2011 LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

2011 LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:20 pm

2011 LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean Rumor Thread
Keep checking this topic for news with upcoming LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean 2011 sets. If you have news on these LEGO sets, post it here! Please note that prices are estimates only.

December 24 Update: Added 4184
January 15 Update: Added pictures
January 18 Update: Pictures removed
February 1 Update: Added pictures from MTV site
March 31 Update: Added 30130 30132
April 16 Update: Added 30131
April 17 Update: Updated pictures
July 17 Update: Added 4184 picture

New LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean Sets

LEGO 4184 Black Pearl

LEGO 4195 Queen Anne's Revenge ($119.99 USD / $149.99 CAD / £102.99 GBP)
From the captain's quarters perched high on his magnificent ship, Blackbeard secretly looks on as Captain Jack Sparrow and the motley crew attempt mutiny against Angelica and the zombies. Will our heroes be able to take control of the ship before Blackbeard reveals himself?

LEGO 4194 Whitecap Bay ($79.99 USD / $99.99 CAD / £71.99 GBP)
At White Cap Bay, Captain Jack Sparrow and the other pirates must capture a mermaid. Spot them using the searchlight and shoot the net from the boathouse cannon. But beware! If the whale oil tips over the whole lighthouse is sure to go up in flames!

LEGO 4193 The London Escape ($49.99 USD / $69.99 CAD / £49.99 GBP)
Captain Jack Sparrow and Joshamee Gibbs escape the hangman's noose only to be captured again by King George's soldiers. Can Jack escape through the busy streets of London and find refuge at the Captain's Daughter?

LEGO 4192 Fountain of Youth ($19.99 USD / $24.99 CAD / £21.99 GBP)
Barbossa, Blackbeard and Jack Sparrow are battling it out for the fabled spring that gives the gift of eternal life. As they clash cutlasses, can Captain Jack tiptoe past them and make it to the fountain first?

LEGO 4191 The Captain's Cabin ($11.99 USD / $14.99 CAD / £10.49 GBP)
In the dead of night, Captain Jack Sparrow sneaks into the captain's cabin to steal a coveted ship-in-a-bottle. As he turns to leave, two pirates jump out of the shadows. With nowhere to run, will he be able to fend them off and escape with the loot?

LEGO 4183 The Mill ($39.99 USD / $54.99 CAD / £40.99 GBP)
At the mill, Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Turner and Admiral Norrington duel it out for the key to the Dead Man's Chest. Suddenly the mill wheel shakes loose with them inside! Can they manage to stay upright and still stop Flying Dutchman Pirate Hadras from scuttling away with the prize?

LEGO 4182 The Cannibal Escape ($29.99 USD / $39.99 CAD / £30.99 GBP)
Ruuuun! Captain Jack Sparrow and Will Turner have escaped from the cannibal village and are being chased by their hungry foes. Can they reach the safety of the Black Pearl before their guests really do have them for dinner? Set includes roasting spit, bone cage, chief's chair and cannibal hut.

LEGO 4181 Isla De la Muerta ($19.99 USD / $24.99 CAD / £21.99 GBP)
Pirate Lord Hector Barbossa needs to capture the descendent of Bootstrap Bill to rid himself of the curse of the Black Pearl , and he believes it to be the beautiful Elizabeth Swann. As Barbossa turns into a skeleton, can Captain Jack Sparrow defeat the Pirate Lord and gain control of the Black Pearl?

Mini Promotional Sets

LEGO 30130 Ship
30130-1.jpg
LEGO 30131 Jack Sparrow in Boat

LEGO 30132 Captain Jack Sparrow
30132-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Lego Pirates of Carribean?

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:39 am

Metro wrote:
4819476713_7e032d28f5.jpg
4819464595_7591117520.jpg
LEGO probably cut the last pirates theme short to make room for this. Can't wait!
^ M*** B**** did have the POTC theme but that was a several years ago. I'm sure it will do ten times better as a LEGO licence.
I wouldn't be surprised to see lots more Disney themes now that LEGO has a good relationship with them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:23 am

Freakin' awesome! MB may have had a PotC license, but Disney has quite the deal going on with LEGO now. This TOTALLY opens the door for Marvel comic book characters moving over to LEGO.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:26 am

I smell a fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie in the works for sure if there's an accompanying LEGO line! It has to be!

Wow this line is going to be so cool. The Prince of Persia line with its 5 sets bumped itself up to be one of my favorites.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

GoN2Broadway
TnB Customizer Reporter
TnB Customizer Reporter

Re: Lego Pirates of Caribbean?

Post by GoN2Broadway » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:10 pm

Legitimatealex - I have actually heard that there is a fourth movie in the works (although I don't think it includes Kiera Knightly or Orlando Bloom :( ) but I think it might have Barbosa back! I am also super excited to see the new line - MB did indeed have the license, but I would wager that the contract was only for a short period of time, and that now Disney and Lego have a contract for POTC :)
Family Bricks
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49756387@N02/

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:13 pm

GoN2Broadway wrote:Legitimatealex - I have actually heard that there is a fourth movie in the works (although I don't think it includes Kiera Knightly or Orlando Bloom :( ) but I think it might have Barbosa back!
Jack Sparrow is the only reason to watch PotC anyway. Well, that and Knightley, but not for her acting abilities...

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:32 am

The new POTC movie is called "On Strange Tides" or maybe stranger tides, can't remember. Barabosa is supposed to be back, but from what I've heard, the big bad will be Blackbeard. Penelope Cruz is in it too. Johnny Depp made an appearance at Comic Con in full Captain Jack getup to talk about it. Of course, since Captain Jack is, well, Captain Jack, the talk wasn't very informative. The movie may, or may not, be about the hunt for the Fountain of Youth (like they showed at the end of the last movie, assuming you actually cared by that time).

I would love to see lego POTC sets, but until we get an official announcement, Its all just speculation.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

kevin93
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by kevin93 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:43 pm

Another view of the figure.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:58 am

Release the Craken!!!!! I'd like to see the Black Pearl and other ships. I can't wait!

micah82
Peasant
Peasant

Post by micah82 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:17 am

That theme is going to be so cool!!!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:32 am

I predict that there will be two ships: The Black Pearl and The Interceptor from the first movie. A possible third could be Davey Jones' ship. I also expect a Kraken set, probably much like one of the Atlantis sea monsters. Maybe a Imperial Fort as well, hopefully a lot different from the latest one from the Pirate's line.

Probable Minifigures: Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swann, James Norrington, Will Turner, Davey Jones, at least two of his fish looking croneys, Captain Barbossa, the guy who keeps losing his eye and his buddy, a slew of Imperial Soldiers, Calypso, and possibly the midget :D

Fun stuff. I hope they do a set based around the cannibals they meet in the second movie. That was one of my favorite scenes.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:58 am

They should hold off on the interceptor since they have the imperial ship out now. The Dutchmen would be cool to see. Also the ship that Chow Yun Fat commanded on the last flick would be cool. But I think they may just do one or two ships are year.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:39 am

They should TOTALLY make Jack's little boat from the opening of the first movie either as an impulse item (just the mast sticking out of a blue baseplate) or $15-$25 set (entire boat + bailing bucket) with a small dock, akin to the one from Indiana Jones 'Venice Canal Chase'.

yankeeken
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by yankeeken » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:23 am

Am I the only one here that was never really a big fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean series? Personally, I'd rather just have the Pirates theme back.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:53 am

yankeeken wrote:Am I the only one here that was never really a big fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean series?
I've heard mixed opinions of the sequels (though, I personally love all three of them) but the first one is generally regarded as pretty awesome across the board. Johnny Depp saves it from being 'just a pirate movie', however - his characterization of Jack Sparrow is probably the driving force behind the success of the movies.
Personally, I'd rather just have the Pirates theme back.
I can understand that, as it's a richly detailed theme in its own right. It's not like there has ever really been a licensed theme that had an original theme as a direct predecessor - I mean to say there was no generic 'Arabian' theme before 'Prince of Persia' started - so it's an interesting issue. My main trepidation is that it will be a lot more expensive than the original Pirates theme, being that it's a licensed theme.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:11 am

vynsane wrote:
yankeeken wrote:Am I the only one here that was never really a big fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean series?
I've heard mixed opinions of the sequels (though, I personally love all three of them) but the first one is generally regarded as pretty awesome across the board. Johnny Depp saves it from being 'just a pirate movie', however - his characterization of Jack Sparrow is probably the driving force behind the success of the movies.
Personally, I'd rather just have the Pirates theme back.
I can understand that, as it's a richly detailed theme in its own right. It's not like there has ever really been a licensed theme that had an original theme as a direct predecessor - I mean to say there was no generic 'Arabian' theme before 'Prince of Persia' started - so it's an interesting issue. My main trepidation is that it will be a lot more expensive than the original Pirates theme, being that it's a licensed theme.
I'm a fan of the first movie, an admirer of the second movie and downright abhorred by the third movie. That ending to the trilogy was awful. I thought the whole point of releasing Calypso was that she was just going to sink all the ships? What does she do? Not sink all the ships. Just throws a huge storm.

As for having pirates back, I would love to have pirates back, or have at least gone on another year. But there's something I have to point out here. Had pirates gone on another year they would have continued to use most of the same torso, used the same props and accessories that have become a staple to pirates throughout time. With a possible POTC line, we get all new torsos, all new bodies, all new characters, probably accessories and maybe, just maybe, we get WIGS! I'd flip for some of those.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:14 pm

I did not really like the movies. But aside from that, as of yet there is not solid proof-there was a Minifigure at the Toyfair, but that could be a joke. It may have been mentioned in an interview, but he may just have been referring to a fourth Pirates theme. It has not appeared in the 2011 Retail Catalog, so I doubt it's release (in fact, I hope against it, because it would limit space for other themes that I'd prefer), but it's a possibility...
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:19 am

This might confirm things:

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean Video Game May 2011

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/18/lego- ... -may-2011/

Have to assume sets will also appear...
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:55 am

Hodgeman wrote:This might confirm things:

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean Video Game May 2011

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/18/lego- ... -may-2011/

Have to assume sets will also appear...
Sets will appear.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:10 am

Yes! Another Pirates theme confirmed! I can't wait! I hope they don't reuse the Atlantis heads though... That would be infuriating.