Lego Avatar coming back?

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
legogeek
Knight
Knight

Lego Avatar coming back?

Post by legogeek » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Just watched the last airbender in theaters today and I really like it. Searched it up on google and I find Lego made 2 Avatar sets before. Is Lego going to have Avatar back? They need the water city with water benders and the northern water tribe :D

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Lego Avatar coming back?

Post by natelite » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:43 am

it wasn't very popular at the time. it won the nickelodeon license and was created in conjunction with spongebob. sbsp however was a hit so it went on for a few more years, but we didn't see any more nick license theme. kinda doubt it's coming back.

i got the two avatar sets for lulz...good investment as they are now like $150+ on ebay/BL.

Batwing
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Batwing » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:07 pm

legogeek wrote:Just watched the last airbender in theaters today and I really like it. Searched it up on google and I find Lego made 2 Avatar sets before. Is Lego going to have Avatar back? They need the water city with water benders and the northern water tribe :D
The movie is ok. Too much focus on narrative than developement of characters. It would have been good with all the action and effects but the "rush" killed it.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:03 pm

Batwing wrote:
legogeek wrote:Just watched the last airbender in theaters today and I really like it. Searched it up on google and I find Lego made 2 Avatar sets before. Is Lego going to have Avatar back? They need the water city with water benders and the northern water tribe :D
The movie is ok. Too much focus on narrative than developement of characters. It would have been good with all the action and effects but the "rush" killed it.
Not to mention the immense challenge of condensing a multiple season long show into about 4 movies, which is M Night's plan on Avatar. He's hoping that he has enough backing for a second one if the showing is good enough for the first one.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

legogeek
Knight
Knight

Post by legogeek » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:47 pm

natelite wrote:it wasn't very popular at the time. it won the nickelodeon license and was created in conjunction with spongebob. sbsp however was a hit so it went on for a few more years, but we didn't see any more nick license theme. kinda doubt it's coming back.

i got the two avatar sets for lulz...good investment as they are now like $150+ on ebay/BL.
This sucks. :( Forking out this much money for the retired sets is not worth it.

BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by BobaFett2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:41 pm

I seriously doubt that it will be re-released. I'm guessing it wasn't a very popular theme (considering that it had two sets and was never expanded).
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lukeskywalker » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:49 pm

i got some Avatar Minifigs in a bulk lot. At first I thought they were custom :lol: Now I'm kinda Glad I didn't trade them for a few battle droids :)