego Universe account. The family wants to use the pick a brick to build custom figs that look like them. Yeah I've had some issues with eBay (both buying & selling) and had some good luck. I found bricklink.com a few weeks ago and bought a few missing accessories for some SW minifigs so I saved some $ on that. Thanks for your advice and help :D
legitimatealex wrote:Welcome to Toysnbricks. Always make use of the sales and deals forum for the best savings.

As for your LEGO store situation... If you live in the middle of America you're hours away from a store. 15 miles away would be just dandy for me : ) Also it is completely worth going to the LEGO store to take advantage of their stocking of the rare sets, as well as the unique and more expensive sets that are $100+ that often are sold out online. Furthermore if you shop at the LEGO store you get to take advantage of their VIP program that earns you reward money for each purchase of LEGO from their store or online. They also have their pick a brick selection that allows you to fill a cup with LEGO bricks from whatever they have stocked on their back wall, as well as a build a fig bucket.

Don't buy from Ebay, it's generally overpriced or not what is advertised. For a more dedicated community of people selling LEGO, go to Bricklink.com. There are a lot of reputable dealers of only LEGO and is much cheaper to find specific bricks on Bricklink than other places.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:25 pm

Welcome to the forums!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:19 pm

Welcome!

spock00
Citizen
Citizen

Post by spock00 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:04 pm

I took the kids to the local Lego store (Glendale CA) today and we had a blast. Got some Series 3 figs, a few Atlantis figs on sale, a pick your brick bucket, and 6 build your own mini figs. The kids were going nuts and the place was packed. They had numerous in-store sales and deals.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anyone else go to the Glendale store?

spock00
Citizen
Citizen

Post by spock00 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Heading to the same Lego store later. Maybe I should pick up 60+ series 3 figs...
I'll post some pics later.

spock00
Citizen
Citizen

Post by spock00 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:25 pm

spock00 wrote:Heading to the same Lego store later. Maybe I should pick up 60+ series 3 figs...
I'll post some pics later.
Series 3 bin (1 of 2) at the Glendale store Image

Pick a brick on the back wall

Store view

Build a Mini Station