2011 LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: 2011 LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

Post by vynsane » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:00 am

Jgraj wrote:Anyone try purchasing the Jack Sparrow promo set through TRU online? I thought I had bought 5 of them but I received a cancellation from TRU today.
Is it the one that's just the figure? That's available as a give-away when you pre-order the LEGO PotC game, so probably won't be available for purchase alone for some time (not going to say never, because look at the Nexus Astronaut that was a LEGO Universe pre-order 'exclusive').
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Jgraj
I'm New !

Post by Jgraj » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:47 am

vynsane wrote:
Jgraj wrote:Anyone try purchasing the Jack Sparrow promo set through TRU online? I thought I had bought 5 of them but I received a cancellation from TRU today.
Is it the one that's just the figure? That's available as a give-away when you pre-order the LEGO PotC game, so probably won't be available for purchase alone for some time (not going to say never, because look at the Nexus Astronaut that was a LEGO Universe pre-order 'exclusive').

Yes, same one. They had it to where you can add it to your cart and checkout all by itself without purchasing the video game. But changed it after 3 or 4 days. Maybe an error but it let me make the purchase but got cancelled 3 days later.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:28 am

Yeah, their system doesn't seem to permit them to create 'hidden' promotional items, so they have to be actual products that are then unavailable for purchase. This leads to some confusion, I guess, as sometimes they AREN'T unavailable for purchase. The same thing happened multiple times with the Chrometrooper promos.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:37 am

Most retail websites still have a lot to be done to them in terms of usability and convenience. Toys R Us isn't the worst though. BnN might get that distinction.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

smilyremhof
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by smilyremhof » Thu May 05, 2011 6:26 am

darknight wrote:Another Lego promo set - 30131 Jack Sparrow in boat. The only reason to get this is for the figure. The boat is nothing.

Has anyone seen this out yet? We have been looking at our Target and TRU and nothing.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu May 05, 2011 6:37 am

smilyremhof wrote:
darknight wrote:Another Lego promo set - 30131 Jack Sparrow in boat. The only reason to get this is for the figure. The boat is nothing.

Has anyone seen this out yet? We have been looking at our Target and TRU and nothing.
I would not expect to see it until movie is released.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon May 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Has anyone seen the solo Jack Sparrow Minifig (from the pre-sale promo) for sale individually? I asked at TRU today to see if they had extras and the guy by video games said it was only if you did the pre-sale. My daughter is really enamored w/ Jack right now and I'd love to get a few more figs without having to buy the whole set.

Will Lego do a magnet set? I suppose if they do they likely will be glued right?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue May 17, 2011 8:40 am

A few people on various chatboards have mentioned getting a few at TRU - I guess it depends on who you talk to that day.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue May 17, 2011 9:40 am

atmail35 wrote:...
Will Lego do a magnet set? I suppose if they do they likely will be glued right?
They will be, yes.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue May 17, 2011 4:55 pm

vynsane wrote:A few people on various chatboards have mentioned getting a few at TRU - I guess it depends on who you talk to that day.
Thanks, I'll have to ask again when I go, maybe I should check w/ the Customer Service desk rather than the video game desk.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Tue May 17, 2011 11:51 pm

atmail35 wrote:Has anyone seen the solo Jack Sparrow Minifig (from the pre-sale promo) for sale individually?
I wish. I've asked at 4 TRU and they all laugh at me :x

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:48 pm

peanut wrote:
atmail35 wrote:Has anyone seen the solo Jack Sparrow Minifig (from the pre-sale promo) for sale individually?
Success today! Well I went in WITH my daughter and asked at the video game area. The guy said it was only for the presale. I said, "oh do you have any left?" He opened a drawer and gave her an opened/assembled one. I guess he was probably bored during the day and was putting them together or something. I said I felt bad taking it but he said, not to worry, he had a bunch.

I think having a 6 year old with me helped. ;)

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lukeskywalker » Sat May 28, 2011 12:35 pm

atmail35 wrote:
peanut wrote:
Success today! Well I went in WITH my daughter and asked at the video game area. The guy said it was only for the presale. I said, "oh do you have any left?" He opened a drawer and gave her an opened/assembled one. I guess he was probably bored during the day and was putting them together or something. I said I felt bad taking it but he said, not to worry, he had a bunch.

I think having a 6 year old with me helped. ;)
Probably. :D

chris2348
Peasant
Peasant

Post by chris2348 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:24 pm

While browsing Brickipedia today I came across some interesting info on the Black Pearl set. If this is true it would include: Jack, Will, Elizabeth, Davy Jones, Joshamee Gibbs, Pintel, Ragetti, and the Monkey. I'm thinking this would make sense. There was also some other info on new sets coming out, so I suggest you go check it out.

fouzie
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Lego 4184 Black Pearl

Post by fouzie » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Got this on the net

4184 Black Pearl
[confidential image removed]
Last edited by vynsane on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I think everyone had enough time to download it by now. We don't allow posting of confidential images.

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:19 pm

The Black Pearl ship looks much smaller compared to Queen's Annes Revenge so I'm hoping for a much lower price. Other than the color and the minifigures, I don't think theres much differences from the picture.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:30 am

I've heard the Black Pearl will have 804 pieces versus the Revenge's 1097, and a price of $129.99 (Canadian) versus the $149.99 (Canadian) for the Revenge.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:52 am

I apologize if this has been asked here before, but does anyone know if there are plans to do PotC keychains or magnets? It seems like since the movie has been released that they should have come out by now if they were making them. I need a Jack Sparrow key chain ;)

brickz
Knight
Knight

853219 Battle Pack

Post by brickz » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:39 pm

Some guy on eb found this new Pirates of the Caribbean battle pack in Singapore. Item number is 853219.

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: 853219 Battle Pack

Post by lukeskywalker » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:51 am

brickz wrote:Some guy on eb found this new Pirates of the Caribbean battle pack in Singapore. Item number is 853219.

Nice, But I don't like how the zombie pirates keep popping up everywhere.