LEGO 2014 Possible Sets (Rumors)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO 2014 Possible Sets (Rumors)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:56 pm

A list of some of the possible 2014 LEGO sets (including Simpsons, Star Wars, City and Friends) has surfaced online. For the LEGO Series 12 Collectable Minifigures, there's also a rumor that the minifigures will only contact characters in the LEGO Movie. The sets should be available sometime this Winter in December or Spring in January (via Brickset and Groove Bricks).

Simpsons

Bart’s Skate Trick (Price: £10, Minifigs: Bart & Milhouse)
Homer at the Control Panel (Price: £20, Minifigs: Homer, Berns, & Smithers)
Lisa’s Sax Preformance (Price: £30, Minifigs: Lisa, Marge, Sherri, and Terri)
Springfield Shops (Price: £50, Minifigs: Bart, cashier at Krusty Burger, Krusty, Apu, / Nelson)
Simpson’s House (Price: £70, Minifigs: Bart, Homer, Marge, Lisa, Maggie, Grandpa, Flanders, and the Dog)

Friends

Mission at the Beach
Beach and Smoothie Bar
Beach House

Star Wars

Imperial Star Destroyer
X-Wing
Kashyyyk Trooper
DS Trooper
General Grievous Bike
Vulture Droid (or Planet set)
V-Wing (or planet set)
AT-AP
Droid Gunship
Republic AV- Battle of Seludca

City
Police

Break-Out of the Police Station (~100 Euros)
Break-Out of the Prison Transporter Bandit’s Hiding Place (~50 Euros)
Police Motorcycle Chase Police Helicopter Chase (~50 Euros)
Police Boat Transporter (~40 Euros)
Mobile Police Unit (~30 Euros)

Great Vehicles

Camper with Canoe Jeep with Jetski
Wood Transporter Car Transporter
Racing Car
Monster Truck
Repair Car
Tow Truck

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-2014-possible-sets-rumor/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Re: LEGO 2014 Possible Sets (Rumor)

Post by hatcher » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:35 am

ANOTHER X-Wing?????? I literally see nothing in that list that makes me sit up and take notice. Of course that might change once some pictures start to surface. The collectible minifigures being only from the LEGO movie both intrigues me and worries me at the same time. Could be a great idea, but could be a complete fail. Time will tell.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

meclo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by meclo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:36 am

Yay, another X-Wing and police station. WTF?

I'm pretty stoked about the Simpsons sets, though I doubt they'll appear as listed in this rumor...when does Lego make all the principal characters from a theme available in the same set? (*Cough* TMNT LOTR) Still, pretty excited to see what they come up with.

Also, ISD?? Sweet!! I totally missed the first one...

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:44 am

^ and ^^ Apparently it's not a System-scale x-wing, but a smaller-scale series meant to replace the planets line.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/legoboy-pr ... 500893758/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:31 am

So pretty much Lego is getting rid of the planets to save money and these things will still probably cost $10. the planets were the only thing special about the sets, miniscale Star Wars ships is nothing new.

Star Wars is blah ships, we need a new ATAT.

City is officially dead, they can't even be creative with police anymore, do coastal police, or desert police or even ice police. If you do police all the time at least mix it up.

crazybirdman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by crazybirdman » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:55 am

seriously, so beach theme one year. Police on quads with shorts on. A fireboat station. lifeguard towers. anything but the constant police/fire theme

firebat11
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by firebat11 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:40 am

Battle Packs look good for Star Wars. I am not interested in any of the regular sets though. Why do they keep focusing on the prequel trilogy. None of these sets are episodes IV-VI.

Gah...

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:47 am

^ I think in 2015 when the new movie supposedly comes out they will do the classic sets. The summer was episode 2 / Clone Wars, then episode 3, next summer will be episode 4 and 2015 will be new movie and some more classic sets.
crazybirdman wrote:seriously, so beach theme one year. Police on quads with shorts on. A fireboat station. lifeguard towers. anything but the constant police/fire theme
Exactly. We all used to complain about having Fire and Police every year, but at least it was one year Police, one year fire. Then LEGO started doing them both every year, but they did forest sets, which was nice.

Coast Guard just came out, can have a coastal police station that has a boat ramp, small helicopter, a quad or jeep. Have a boarded up "beach" house. We haven't had a police boat in awhile.

Or even airport police and fire. In summer of 2014 release some new airport sets, then in winter/ spring 2015 have the police and fire sets for the airport.

No creativity left at all.
Last edited by Brick & Blue on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slimninj4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by slimninj4 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:58 am

Looking forward to these midi sets for star wars and they come with one mini fig. These make great display models.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Morgan19 wrote:^ and ^^ Apparently it's not a System-scale x-wing, but a smaller-scale series meant to replace the planets line.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/legoboy-pr ... 500893758/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Now that might not be so bad. I kind of like the planets sets, the models are nice little things, and the figures are usually exclusives, so these new Recruitment Line might be a cheap way to get minifigures. Or it might be horrible. We'll see. What really annoys me is that there are NO sets in the System Scale from the classic trillogy, just episode 3 era sets. I'm totally done with prequel sets.

We'll see what actually lands on store shelves.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:55 pm

The 'Great Vehicles' sounds intriguing. A good way to build up your CITY without yet another fire or police theme...
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:28 pm

firebat11 wrote:Battle Packs look good for Star Wars. I am not interested in any of the regular sets though. Why do they keep focusing on the prequel trilogy. None of these sets are episodes IV-VI.

Gah...
No worries. TLG heard you. Get your wallet ready for Ewok Village, and it will cost you at least $300 in Canada store.