Forgive the two different picture sizes. I didn't notice it until the end and I'm a little too tired to change them. The pictures can all be found on my Flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/legitalex/
Cashing in my paycheck I decided that I could spare a little somethin somethin for somethin nice. So after debating between this and the Kingdoms Prison Tower Rescue (Not to be confused with Prison Carriage Rescue, gee, super different names), I settled on this pimp set.
Description from LEGO:
Picture of the box. Ooh and Aaah yourself.Ride in Brick Daddy's stretched limo, space out in style!
Brick Daddy runs his criminal crew from the luxury of his stretched-out space limo driven by Jawson. Equipped with super-cool space weapons and an escape pod, in case Brick Daddy and his gang need to make a fast get-away! Brick Daddy is one tough crook to catch...good thing the Space Police commandos are up into the space chase! Includes 3 minifigures: Brick Daddy, Jawson and Space Police Commando Limo features concealed shooting function, opening cockpit and escape pod Lunar Limo measures over 14" (35cm)
The box is pretty huge, which surprised me. This set just never struck me as being too big. No matter how much you read into the descriptions and see the pictures, LEGO never does a set justice.
You're not going to get a picture of all the parts before construction sadly. I was in a bit of a rush to complete this so I put it together before I thought about taking pictures (oops). Hit up Brickset or Peeron to look at the instructional page for the pieces.
That's right. P I M P Brick Daddy. Purple Fedora, purple pants, fur lined suit. We are talking gaudy to the pimp extreme. All he lacks is a cane. Jawson is quite a figure by himself. He comes in a prison outfit, complete with a shank in the pocket. This body will be used over and over again in City themes from here on out, I guarantee it. The space police is typical of the 2010 Space Police line. Nothing to see here.
This picture should give a better indication of what the minifigures are like. Jawson's head is one piece. The chin really does slide down to his pants and you can fit anything that fits in a minifigure's hand inside of his mouth. The head of Brick Daddy is kind of small but its completely intentional. Double sided Space Police head.
Now, feast your eyes on this beauty! The Brick Mamba, as the license plate christens it (sticker, not shown here)
Its so big I can't fit in my camera view.
Yes, that's another head on the front of the car. Pure gold, no printing.
Classy tail lights.
The car is decked out in 'features,' so to say.
First off is the trunk.
Oooh and ah. I know what you're thinking: So what, its a trunk. I can store a spare in there. Well you can store much more...
"One less Space Policeman to deal with."
Then there's the main 'cannon,' a Technic launcher. The golden piece in the middle of the engine is the trigger for it.
These things pack quite a punch.
The engine pops up, revealing the golden glory.
Yes, those are 8 golden goblets. I was shocked too.
Here's the cabin.
Now here's the cabin on drugs (or drug dealers. I can only assume what these criminals are up to).
Jawson fits comfortably inside as the driver and Brick Daddy fits inside on his gun turret vehicle that pops out. It's really not too impressive, so I'm not going to take a picture of it. It's about 10 pieces, 4 pieces being the binoculars.
Surprisingly this set came with a lot of extra pieces, big ones too. Another antennae? Really? Not that I'm complaining. The extra visor is very nice as usual
So here we are, down to the final say.
Would I recommend you buy this set?
Yes. 100%. You have to look for faults with this set and they're far and few between.
What are these far and few between faults, oh wise one?
1. The trunk doesn't close all the way when the minifigure is in there, just most of the way.
2. The gunship's binoculars break off when taking the ship in and out of the limo. It's really annoying.
3. Ummm...There are no accessories for Jawson and Brick Daddy. It's a really lame con, so you might as well ignore it.
So there are a ton of pros right?
1. There is an insane amount of pearl gold pieces. 8 goblets, multiple vent tiles, multiple circular studs. The engine and the semi flat piece behind it to boot.
2. The design is amazing. This looks so gangster. The designers were spot on. The ship is also set up that if you really wanted to you could pop off the side wings and easily put some wheels on and turn this into a regular limo. I was tempted but I don't have the right size wheels.
3. Brick Daddy. He's exclusive to this set for now and he is amazing looking. He is unique in every way except for his purple pants. The minifigure has printing on both sides, his face is new and his hat is a PURPLE FEDORA. Jawson comes in two other sets but he is still a great minifigure to have.
4. It is a sturdy ship. It's nearly 15 inches long and it does not bend or break apart.
5. Good price per piece.
I can't think of anymore. If you are like me you've already fallen in love with it from just looking at it.
Go out and buy it.