Lego Star Wars Magnet Figures

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Selby-Tiger
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Lego Star Wars Magnet Figures

Post by Selby-Tiger » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:45 am

UNless someone discovered a good solvent solution for removing them without damaging them, I think the only way to respond is with our wallets and not buying the glued magnets!

Knowing they are glued, I won't buy any more. I don't pretend to know the reasoning. I would guess the exclusivity of some MF's is being seen as a good thing by TLG.

mrfootball
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mrfootball » Sun May 01, 2011 12:44 am

Pretty sure Hasbro was having a fit over these and complained to Lucas Film about it infringing on their figure license...this was the compromise.

unclad
I'm New !

Post by unclad » Mon May 02, 2011 10:50 am

Here is an excellent blog post on how to remove the glued minifigs from the magnet base.

http://thebrickblogger.com/2011/01/lego ... t-removal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Tue May 03, 2011 11:33 pm

gvardaman wrote:Yeah, that's right. That last Anakin magnet set is the last not glued.
This is both a question and a caution:

I purchased the Anakin/Ashoka/Commando set when it first came out and it was NOT glued Today, I was at my local Lego store this afternoon, they were having B2G1 sale on all SW magnet sets so I was going to buy another of that set, then noticed on the back of the package it said that the elements were glued :o . I asked two associates who both told me they changed to glued figs for that set so all the sets with blue & black cards are glued, the older white cards are still not glued. My question is has anyone purchased this set glued? If you have purchased it recently and it was NOT glued, did the back of the package say it was glued? Any info, preferably before the end of the sale, would be awesome. Thanks