2011 LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2011 LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

Post by Ice » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:31 pm

Toys N Bricks wrote:2011 LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean Rumor Thread
Keep checking this topic for news with upcoming LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean 2011 sets. If you have news on these LEGO sets, post it here! Please note that prices are estimates only.

New LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean Sets

LEGO 4195 Queen Anne's Revenge ($119.99 USD / $149.99 CAD / £102.99 GBP)
From the captain's quarters perched high on his magnificent ship, Blackbeard secretly looks on as Captain Jack Sparrow and the motley crew attempt mutiny against Angelica and the zombies. Will our heroes be able to take control of the ship before Blackbeard reveals himself?
http://www.play.com/Toys/Toys/-/3501/27 ... oduct.html

LEGO 4194 Whitecap Bay ($69.99 USD / $89.99 CAD / £71.99 GBP)
At White Cap Bay, Captain Jack Sparrow and the other pirates must capture a mermaid. Spot them using the searchlight and shoot the net from the boathouse cannon. But beware! If the whale oil tips over the whole lighthouse is sure to go up in flames!
http://www.play.com/Toys/Toys/-/3506/27 ... oduct.html

LEGO 4193 The London Escape ($49.99 USD / $69.99 CAD / £49.99 GBP)
Captain Jack Sparrow and Joshamee Gibbs escape the hangman's noose only to be captured again by King George's soldiers. Can Jack escape through the busy streets of London and find refuge at the Captain's Daughter?

LEGO 4192 Fountain of Youth ($24.99 USD / $34.99 CAD / £21.99 GBP)
Barbossa, Blackbeard and Jack Sparrow are battling it out for the fabled spring that gives the gift of eternal life. As they clash cutlasses, can Captain Jack tiptoe past them and make it to the fountain first?

LEGO 4191 The Captain's Cabin ($10.99 USD / $14.99 CAD / £10.49 GBP)
In the dead of night, Captain Jack Sparrow sneaks into the captain's cabin to steal a coveted ship-in-a-bottle. As he turns to leave, two pirates jump out of the shadows. With nowhere to run, will he be able to fend them off and escape with the loot?

LEGO 4183 The Mill ($39.99 USD / $54.99 CAD / £40.99 GBP)
At the mill, Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Turner and Admiral Norrington duel it out for the key to the Dead Man's Chest. Suddenly the mill wheel shakes loose with them inside! Can they manage to stay upright and still stop Flying Dutchman Pirate Hadras from scuttling away with the prize?

LEGO 4182 The Cannibal Escape ($29.99 USD / $39.99 CAD / £30.99 GBP)
Ruuuun! Captain Jack Sparrow and Will Turner have escaped from the cannibal village and are being chased by their hungry foes. Can they reach the safety of the Black Pearl before their guests really do have them for dinner? Set includes roasting spit, bone cage, chief's chair and cannibal hut.
http://www.play.com/Toys/Toys/-/3506/27 ... oduct.html

LEGO 4181 Isla De la Muerta ($24.99 USD / $34.99 CAD / £21.99 GBP)
Pirate Lord Hector Barbossa needs to capture the descendent of Bootstrap Bill to rid himself of the curse of the Black Pearl , and he believes it to be the beautiful Elizabeth Swann. As Barbossa turns into a skeleton, can Captain Jack Sparrow defeat the Pirate Lord and gain control of the Black Pearl?
Thanks FireWolf! First post updated.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:58 am

I can't really say that this won't happen anymore. However, I have a big issue with one thing-pirate ships. They tend to be expensive. Does this tell you something? If it's a licensed one, it will be more so.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:45 am

Wow, these are a bit more expensive than I had hoped. At least they included some of the sets I hoped they would, ie THE CANNIBALS! WOOOOOH!

Only one $10 set and then it jumps to $25+. Terrible pricing on the range. They're really banking on the fourth movie's popularity to sell these sets. It's a shame when they do that.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

garage2917
I'm New !

Post by garage2917 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:31 pm

Did anyone else notice "zombies" on the Queen Anne's revenge?! Similar zombies as the mf series 1?

tired
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tired » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:33 am

I'm just hoping for original female heads in this theme.

It does look quite promising. What would be ridiculous would be a Flying Dutchman or Black Pearl on par with the Death Star. A gigantic mother of a pearl that would make the Imperial Flagship look small. And please revive the broken/falling mast feature on the Black pearl. That was a pretty neat feature when i was young.

and finally we actually have british troops. not imperial guards that coincidentally have red-coats but real lobsters =D

autobrick
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by autobrick » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:45 am

To be honest, I am not a big fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean series (although I did like the first one), but for some reason I am quite excited to see how these sets turn out.
legitimatealex wrote:Only one $10 set and then it jumps to $25+. Terrible pricing on the range. They're really banking on the fourth movie's popularity to sell these sets. It's a shame when they do that.
I agree. Hopefully the high prices are offset by excellent set/new mold design and decent piece counts.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:38 am

The site had the pictures for 20 minutes. Gladiatoring saw them and said that they were awesome.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:33 am

tru.com has the Pirate of the Caribbean game available for pre-order.
may 15,2011 is long way off, surprised they are up already.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

smilyremhof
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by smilyremhof » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:34 pm

The movie is set to come out on May 24. Will the LEGOs be release after that or before?

Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:37 pm

Update: It appears that these minifigures may be custom and are not official.

Chris just contacted us by email with a picture from Hooked Gamers that revealed some of the LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean minifigures! Our staff reporter ncbarrett also brings us news that ToysRUs.com now has the LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean Video Game available for pre-order with a scheduled release date on May 15 / 2011. What do you think of these new minifigures, sets and video game so far?

Permalink: http://toysnbricks.com/blog/lego-pirate ... -pictures/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

koromo
Knight
Knight

Post by koromo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:41 pm

Looks like a lego rapier second from the left. :mrgreen:
Lego Fan based in Seacoast Area of New Hampshire.

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:15 pm

wonder what ship that is in the background...

ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ImmortalShark » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:22 pm

prozac wrote:wonder what ship that is in the background...
I would think it's The Black Pearl. The Flying Dutchman was more grey in colour.

Uno Brick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Uno Brick » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:34 pm

I feel this image is kind of odd...I noticed all the parts, with the exception of some, were previously released elements, such used for a as the lady with dress minifigure having a slope element previously witch minifigure, or the pirate with the aqua green parrot. :? And, Koromo, I think the rapier you mentioned may actually be a silver katana like those in PoP. Also, if these are the minis to come in the sets, where's the Jack Sparrow we first saw?

Perhaps these are prelims, but I don't remember seeing such old elements used before. :?:
Check out MOCs by Uno Brick at: http://www.mocpages.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.flickr.com/photos/65992150@N02/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :-)

garage2917
I'm New !

Post by garage2917 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:35 pm

Maybe these are only the minifigures from LEGO 4195 Queen Anne's Revenge? With the boat in the back and only 10 minifigures I would guess that these are only the minifigures for this set!

slimninj4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by slimninj4 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:05 am

Interesting set that I know kids will love. I am not a pirates fan though did enjoy the movies. I much prefer the POP but I knew that was a short lived theme.

This looks to have some interesting figs that I know pirate lovers will want.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:22 am

Uno Brick wrote:I feel this image is kind of odd...I noticed all the parts, with the exception of some, were previously released elements, such used for a as the lady with dress minifigure having a slope element previously witch minifigure, or the pirate with the aqua green parrot. :? And, Koromo, I think the rapier you mentioned may actually be a silver katana like those in PoP. Also, if these are the minis to come in the sets, where's the Jack Sparrow we first saw?

Perhaps these are prelims, but I don't remember seeing such old elements used before. :?:
I agree, these seem kind of odd to me.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:20 am

Toys N Bricks wrote:Image
The monkey has white arms?

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:32 am

How official is this source that sent the picture? The image is too small to tell for sure, but to my eyes, those figures could be real, or they could be MOCS. Like I said, that could just be me though.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:46 am

I think those are custom Minifigures.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream