Out of the Dark Ages...

Welcome to Toys N Bricks. Be sure to introduce yourself here!
Air Brick
I'm New !

Out of the Dark Ages...

Post by Air Brick » Mon May 12, 2014 8:46 pm

After my kids received a couple small Lego sets for their birthdays last year, they quickly pieced them together and wanted more… So with some leftover birthday money, my son purchased a garbage truck… He needed a little guidance in figuring out some of the instructions and finding a couple of pieces… but he was able to complete it without much difficulty.

Hmm, Lego instructions and designs seemed to have improved…

Fast forward 6 months to Christmas, when Santa didn't bring the Fire Station set (that was desired since "dad is a firefighter") The hunt began. After not looking at or being involved with Lego for a long time, I had to resort to the web. After searching lego fire stations, I saw an interesting model that looked like a station from back in the 30's. Wow that was different looking compared to all the other sets…

Fire Brigade? Interesting. Expensive. A LOT OF PIECES!

After reading a couple things about it I learned that we just missed it… IT JUST RETIRED!!! And no one had any on the shelves anywhere…

Can Legos really be this popular?

In an attempt to make an already long story shorter , we finally found one on Craigslist from a great seller. The kids dumped the bags and quickly became overwhelmed. I then I stepped in and helped get them started.

Wow, 2000 is a lot of pieces!

I noticed that this is definitely worthy of the Expert rating… I couldn't stop helping. This thing was awesome. We all worked together building. What a great experience!

Everything has snowballed since then, with me being fully-involved with trying to track down other modulars…. Along the way, I stumbled across some outstanding landmark builds for my "therapy".

Don't need to tell any of you how much this simple little plastic toy has changed since my old sets were sold at a garage sale 30+ years ago…

Out of the "Dark Ages" big time…

BTW- that original Fire Brigade is already receiving major renovations. It had doubled in size and is going to look outstanding next to our other modular buildings.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Out of the Dark Ages...

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Tue May 13, 2014 4:33 am

Welcome to Toys N Bricks! Thanks for sharing your story.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue May 13, 2014 6:05 am

Welcome!

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri May 16, 2014 4:09 pm

Welcome to the light!
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

byroads73
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by byroads73 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:31 am

Welcome, that same Fire Station helped hook me as well.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri May 30, 2014 7:17 pm

Welcome!