Friends Lego Xmas Shortage?

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Friends Lego Xmas Shortage?

Post by Mrbill317 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Anyone notice that it seems Friends lego is in short supply except for absolutely insane scalping on Amazon Marketplace.

Walmart , almost every set out of stock , Target , nada , TRU had a 5 dollar gift card for Lego Friends purchase online but didn't bother to actually STOCK anything. Everything is pick a store for pickup but 10 of them I tried had 0 stock.

Dolphin Cruiser , Pet Salon , Heartlake High , ect.

Lego Shop has them but too expensive for Express ship.

All I wanted to get was the Bakery for my Daughter.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Friends Lego Xmas Shortage?

Post by SpaceViking » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Yes, TLG has had a few hits out-of-the-park with the Friends line this season.

Did you try Target's 'pick up in store'? A few target's close to me are showing that 41006 is in stock.

If not, I'd be willing to pick one up and ship it to you for my cost + USPS shipping (priority mail would run @ $6, I think, so ~$31 total.) I'm in Boston, so it should arrive in PA before Christmas.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:18 am

I saw a similar thing at my Targets. The LEGO Friends were pretty much wiped out minus the little jet ski, but the regular aisle was holding up. Previous years, the regular LEGO aisle got wiped out and not restocked until Feb.

It looked like the Bakery and Dolphin Cruisers were the most popular because those seem to have sold out first.

yeti79
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by yeti79 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:19 am

I also noticed this at my local Target K-Mart and Walmart's. Nothing left but a few Jet Ski's and pet series