New guy from Va

Welcome to Toys N Bricks. Be sure to introduce yourself here!
fiveonomo
I'm New !

New guy from Va

Post by fiveonomo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Hello all, I am brand new to the site and returning to Legos after many years. I am almost 44 and haven't messed with these things in a very long time, my parents were buying them for me then.

I heard some talk on the radio the other day that sparked my interest. They were talking about collecting and investing and trading, all of it sounds great to me. I really like the mini figures, but unfortunately I think I have figured out that you cannot buy them in stores. I hit 5 targets, 3 Walmarts, and 2 toys r us today only to find the Simpsons, and so my collection is born. In just a bit I am going to open them and see what I have.

Why can't I find the mini figs in stores? Were they ever? Are the coming back if the were?

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. I hope to learn a lot here and maybe once I have some knowledge I can help spread it around and contribute to the site. I do have a large R2 D2 that my wife won for guessing how many bricks there were, it's probably been 10 years maybe since she won that. I collected Star Wars toys then.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: New guy from Va

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:03 pm

Welcome to Toys N Bricks!
Right now we're kind of between series of collectible minifigures, but series 12 should be out early this fall and will be available in most stores.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Welcome. There is a slight chance of finding older series CMF. But you'd have to go to a store in a remote location.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

fiveonomo
I'm New !

Post by fiveonomo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:34 pm

Ok, great this means the stores will sell them. I will be on the lookout for the older sets. Thanks!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:56 pm

Welcome!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:00 pm

Welcome!