2011 LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
BlacktronManic
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Lego Pirates of Caribbean?

Post by BlacktronManic » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:27 am

Metro wrote:Image
Man I love the double sword holster. That looks very sweet!
legitimatealex wrote:As for having pirates back, I would love to have pirates back, or have at least gone on another year. But there's something I have to point out here. Had pirates gone on another year they would have continued to use most of the same torso, used the same props and accessories that have become a staple to pirates throughout time. With a possible POTC line, we get all new torsos, all new bodies, all new characters, probably accessories and maybe, just maybe, we get WIGS! I'd flip for some of those.
As legitimatealex pointed out, with a new line like this new pieces will be a very nice thing to see and have added into one's LEGO collection.

iamFLIP
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by iamFLIP » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:03 pm

Mantisking wrote:
Hodgeman wrote:This might confirm things:

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean Video Game May 2011

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/18/lego- ... -may-2011/

Have to assume sets will also appear...
Sets will appear.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=71748

In a companion release today, Disney Consumer Products and The LEGO Group announced an upcoming collection of LEGO brand Pirates of the Caribbean construction sets that will launch in conjunction with the video game and film release in Spring 2011.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:39 pm

BlacktronManic wrote:Man I love the double sword holster. That looks very sweet!
The double katana scabbard is already available in the Prince of Persia sets. It is, indeed, an awesome piece. Hopefully we see it in other colors soon, though I can't recall seeing it in any of the NinjaGo shots...
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:27 pm

This is going to be a great pirate esque line.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:32 pm

I didn't really like the movies much-I think action movies are okay, but I prefer comedies. Anyways, I'm not a huge fan of Licensed themes-I appreciate what they have brought into LEGO, and some were decent-but many were unnecessary and not-so-great, in addition to the un-originality of them. The only ones I would truly appreciate for the sets is Batman. I like the other themes, but a lot of crap has come out of them. The two nickolodeon ones were probable failures (at least I think). The earliest have been decent, although Spider-Man could have been better. The new ones are good, although I think they don't hold up to the original themes. And I dislike flesh color figs. Just my two cents.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

Opus
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Opus » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:59 am

I don’t mind the movies but now we’ll just be presented with overpriced pirate sets...these licensed lines are just pushing the prices up, which for something unique like (some would say) Star Wars is okay, but pirates?

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:26 am

Opus wrote:I don’t mind the movies but now we’ll just be presented with overpriced pirate sets...these licensed lines are just pushing the prices up, which for something unique like (some would say) Star Wars is okay, but pirates?
Exactly! They take these licensed themes, and push out expensive sets. Tons of people like LEGO only because of Star Wars-so LEGO ups the prices for other things since that's what people are willing to pay.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:59 pm

Opus wrote:I don’t mind the movies but now we’ll just be presented with overpriced pirate sets...these licensed lines are just pushing the prices up, which for something unique like (some would say) Star Wars is okay, but pirates?
BobaFett2 wrote:Exactly! They take these licensed themes, and push out expensive sets. Tons of people like LEGO only because of Star Wars-so LEGO ups the prices for other things since that's what people are willing to pay.
You do know that the Star Wars and other licensed sets are more expensive because Lego has to pay a licensing fee to the people who own the property?

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Mantisking wrote:
BobaFett2 wrote:Exactly! They take these licensed themes, and push out expensive sets. Tons of people like LEGO only because of Star Wars-so LEGO ups the prices for other things since that's what people are willing to pay.
You do know that the Star Wars and other licensed sets are more expensive because Lego has to pay a licensing fee to the people who own the property?
Yeah...that's what I was SAYING. I was thinking maybe they could get a license that costs less if they just use the name, but don't actually just copy movies/shows/comics/games.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Not only is it the license fee, but it's also the tooling and printing for specialty pieces that will mainly see usage in JUST that theme. Low-run pieces that won't see wide-spread reuse drives up the cost of the sets due to the cost of the of production. You won't see Jack Sparrow's head, or beard for that matter, in a CITY set.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:42 pm

vynsane wrote:Not only is it the license fee, but it's also the tooling and printing for specialty pieces that will mainly see usage in JUST that theme. Low-run pieces that won't see wide-spread reuse drives up the cost of the sets due to the cost of the of production. You won't see Jack Sparrow's head, or beard for that matter, in a CITY set.
But that would be one awesome CITY set, right?

If we're lucky we wont see anything worse than some other Disney lines like PoP and Toy Story. Those weren't marked up very much at all, especially not PoP. We could scrape by.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:34 am

legitimatealex wrote:
vynsane wrote:Not only is it the license fee, but it's also the tooling and printing for specialty pieces that will mainly see usage in JUST that theme. Low-run pieces that won't see wide-spread reuse drives up the cost of the sets due to the cost of the of production. You won't see Jack Sparrow's head, or beard for that matter, in a CITY set.
But that would be one awesome CITY set, right?

If we're lucky we wont see anything worse than some other Disney lines like PoP and Toy Story. Those weren't marked up very much at all, especially not PoP. We could scrape by.
Not necessarily awesome-maybe a hobo could have his beard. They could have a fan collection thing later, or a movie theater with fans (though I doubt it) but I doubt that they will make something like it. I believe the PoP and Toy Story were relatively cheap because of the lack of molds. Mostly just guys, and for the most part-they re-used/made things that will be re-used. From PoP the new arches are being re-used, and there are barely any new molds. Same with Toy Story, although there are probably more from there.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:40 am

Probably a LOT more for Toy Story. There's no reason though they couldn't do the same for PotC. Seriously, it's more pirate stuff. Guess what LEGO just had out a year ago? Pirates! Except most of the same pieces, except for a few new accessories (like how PoP gave us quite a few new hats and weapons/weapon holders and some new animals) and we have a brand new line that they will reuse the molds for. TLG is smart about these things. They've definitely noticed that it's smarter to make pieces they can reuse in different lines.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:41 pm

I was rather happy with the re-start of classic pirates but I only managed to get a few sets before it discontinued.
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

FireWolf
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by FireWolf » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:56 pm

Some new info leaks from play.com.

4195 Queen Anne's Revenge £102,99
From the captain's quarters perched high on his magnificent ship, Blackbeard secretly looks on as Captain Jack Sparrow and the motley crew attempt mutiny against Angelica and the zombies. Will our heroes be able to take control of the ship before Blackbeard reveals himself?
http://www.play.com/Toys/Toys/-/3501/27 ... oduct.html

4194 Whitecap Bay £71,99
At White Cap Bay, Captain Jack Sparrow and the other pirates must capture a mermaid. Spot them using the searchlight and shoot the net from the boathouse cannon. But beware! If the whale oil tips over the whole lighthouse is sure to go up in flames!
http://www.play.com/Toys/Toys/-/3506/27 ... oduct.html

4193 The London Escape £49,99
Captain Jack Sparrow and Joshamee Gibbs escape the hangman's noose only to be captured again by King George's soldiers. Can Jack escape through the busy streets of London and find refuge at the Captain's Daughter?

4192 Fountain of Youth £21,99
Barbossa, Blackbeard and Jack Sparrow are battling it out for the fabled spring that gives the gift of eternal life. As they clash cutlasses, can Captain Jack tiptoe past them and make it to the fountain first?

4191 The Captain's Cabin £10,49
In the dead of night, Captain Jack Sparrow sneaks into the captain's cabin to steal a coveted ship-in-a-bottle. As he turns to leave, two pirates jump out of the shadows. With nowhere to run, will he be able to fend them off and escape with the loot?

4183 The Mill £40,99
At the mill, Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Turner and Admiral Norrington duel it out for the key to the Dead Man's Chest. Suddenly the mill wheel shakes loose with them inside! Can they manage to stay upright and still stop Flying Dutchman Pirate Hadras from scuttling away with the prize?

4182 The Cannibal Escape £30,99
Ruuuun! Captain Jack Sparrow and Will Turner have escaped from the cannibal village and are being chased by their hungry foes. Can they reach the safety of the Black Pearl before their guests really do have them for dinner? Set includes roasting spit, bone cage, chief's chair and cannibal hut.
http://www.play.com/Toys/Toys/-/3506/27 ... oduct.html

4181 Isla De la Muerta £21,99
Pirate Lord Hector Barbossa needs to capture the descendent of Bootstrap Bill to rid himself of the curse of the Black Pearl , and he believes it to be the beautiful Elizabeth Swann. As Barbossa turns into a skeleton, can Captain Jack Sparrow defeat the Pirate Lord and gain control of the Black Pearl?

Metro
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Metro » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:09 pm

Nice! Finally some set description. Now just waiting for the pictures. :)

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Is there going to be a Cpt. Sparrow in every set? That would be a bit redundant.

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:12 pm

koromo wrote:Is there going to be a Cpt. Sparrow in every set? That would be a bit redundant.
I'm sure TLG could find a way to slip an Anakin and Ashoka in those sets for you instead.

After all, Davy Jones is a Quarren, so it has to be a shared universe, right? :lol:

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:31 pm

GuaranteedUnity wrote:
koromo wrote:Is there going to be a Cpt. Sparrow in every set? That would be a bit redundant.
I'm sure TLG could find a way to slip an Anakin and Ashoka in those sets for you instead.

After all, Davy Jones is a Quarren, so it has to be a shared universe, right? :lol:
Well there is a Dastan in every PoP set. That was redundant.

I thought Jones was part Cthulhu :mrgreen:

JabbaT
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: 2011 LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

Post by JabbaT » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:53 pm

I'm sure we'll get lots of new molds for this line. Looks very interesting from the descriptions.